PDA

View Full Version : My little friend

Primersinmyshoe
05-24-08, 22:13
This is my Kitty Kat and Anvil Arms creation. It's been 100% reliable and holds a fist size group at 25 yards with surplus ammo (haven't tried it with good ammo yet). It's just a blast to shoot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/primersinmyshoe/DSCN3814.jpg

LonghunterCO
05-25-08, 10:45
Ace buffer tube assembly? If so does that take the standard CAR recoil spring and buffer?

Nice blaster.

Primersinmyshoe
05-25-08, 11:27
Ace buffer tube assembly? If so does that take the standard CAR recoil spring and buffer?

Nice blaster.

Yep, Ace tube, with Heavy buffer.

Sancman
06-22-08, 19:43
What kind of can is that?

Nice real nice, now I want one!:mad:

Primersinmyshoe
06-22-08, 20:00
What kind of can is that?

That's the Noveske KX3 flash hider.

Sancman
06-22-08, 23:02
Why that type of flash hider , rather than the conventional flash hider?

Does it reduce the "flash signature" that well to spend that kind of money?

Am looking for something like that to put on the AR pistol I am planning on getting together.
Thanks for any info you can give this newbie.....:D

exitinyourhead
06-23-08, 00:51
The KX3 isn't exactly an effective flash hider (it actually might make things worse) and it's not a can either. What this thing actually does is redirect the sound downrange and away from the shooter. More importantly it adds backpressure to aid with the gas operation of the weapon. It's probably not as effective on a full size 16 inch cabrine but on something 10.5 or smaller it can really help add some of the back pressure that was taken away with those extra inches of barrel.

So, while being heavy and making flash somewhat worse for the shooter, the heavy and expensive KX3 can help with sound direction and weapon reliabilty with shorter barrel lengths.