PDA

View Full Version : Russian counter terrorist drills

rapomstage3
03-16-14, 07:01
I'm not sure if anyone's seen this but I thought this was nuts. Video is mr. Vickers tac tv.
http://youtu.be/rI01qKAqYts

Sensei
03-16-14, 07:40
I counted at least 1 ND in the second drill where the operator put his finger on the trigger a sent one into the ground.

SpeedRacer
03-16-14, 08:20
I counted at least 1 ND in the second drill where the operator put his finger on the trigger a sent one into the ground.

I thought the same, but he does the same thing at least one more time I saw. Dare I say he does it...on purpose? Is that the "iron curtain" they keep talking about?

rapomstage3
03-16-14, 08:29
I agree. I think it's somehow part of the drill to get people out of the way.

Ryno12
03-16-14, 09:06
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?141964-Russian-handgun-training-on-tac-tv

Sent via Tapatalk

Big A
03-16-14, 09:19

From what I understand that is supposed to be a distraction technique done completely on purpose.

I think Mr. Vickers addressed it in the other thread a while back.

WillBrink
03-16-14, 13:09
I'm not sure if anyone's seen this but I thought this was nuts. Video is mr. Vickers tac tv.
http://youtu.be/rI01qKAqYts

A "confidence building drill." Wow.

I'm unable to fully process what I just watched. Balls of steel, crazy, dangerous, balls of steel and crazy, and other thoughts pinging around in my head.

thopkins22
03-16-14, 13:14
Deep down I think it's impressive that the guy who was shot in the chest didn't shoot his attacker instead of the cardboard. Insane.

Sensei
03-16-14, 16:48
From what I understand that is supposed to be a distraction technique done completely on purpose.

I bet it seems like a good idea until you catch a ricochet or bullet fragment in the testicles.

Big A
03-16-14, 17:09
I bet it seems like a good idea until you catch a ricochet or bullet fragment in the testicles.

Certainly isn't something I'd be ballsy enough to do...

philcam
03-16-14, 17:43
I wonder how long they have been using Strike One pistols and how reliable they have been?

WillBrink
03-16-14, 19:16

Is that a technique unique to the Russian SOF? Never seen that before.

Big A
03-16-14, 20:03
Is that a technique unique to the Russian SOF? Never seen that before.

I assume so. Maybe unique to that particular operator. If you watch the vid in the link Ryno 12 posted the one in slow motion seems intentional as opposed to negligent.

From the other thread:

per LAV it was intentional. crowd control warning shot.

to our stateside guys... a little birdie told me that the alfa guys in that video are reading this forum and very likely this thread.

be nice. :cool:

привет :happy:

Mjolnir
03-16-14, 21:33
They are HARD guys. I'd not willfully go out of my way to play rough with them. But then that applies to everyone's Special Operations Forces.

Initially, I thought they might be using Glock 17s.

Thanks for the video.

-------------------------------------
"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

T2C
03-16-14, 21:36
I liked what I saw. It is a practical way to train personnel with advanced skills to minimize innocent casualties and maximize unfriendly casualties while working under stress. It definitely reinforces confidence and trust.

This training should be strictly for men who do this kind of work. Hopefully someone who runs a school that trains civilians won't try this.

thopkins22
03-16-14, 23:28
This training should be strictly for men who do this kind of work. Hopefully someone who runs a school that trains civilians won't try this.

I doubt anybody on the civilians side is that brazen. Even things like the snake drill get most instructors shaky in the knees. These are the Russian equivalents of guys like Pat Mac, Paul Howe, Larry Vickers, Kyle Lamb, and so forth...hard men. I'd probably volunteer to stand downrange with them shooting too...you're no doubt safer downrange on their good side than you are miles away on their bad side.

CodeRed30
03-17-14, 01:18
Looks like ADE really DOES train SOF!!

:sarcastic: