PDA

View Full Version : S&W's MOST current (LE) 9mm Pistol (151215)

C4IGrant
03-12-14, 16:23
The Taj Mahal as they call it. All the current fixes, upgrades, etc in one gun. The finish on it is PVD (rust proof).

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SW/151215.jpg

C4

rushca01
03-12-14, 16:25
So what has been upgraded or changed? Can I apply the same upgrades to my VTAC model save for the finish of course.

C4IGrant
03-12-14, 16:28
So what has been upgraded or changed? Can I apply the same upgrades to my VTAC model save for the finish of course.

The trigger bar, slide catch, sear, SHB, barrel, sights and finish.

Generally, we stock all the upgrades that this gun has in it.

C4

lunchbox
03-12-14, 16:33
Got to shoot one of these yesterday. It was noticeable nicer than previous M&Ps (should add I'm strictly a Glock guy) I'm not going to go out and buy one but trigger and accuracy were big improvement.

mkmckinley
03-12-14, 16:35
Very Cool Grant. Any idea why they went to PVD? I've never had a problem with any of my older M&Ps rusting even in Washington and NC. Also what do the new sights look like?

PatrioticDisorder
03-12-14, 16:54

C4

What did they do different with the sights?

RST Customer Rep
03-12-14, 17:08
I recently acquired one from a most prestigious vendor(Grant), and I was skeptical. I had owned an M&P Vtac model early last year( before I knew better)sold it middle of last year. I was hesitant to get another. However, after taking it to the range(personal) yesterday and really trying to focus on the fundamentals while firing, I am SUPER impressed. Gone are the days of squishy reset and sloppy over traveled triggers. They learned alot from their sheilds apparently. Grant was right when he told me that the fit and finish was the best yet. I was not as good with it as I hoped I would be, but I can definitely see a noticeable difference in ease of trigger control and the tight barrel fit does keep the groups tight( shot at 16"x12" square target at 25 yds/ consistent hand width group). I am looking forward to using and abusing this baby.
PatrioticDisorder-the sights are the standard metal three dot as far as I can tell. Maybe Grant can elaborate.

rushca01
03-12-14, 17:29
Can we get the upgraded factory barrel from you?

Sooo it's kinda like buying a 1911 and have to dump all the parts except the slide and frame to get it to run right...I kid I kid. I had to do it in light of 16 pages of 1911 discussion. I'm sure you will state that these parts don't have to be fit by a gunsmith which would be a true statement and a big bonus by the way.

Jaysop
03-12-14, 17:37
Are these going to be the new standard M&P9mm?

StevieJ309
03-12-14, 17:42
Are these going to be the new standard M&P9mm?

Curious as well. If I were to order a FS 9mm M&P from you is this what I would get? Or does the LE signify Law Enforcement only?

C4IGrant
03-12-14, 19:21
What did they do different with the sights?

Added a ledge to rack your belt or holster on.

C4

C4IGrant
03-12-14, 19:23
Can we get the upgraded factory barrel from you?

Sooo it's kinda like buying a 1911 and have to dump all the parts except the slide and frame to get it to run right...I kid I kid. I had to do it in light of 16 pages of 1911 discussion. I'm sure you will state that these parts don't have to be fit by a gunsmith which would be a true statement and a big bonus by the way.

We have the 9MM FS barrels in.

No fitting.

C4

C4IGrant
03-12-14, 19:24
I recently acquired one from a most prestigious vendor(Grant), and I was skeptical. I had owned an M&P Vtac model early last year( before I knew better)sold it middle of last year. I was hesitant to get another. However, after taking it to the range(personal) yesterday and really trying to focus on the fundamentals while firing, I am SUPER impressed. Gone are the days of squishy reset and sloppy over traveled triggers. They learned alot from their sheilds apparently. Grant was right when he told me that the fit and finish was the best yet. I was not as good with it as I hoped I would be, but I can definitely see a noticeable difference in ease of trigger control and the tight barrel fit does keep the groups tight( shot at 16"x12" square target at 25 yds/ consistent hand width group). I am looking forward to using and abusing this baby.
PatrioticDisorder-the sights are the standard metal three dot as far as I can tell. Maybe Grant can elaborate.

Glad you like it.

C4

black22rifle
03-12-14, 19:25
what else can you tell us about it? what exactly were the changes made and what do they do?

C4IGrant
03-12-14, 19:25
Curious as well. If I were to order a FS 9mm M&P from you is this what I would get? Or does the LE signify Law Enforcement only?

The ones with this new finish are LE only.

If you don't care about that, then ours are the latest and greatest.

C4

rushca01
03-12-14, 20:19
We have the 9MM FS barrels in.

No fitting.

C4

Are these listed on your web page?

C4IGrant
03-12-14, 21:02
Are these listed on your web page?

Not yet.

C4

Kenneth
03-12-14, 21:09
I just got mine like a month ago from you and it had everything but the sights and the new finish right Grant?

I'm digging mine. I have been shooting some 147's through it and it's pretty dang flat shooting. I also like the trigger. I don't feel the need for a full apex kit yet the Trijicon HD's are hard for me to shoot though as I mused to skinny fiber sights up front.

Up1911fan
03-12-14, 22:04
If I ordered one from your First Responders program is this what I would get?

Kenneth
03-12-14, 22:11

I'm not Grant but I'm pretty sure that would be what you would get.

orlanger
03-12-14, 22:27

C4

Grant, can you advise what stamp is on the updated trigger bar in these updated LE SKUs? Just got my off-duty M&P 9 back from S&W and they changed out the barrel, SHB, slide catch and trigger bar while they had it. Very noticeable and improved difference. The newly installed trigger bar is stamped "H".

While I'm at it...any word on when the LE M&P Shields (sans thumb safety) will be released?

Thanks.

acaixguard
03-12-14, 22:45
The Taj Mahal as they call it. All the current fixes, upgrades, etc in one gun. The finish on it is PVD (rust proof).

Hey Grant, is the only difference between 151215 and 309301 the finish?

RWH24
03-12-14, 23:02
So, Guns acquired at Christmas will be before this was available correct? After the APEX USB and SEAR, your polish job Grant, Mine is much smooth and tactile reset.

When/What about the M&P9c? Will they get the same treatment?

weggy
03-13-14, 00:44

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SW/151215.jpg

C4
Grant, did they improve the trigger? My lowly (non-Leo) M&P9 had the worst trigger I've ever had in over 40yrs of shooting!

Desert Dog
03-13-14, 00:58
Grant: Is there a corresponding FS 40 LE model with the same upgrades? If so, what is the SKU for this model and do you intend to stock it?

Koshinn
03-13-14, 01:15
How do the factory internals compare to apex?

sjc3081
03-13-14, 01:25
Can I get one with a manual safety?

C4IGrant
03-13-14, 09:24
what else can you tell us about it? what exactly were the changes made and what do they do?

Reliability, rust proof, accuracy and "feel" were the reason for the changes.

This gun is 100% better than a gun that was just built 2yrs ago.

C4

C4IGrant
03-13-14, 09:26
I just got mine like a month ago from you and it had everything but the sights and the new finish right Grant?

I'm digging mine. I have been shooting some 147's through it and it's pretty dang flat shooting. I also like the trigger. I don't feel the need for a full apex kit yet the Trijicon HD's are hard for me to shoot though as I mused to skinny fiber sights up front.

That would be correct.

C4

C4IGrant
03-13-14, 09:26

Yes. Remember though, that only the model 151215 has the DVP coating.

C4

C4IGrant
03-13-14, 09:27
Grant, can you advise what stamp is on the updated trigger bar in these updated LE SKUs? Just got my off-duty M&P 9 back from S&W and they changed out the barrel, SHB, slide catch and trigger bar while they had it. Very noticeable and improved difference. The newly installed trigger bar is stamped "H".

While I'm at it...any word on when the LE M&P Shields (sans thumb safety) will be released?

Thanks.

H is what it should be.

Nothing new on the LE shields.

C4

C4IGrant
03-13-14, 09:28
Hey Grant, is the only difference between 151215 and 309301 the finish?

Finish and NS's (assuming your 309301 was purchased somewhat recently).

C4

C4IGrant
03-13-14, 09:29
So, Guns acquired at Christmas will be before this was available correct? After the APEX USB and SEAR, your polish job Grant, Mine is much smooth and tactile reset.

When/What about the M&P9c? Will they get the same treatment?

S&W has 4 SKU's with this DVP finish. They are a FS and Compact 9mm and a FS and Compact 40.

This new gun has been out for a little while, but did not show itself to the public until Shot Show.

C4

C4IGrant
03-13-14, 09:30
Grant, did they improve the trigger? My lowly (non-Leo) M&P9 had the worst trigger I've ever had in over 40yrs of shooting!

Yes.

C4

C4IGrant
03-13-14, 09:31
Grant: Is there a corresponding FS 40 LE model with the same upgrades? If so, what is the SKU for this model and do you intend to stock it?

We don't stock the 40 version, but can special order it for you though.

C4

C4IGrant
03-13-14, 09:34
How do the factory internals compare to apex?

The two main components that directly impact trigger pull weight and feel is the striker block and SB spring and the sear and sear spring. I always tell people that by doing a proper polishing job on a NEW factory M&P, the trigger pull is really quite good. If someone is limited on cash, replacing the SB and spring is the best use of your money (as the factory SB spring has too much tension on it).

Apex also just changed their sear. They have a more pronounced edge that interfaces with the striker. This releases the striker much more cleanly IMHO.

C4

C4IGrant
03-13-14, 09:35
Can I get one with a manual safety?

That is not an option with the DVP coating.

C4

S. Kelly
03-13-14, 09:48
Will this treatment be available on the .45 caliber models?

C4IGrant
03-13-14, 09:50
Will this treatment be available on the .45 caliber models?

Hard to say. At this point, no.

C4

kt1589
03-13-14, 10:32
I have one on order with SKU 306701LE. Has NS and TS. Is this one of the SKU's with the DVP? Thanks.

C4IGrant
03-13-14, 10:34
I have one on order with SKU 306701LE. Has NS and TS. Is this one of the SKU's with the DVP? Thanks.

There are no models with TS in the DVP coated list.

C4

RWH24
03-14-14, 19:05
Not to Hi-Jack Grant's thread, but my M&P9LE I got from Grant at Christmas is making me look good today.

10yds 147gr GDHP The "2"

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1321/4777050/24528930/408997161.jpg

chmodx
03-15-14, 09:23
What were the issues with the vtac models that some are talking about?

RWH24
03-15-14, 11:29
The finish on the slides showed premature wear on edges especially when holstered in a Kydex holster.

C4IGrant
03-15-14, 11:42
The finish on the slides showed premature wear on edges especially when holstered in a Kydex holster.

To be honest, Kydex is MURDER on any finish an WILL wear it. Its even worse if there is dust and dirt inside of it.

C4

RWH24
03-15-14, 15:13
To be honest, Kydex is MURDER on any finish an WILL wear it. Its even worse if there is dust and dirt inside of it.

C4
Like a sanding block? I can see where the pores in the Kydex would hold grit and become a sanding tool.
How does Cerekote compare to the VTAC and PVD finish S&W uses?

C4IGrant
03-15-14, 15:14
Like a sanding block? I can see where the pores in the Kydex would hold grit and become a sanding tool.
How does Cerekote compare to the VTAC and PVD finish S&W uses?

PVD isn't really known all that well so I hate to judge it, but I think Cerakote is tougher.

C4

RWH24
03-15-14, 15:48
Thanks Grant

signal4l
03-15-14, 17:15
I recently fondled one at my local cop shop. The trigger is much improved. The frame had a grey color that I dont remember seeing on the earlier version

jhurt
03-16-14, 18:18
I'm considering this pistol for duty use BUT:
Question about the M&P pistols...we got one in on a T&E when we were buying new guns 2 years ago...we had some serious problems with it and I was wondering if we just got a lemon or some beat up junk thats passed around to any department that requests one.
Have any of you guy seen the following problems occur?
-The pin that holds the interchangeable grips on kept falling out while shooting. Falling out and landing on the floor...
-The magazine floorplate blew out twice while shooting (unsure if same mag)
-Couple FTF malf's (maybe same mag as above?)

We let each officer shoot a qual with it to get their impressions. Most stated they liked how it fet in the hand but couldn't trust it because of these problems. We bought glocks. Now we are being offered the option of buying something different for ourselves if we don't want to carry the glock and a lot of officers remember the M&P falling apart during testing. Are these commom problems? Just a lemon? This was a full size .40 cal.

number1olddog
03-16-14, 18:52
The only way I can see the grip insert pin coming out is if the nipple is broke off. I had an early insert pin (disassembly tool) in which the nipple on it came from the factory partially broke off but a quick call to S&W got me a replacement but even then when I went out and shot it the pin didn't come out so that is strange. I have seen one mags floorplate come off during shooting and that's because the gun blew up and all the guts from the mag came shooting out the bottom so that is strange as well. The M&P is a great weapon and all those issues you experienced are kind of head scratching.

Austin Millbarge
03-16-14, 19:59
Grant, are the new LE models in stock now?

C4IGrant
03-17-14, 08:19
Question about the M&P pistols...we got one in on a T&E when we were buying new guns 2 years ago...we had some serious problems with it and I was wondering if we just got a lemon or some beat up junk thats passed around to any department that requests one.
-The pin that holds the interchangeable grips on kept falling out while shooting. Falling out and landing on the floor...

We let each officer shoot a qual with it to get their impressions. Most stated they liked how it fet in the hand but couldn't trust it because of these problems. We bought glocks. Now we are being offered the option of buying something different for ourselves if we don't want to carry the glock and a lot of officers remember the M&P falling apart during testing. Are these commom problems? Just a lemon? This was a full size .40 cal.

Never seen any of that.

C4

C4IGrant
03-17-14, 08:19
Grant, are the new LE models in stock now?

Yes.

C4

cathellsk
03-20-14, 16:16
Ordered mine Monday, paid for the internal polishing so that delayed shipment till today, picking it up tomorrow. Thanks Grant!

RWH24
03-20-14, 17:02
Ordered mine Monday, paid for the internal polishing so that delayed shipment till today, picking it up tomorrow. Thanks Grant!
That's what I did. My first M&P 9 FS NIB. The 2 used ones sold me on a new one.

C4IGrant
03-21-14, 08:24

We did a ton of guns yesterday, but if I remember right, your trigger turned out very nice.

C4

Beat Trash
03-21-14, 08:33

Not 40, but 9mm. We just finished transitioning to our second M&P. Got almost 7 years out of the first ones.

The only issue we are seeing is with the magazines. The new baseplate design just sucks. The issue is if you drop a partially loaded magazine, there is a chance that the base plate will separate and spill the rounds, spring and follower out of the magazine tube.

Our guns were ordered with magazine safety's. We were told the new trigger upgrades are not compatible with magazine safeties. Still, I feel the stock triggers on the new unfired guns aren't that bad. Reset is not like a Glock, but I don't shoot to reset anyway.

The newer guns have a ever so slightly smaller magazine well size internally, or the new magazines are slightly fatter not sure which. I haven't found the time or the desire to measure both and compare with an older gun. The new issued magazines will drop free (most of the time). But if you take one of the older magazines with the shinny finish and use it in a new gun, it won't drop free. Take both a newer and older magazine and there are no issues with older guns.

Our older guns were some of the first 9mm M&P's produced, to give a reference of the age I am taking about.

My agency hasn't hired in over 6 years, so our staffing is way down from when we initially adopted the M&P. But this current issue is from a sample of about 960 guns/officers.

But even with the minor magazine issues, if I had to go out today and buy a 40 cal gun for a uniform duty weapon, it would be a M&P40...

cathellsk
03-21-14, 09:07
We did a ton of guns yesterday, but if I remember right, your trigger turned out very nice.

C4

Sweet! I'm so stoked to get my Taj Mahal I'm thinking of banging in tonight from work. I work evenings and won't be able to get it till tomorrow if not. :)

sua175
03-21-14, 09:29
Grant, I have a older MP9 FS that I bought in 2008 I think. It is a shitty hand gun, I have only fired about 300 rounds out of it but it has the accuracy of a 15th century hand canon and auto forwards every other mag change. The trigger is awful to say the least. If I sent you this gun could you replace all the parts needed and make this gun a decent combat gun? Or should I try and have SW replace it?

C4IGrant
03-21-14, 10:46
Grant, I have a older MP9 FS that I bought in 2008 I think. It is a shitty hand gun, I have only fired about 300 rounds out of it but it has the accuracy of a 15th century hand canon and auto forwards every other mag change. The trigger is awful to say the least. If I sent you this gun could you replace all the parts needed and make this gun a decent combat gun? Or should I try and have SW replace it?

We can, but suggest selling the gun and starting over as just about everything in your gun has changed (for the better).

