PDA

View Full Version : Price Check...HK P9S

Father of 3
03-12-14, 19:18
I have a friend wanting to sell me an HK P9S in 9mm. Seems to be in great condition, low round count, one mag, all for $650. Now I really have no desire to own this gun but could I potentially buy it and flip it for a profit at that price point?

Mr. Greene
03-12-14, 20:15
At $650 I would be all over it as long as it's not a beater

SiGfever
03-12-14, 22:07
At $650 have a girlfriend also give him a kiss.

Father of 3
03-13-14, 06:15
What's it actually worth though?

Joe R.
03-13-14, 11:03
The short answer is what someone's willing to pay. The long answer is, it depends on condition, does it have the original box and manual, how many mags? I have seen them listed recently for anywhere from $800-$1400.

The Dumb Gun Collector
03-13-14, 18:21
Does it have 3rd party import marks or does it appear to be an HK import? There are TONS of police trade in P9s on the market and have been for a long time. Most are in great shape, some are beat to hell. If it is a real H&K import it is easily worth that money and more.

Father of 3
03-14-14, 11:28
Could you elaborate on the import markings? What would they look like and where would they likely be located?

SiGfever
03-14-14, 13:15
Here is a little info, but you will get more information at http://www.hkpro.com/forum/

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/de/hk-p9s-e.html

gunnut284
03-15-14, 21:50
I had one of the police trade ins from a few years back. It worked well and was very accurate but had some finish wear. I paid around $500 for it and sold it for around the same after a couple years. It was nice but big for an 8rd 9mm and mags/parts were a concern. $650 seems pretty fair for and average 9mm version but it's not a "must buy deal" IMO. The .45 version do seem to command a higher premium.

halo2304
03-17-14, 11:58
A word of caution on the P9s: Check 1) the frame near the buffer for micro fractures and 2) the condition of the safety. I would add checking he buffer itself, but it should probably be replaced anyway. I list the safety because if the gun has been dry fired a ton with the safety on or the safety was used instead of the proper decocking proper, if can be peened down to where the safety no longer protects the firing pin from being struck.

I mention the frame near the buffer housing because if the buffer is bad, the frame can crack in that spot from the beating it takes. Ask me how I know. One of mine needs to be repaired in that spot on both sides of the gun. HK USA does not do repairs on these old guns and so I, and anyone else in a similar boat, are left to our own devices.

Don't let any of his dissuade you from buying it unless the frame is cracked. It's such an awesome gun that's super accurate and very unique. It's probably my favorite HK gun, slightly edging out the P7. It also makes for a great suppressor host if you're willing to buy an extra barrel or have the current barrel machined for a bushing similar to a P22.