PDA

View Full Version : You can have you guns (and shoot them too). A discussion on location(s).

Quinn
03-12-14, 09:38
Hello

I grew up in New Jersey had a great childhood there but it wasn't gun friendly. Wanted to branch out so I moved to Miami for about 2 years. I was very busy with work and school but the time I spent shooting and procuring firearms was fun. However, the area lacked genuine people that I could really connect with, among other things like the lack of diverse seasons.

After much contemplation I decided to move back north to finish my schooling. I am currently in New York finishing up my last year or so of school and to be honest I am very pleased with the area except for the lack of gun rights but that is a non-issue now since I live on campus.

Since I am almost done with school I got to thinking where I want to live when my schooling is over. I love the people, diversity in activities and landscape of the NY/NJ area but I do not agree with much of the legislation and lack of places to go shooting. I had a great time in Miami as far as being a gun owner is concerned but other than that I did not enjoy the area much.

Is there a location I can own firearms (and shoot them too) while still enjoying everything else life has to offer? Can I have only one and not the other? Is there any middle ground?

Would have posted this to general discussion because I am interested in other areas than mid atlantic but I do not have permission cause of my lack of posts on this forum.

What have your experience been? What made you stay in the area you are currently in? Are you happy with what it has to offer?

rocsteady
05-16-14, 07:32
After living as an adult in VA and NJ and now living and working in NY, my vote would be PA. It takes almost a day trip to get to a decent, outdoor rifle range from NYC and that's just insane. Stay here because of the job and girlfriend/ family. Otherwise, would go in a heartbeat to NE Pennsylvania and would deal with the commute just to be out of "occupied territory".