C4

cathellsk
03-22-14, 10:41

C4

Right you are! I just picked it up from my dealer. The trigger is amazing compared to any M&Ps I've had in the past. Feels much more GLOCK-like with a strong reset. The polish job was well worth it too. The PVD finish gives it a parkerized instead of glossy look. I'm hitting the range tomorrow to see how accurate this thing is. Thanks Grant!

fivepointoh
03-22-14, 20:23
Think it's about time to send the creds in so I can get one of these. Grant has the best prices around by far. Glad to hear all the improvements are vastly noticeable.

C4IGrant
03-22-14, 20:45
Right you are! I just picked it up from my dealer. The trigger is amazing compared to any M&Ps I've had in the past. Feels much more GLOCK-like with a strong reset. The polish job was well worth it too. The PVD finish gives it a parkerized instead of glossy look. I'm hitting the range tomorrow to see how accurate this thing is. Thanks Grant!

Glad you like it.

C4

PatrioticDisorder
03-28-14, 09:07
Grant, is there any ETA when the newest version will be available to civvies?

C4IGrant
03-28-14, 09:24
Grant, is there any ETA when the newest version will be available to civvies?

The pistol in this post (151215) is LE only and I don't think it will make it to the commercial side. With that said, the 209301's we sell are identical to this pistol (less the NS's and the finish).

C4

Austin Millbarge
03-28-14, 15:40
Are the newer .45's any good?

C4IGrant
03-28-14, 15:46

They have always been pretty good IMHO.

C4

Wake27
04-03-14, 16:37
Placed my order yesterday. I've been considering an M&P for probably 2 years now as a potential replacement for my Glock. It is way easier to get one with good military pricing and they don't have the finger grooves or the thick trigger guard but do have a better grip angle. I'm excited to try one out, though I doubt I'll ever sell the one G19 that I have.

Nightstalker865
05-05-14, 21:23
Grant, do you have the new LE SKU compacts in stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WillBrink
05-10-14, 09:11
Might find the answer to this if I read all pages..., but what's the newest model designation for the M&P FS 9mm with upgrades/changes? One of the (very few) advantages to living in MA is we tend to get best S&W products/M&Ps sooner than most others. I used to have a direct bat phone to friend in S&W for deals, etc, but he's since retired.

C4IGrant
05-10-14, 09:19
Might find the answer to this if I read all pages..., but what's the newest model designation for the M&P FS 9mm with upgrades/changes? One of the (very few) advantages to living in MA is we tend to get best S&W products/M&Ps sooner than most others. I used to have a direct bat phone to friend in S&W for deals, etc, but he's since retired.

109251 is the MA compliant model. I have no idea how updated it is though.

Ideally, you would want to buy a 209301 from us (as we can guarantee it is the newest version), but that gun is illegal in your state.

C4

WillBrink
05-10-14, 10:07
109251 is the MA compliant model. I have no idea how updated it is though.

Ideally, you would want to buy a 209301 from us (as we can guarantee it is the newest version), but that gun is illegal in your state.

C4

Thanx for the intel

HES
05-10-14, 16:34

They have always been pretty good IMHO.

C4
Have there been any improvements made to the 45?

Quick sidebar, do you see any disadvantages to a 45 full-size vs. a midsized? It's main use will be as a hunting companion, not for general carry.

plouffedaddy
05-10-14, 18:52

Quick sidebar, do you see any disadvantages to a 45 full-size vs. a midsized? It's main use will be as a hunting companion, not for general carry.

I have a full size made at the end of 2013 and it doesn't have the good reset that my 9mm has which was made a month earlier.

KentuckyWindage
05-11-14, 20:00
Hey Grant any 209301 coming back in stock soon?

WillBrink
05-12-14, 08:51
What, if any differences, are there between SKU 206301 FS 9mm and latest? Or is that the latest for that model?

If you had the inclination and time, a write up of changes/improvement over time with the different SKU would be an interesting read and only make people want the latest all the more I bet. :cool:

jhr1986
05-12-14, 13:09
Not 40, but 9mm. We just finished transitioning to our second M&P. Got almost 7 years out of the first ones.

Any idea on the average round count on the first group that are being replaced?

And a question for Grant, what is the difference between the 209001 and 209301? I see on the S&W website that the descriptions for the sights are worded differently but they still sound (and look) like they are the same.

