PDA

View Full Version : 6061 mil spec receiver extension?

ShermanM4
03-13-14, 11:07
Here is a conversation I had with PSA conserving on of there lower rifle kits:

Hello,

The 6061 is still Mil Spec, just a different grade of aluminum. The 7075 T6 comes with our premium LBK.

V/R

Spencer
Customer Service
Palmetto State Armory
200 Business Park Blvd
Columbia, SC 29203
(803)724-6950

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:00am
To: "info@palmettostatearmory.com" <info@palmettostatearmory.com>
Subject: Re: Lower parts kit questio

Thank you. I would suggest you change this description to avoid confusion. "Mil-spec" is 7075 T6 not 6061.

On Mar 11, 2014, at 18:38, info@palmettostatearmory.com wrote:

Hello and thank you for your email! The buffer tube included with this kit is 6061.

Thank you!

Paul H
Customer Service
Palmetto State Armory
200 Business Park Blvd
Columbia, SC 29203
(803)788-9095

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2014 4:33pm
To: "info@palmettostatearmory.com" <info@palmettostatearmory.com>
Subject: Lower parts kit question

On this LPK is the buffer tube 7075 T6?
Thanks.

Palmetto State Armory Magpul MOE Lower Build Kit - Black
Email to a Friend
1 REVIEW(S) | ADD YOUR REVIEW
Regular Price: $179.99
Special Price $119.99
Availability: In stock
Qty:ADD TO CARTOR
ADD TO COMPARE
QUICK OVERVIEW
Includes Mil-Spec MOE Stock, MOE grip, MOE Trigger Guard, Palmetto State Armory Classic Lower Parts Kit and Mil-Spec buffer tube assembly. Everything you need to finish your stripped lower!

Click on image to zoom
MORE VIEWS

Includes Mil-Spec MOE Stock, MOE grip, MOE Trigger Guard, Palmetto State Armory Classic Lower Parts Kit and Mil-Spec buffer tube assembly. Everything you need to finish your stripped lower!
Sent from my iPhone

3 AE
03-13-14, 11:35
I'm amused that manufacturers/vendors will consider a part "mil-spec" when it meets the spec only in dimensions, and not even come close as far as material specs and QC. With the age of the internet and other sources available to the consumer, this forum for example, don't they think people will eventually catch on? Good on you to suggest PSA clarify their misleading ad.

quaesitor logica
03-13-14, 13:46
Quick Overview

http://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/269x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/q/m/qms_lbk.jpg
Palmetto State Armory Magpul MOE Lower Build Kit - Black, ALG QMS Trigger
Includes:
Mil-Spec MOE Stock
MOE grip
MOE Trigger Guard
PSA MOE Lower Parts Kit with QMS Trigger
Mil-Spec diameter buffer tube assembly

http://palmettostatearmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/269x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/l/classic_kit_3.jpg
PSA Classic Premium M4 Stock Kit Black

Quick Overview

This PSA stock kit includes an M4 stock, 6-position 7075 T6 milspec diameter buffer tube, buffer spring, Carbine buffer, latch plate, and castle nut.

Where are you confused? I take that back you dont seem confused at all. In fact you did what any customer should be doing when they are not clear on what they are buying, you did not assume so good on you. They are clearly listed to me. I agree that they could be more detailed and include the 6061 in the other description but I dont see any false advertising.

ShermanM4
03-13-14, 15:30
The LPK I was refering to... There is no mention of "Mil-Spec diameter". Only "Mil-Spec buffer tube assembly".

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/moe-lower-build-kit-black.html

Here was my resonse:

6061 is not "mil-spec" receiver extension material... 7076 T6 is. If you could at least specify what type of aluminum is used with your receiver extensions, it would eliminate ALL confusion.

You specify with your other receivers "mil-spec diameter" but in this description it's just stated "mil-spec" so most would assume FULL mil spec, not just diameter.

Thank you.

Their response:

I'm tracking. You're right. That specification would clarify confusion.

V/R

Spencer

So hopefully they will fix this and get it right from now on. I live PSA and I buy quite a bit from them, but little stuff pisses me off.

C4IGrant
03-13-14, 15:34
Many companies (like BM for instance) use the term "Mil-Spec" to simply infer that the parts will work with other USGI parts. This term has no bearing on the parts quality.

For me, they are leaving the consumer to try and figure out if it is a quality item or not. Unfortunately, most AR buyers are not knowledgeable to ask.

C4

BufordTJustice
03-13-14, 16:16
Many companies (like BM for instance) use the term "Mil-Spec" to simply infer that the parts will work with other USGI parts. This term has no bearing on the parts quality.

For me, they are leaving the consumer to try and figure out if it is a quality item or not. Unfortunately, most AR buyers are not knowledgeable to ask.

C4

Exactly. A less confusing description would be that the part confirms to mil spec dimensions in critical areas, so it SHOULD be compatible with most other 'mil spec' products.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

C4IGrant
03-13-14, 16:22
Exactly. A less confusing description would be that the part confirms to mil spec dimensions in critical areas, so it SHOULD be compatible with most other 'mil spec' products.

Right. The description would have CLEARLY listed that it was 6061 and that it will work with Mil-Spec spec'd stocks.

Then the consumer could decide if that meets their needs.

As I have stated on this forum for a very long, manufacturers that go through the hassle of producing a quality product, are going to "scream it from the roof tops!"

Example to this would be how BCM lists their's.

C4

BufordTJustice
03-13-14, 16:27
Right. The description would have CLEARLY listed that it was 6061 and that it will work with Mil-Spec spec'd stocks.

Then the consumer could decide if that meets their needs.

As I have stated on this forum for a very long, manufacturers that go through the hassle of producing a quality product, are going to "scream it from the roof tops!"

Example to this would be how BCM lists their's.

C4

The hassle AND the expense.

quaesitor logica
03-13-14, 18:59
The LPK I was refering to... There is no mention of "Mil-Spec diameter". Only "Mil-Spec buffer tube assembly".

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/moe-lower-build-kit-black.html

Here was my resonse:

Their response:

So hopefully they will fix this and get it right from now on. I live PSA and I buy quite a bit from them, but little stuff pisses me off.

I hope they add 6061 to the description also. I have never unknowingly bought a 6061 tube from them and people like yourself know enough to ask about something that isn't clear. This small change would eliminate those people who hit the "buy"button without doing their due diligence.