C4IGrant
05-12-14, 15:47

The 45's were always accurate. I have not checked in awhile to see if they got any of the other improvements.

I like the mid-framed gun the best.

C4

C4IGrant
05-12-14, 15:47
Hey Grant any 209301 coming back in stock soon?

Very soon (like this week we hope).

C4

C4IGrant
05-12-14, 15:49
What, if any differences, are there between SKU 206301 FS 9mm and latest? Or is that the latest for that model?

If you had the inclination and time, a write up of changes/improvement over time with the different SKU would be an interesting read and only make people want the latest all the more I bet. :cool:

That model has the TS. New ones should be GTG I think, but I have not purchased any of those in awhile to know for sure.

Typically speaking, the 209301 is going to get the latest upgrades.

C4

C4IGrant
05-12-14, 15:51
And a question for Grant, what is the difference between the 209001 and 209301? I see on the S&W website that the descriptions for the sights are worded differently but they still sound (and look) like they are the same.

The 209001 is a MD compliant gun.

C4

Trvlngnrs
06-05-14, 08:01
The 209001 is a MD compliant gun. C4

Grant, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know if 220074 has the upgrades. It's a 9c with the Crimson Trace? I have a 9c I purchased from you back in 2010, I'm thinking of selling and upgrading to this...

Trvlngnrs

C4IGrant
06-05-14, 08:04
Grant, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know if 220074 has the upgrades. It's a 9c with the Crimson Trace? I have a 9c I purchased from you back in 2010, I'm thinking of selling and upgrading to this...

Trvlngnrs

It should, but I am always hesitant to answer yes when the pistols don't come from me.

C4

Trvlngnrs
06-05-14, 13:12
It should, but I am always hesitant to answer yes when the pistols don't come from me.

C4

I understand. Thnks for the info!

I look forward to doing business with you for a full size. I'm thinking of transitioning from Glocks if the gun has improved as much as everyone is saying!

Trvlngnrs

ST911
09-15-14, 20:24
Several of these 151215's are now under my wingspan, recent production, and are as reported by Grant earlier in the thread. I won't start another thread on them, but will offer out any answers to current questions and attributes you all may have.

High time gun is now at 500rds. Headed for 1k pretty shortly.

Beat Trash
09-15-14, 20:53
How does the PVD finish compare to the Melonite finished guns as it relates to wear?

I've been lead to believe that the finish is the same as on the FDE VTAC guns, and that it's not as durable as Melonite as it relates to holster wear.

Currently I can purchase the 151215 for $50.00 less than the same LE package gun with Melonite. If the finishes are comparable, then I'd be happy to save the $50.00.

C4IGrant
09-16-14, 08:38
How does the PVD finish compare to the Melonite finished guns as it relates to wear?

I've been lead to believe that the finish is the same as on the FDE VTAC guns, and that it's not as durable as Melonite as it relates to holster wear.

Currently I can purchase the 151215 for $50.00 less than the same LE package gun with Melonite. If the finishes are comparable, then I'd be happy to save the $50.00.

Greater rust resistance.

C4

Beat Trash
09-16-14, 12:03
As in the new PVD finish has greater rust resistance?

C4IGrant
09-17-14, 12:44
As in the new PVD finish has greater rust resistance?

Yes.

C4

Beat Trash
09-17-14, 13:33
Thanks.

MStarmer
09-19-14, 19:29
Why did I click this... I just bought a PPQ but now want this one too... Ugh

Figure4LegLokk
09-20-14, 05:53
Guess I can now upgrade my 08 m&p9c with a new barrel and mag release and then MAYBE it will be as accurate as my stock g19. I already upgraded the striker, SHB, trigger bar, sights and added apex tactical's AEK trigger, hard sear, striker block and RAM. At this point there is no turning back but I learned my lesson with S&W. C4IGrant do you happen to have any new m&p9c barrels laying around for sell?

mkmckinley
09-21-14, 19:01
So fully acknowledging that I'm about to become "that guy": Skintop911, how does the accuracy of your 151215 M&Ps compare to other recent M&Ps that you've had fist hand experience with? How about older models? I say this as someone with a 2009 vintage M&P with very good accuracy. I'm just wondering if maybe skipping the salt bath nitride or extra QC or something has affected the average accuracy of the platform.

ST911
09-21-14, 19:33
I haven't played with these new ones much yet and have no data, esp bulls at distance. I'll post up when I do.

C4IGrant
09-22-14, 06:50
Guess I can now upgrade my 08 m&p9c with a new barrel and mag release and then MAYBE it will be as accurate as my stock g19. I already upgraded the striker, SHB, trigger bar, sights and added apex tactical's AEK trigger, hard sear, striker block and RAM. At this point there is no turning back but I learned my lesson with S&W. C4IGrant do you happen to have any new m&p9c barrels laying around for sell?

We currently do not stock the compact barrels.

C4

C4IGrant
09-22-14, 06:51
So fully acknowledging that I'm about to become "that guy": Skintop911, how does the accuracy of your 151215 M&Ps compare to other recent M&Ps that you've had fist hand experience with? How about older models? I say this as someone with a 2009 vintage M&P with very good accuracy. I'm just wondering if maybe skipping the salt bath nitride or extra QC or something has affected the average accuracy of the platform.

No finish affects accuracy that much .

C4

andre3k
09-22-14, 11:04
My partner at work carries an M&P 40 and I have considered getting one as well but the frames tend to turn a dull gray from long term exposure to UV rays. The backstraps remain black but the frame itself shows the holster outline. We are motor units and outside all shift. Has anyone else seen this before?

jedi391
01-03-15, 11:20
I haven't played with these new ones much yet and have no data, esp bulls at distance. I'll post up when I do.

Have you had a chance to see what kind of accuracy these new guns put out at 25 yards?

RWH24
01-03-15, 19:39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Lo2qpvu5k

Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm LE Full Size Pistol Review (HD)

ST911
01-03-15, 21:33
Have you had a chance to see what kind of accuracy these new guns put out at 25 yards?

Not yet, sorry.

plouffedaddy
01-04-15, 06:49
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Lo2qpvu5k

Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm LE Full Size Pistol Review (HD)

Thanks.

Embedded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Lo2qpvu5k

m4brian
01-05-15, 18:39
Interesting thing I observed lately with my 2 2012 MPs with the OLD barrel. I was shooting one which has a LOOSER barrel fit and it SEEMED to stay with my G19 and Canik C-100 last month on the range at 12 yards with 115gr. This past week I went to 124gr rounds and at 12 yards, the groups were spreading into patterns. So... took it home and swapped the barrel with my OTHER MP9. It turns out that both old barrels were reasonably tight in ONE of my MPs but both were looser in the other. BL: One of my slides has a larger opening for the hood than the other - out of spec? Maybe.

I think the accuracy issue is mostly with the variation in the slides, not twist per se. Hope it is better now. I HAVE handled some at LGSs and none seem lose. I found one MP9 at a GM and it had a barrel slide fit Walther or HK would be proud of...

sasage
01-06-15, 07:26
Is the 309301 same as the 209301 but with an extra mag?

Debating on 309301 vs 151215

Beat Trash
01-06-15, 09:32
I picked one of these up last week. I took it out along with another M&P9 I had and bench rested them at 25 yds. I only managed to fire a couple of 5 rd groups through the new gun (151215) with the PVD finish. I was getting groups in the 3" range. But I only had some WW 115 gr FMJ, WW 147 gr TMJ and WW 147 gr JHP. I also was having a hard time with the trigger. It's a good trigger but with a heavier weight pull than I am used to with my Apex modified guns.

What I did not see in the short time I shot this particular gun at 25 yards is large patterns vs. groups. I do know that I was not at my best with this particular gun on that particular day. And yet, I can live with 3" at 25 yards if it was the best I could do, considering the intended usage for this pistol.

The point I am making is that I really do not have any concerns about the mechanical accuracy of this particular pistol.

I plan on dry firing this gun a bit more to see what happens to the trigger pull before I consider installing an Apex sear.

The dull finish was amazingly dull from the factory. I wiped the outside of the slide with an oily patch, let it sit for a moment, then wiped the slide off. Kind of like I used to do when I carried blued revolvers and 1911's. The dull finish looks much better, not that it really matters.

I bought this pistol over the other LE package with night sights because LE cost was $50.00 cheaper, and the only difference seems to be the finish.

If I were in the market for another M&P9, I'd buy another one of these new PVD finished guns for the price (SKU 151215).