PDA

View Full Version : NIB BCG

TXinfidel
03-17-14, 01:00
About to piece together a BCM MID ELW 16" with Keymod13 from Grant and am going to stick a NIB Carrier and bolt in it. Whos NIB carrier would you guys stick in this? Looking for the closest to spec, and standard weight, will be paired with H Buffer.

Toddler
03-17-14, 03:33
WMD or Rainer Arms.

TacticalSledgehammer
03-17-14, 03:37
I've had good luck with Spike's

sua175
03-17-14, 08:23
I own two from WMD. They are good to go

Tire
03-17-14, 09:25
Spikes WND.
Just stay away from ICE stuff.

_Stormin_
03-17-14, 09:31
I have one from WMD that's been brilliant. You may also want to consider the new Micro Slick BCM BCG from Grant as well.

ColtSeavers
03-17-14, 09:34
Rainier Arms precision match BCGs are what I use and have been extremely pleased with.

Biggy
03-17-14, 12:57
http://www.madcustomcoating.com/microslick/

Brahmzy
03-17-14, 13:27
http://www.madcustomcoating.com/microslick/

From their website:

- Customers with Nickel Boron (NiB) BCGs still use oil for their BCG to function well.
- We recommend putting a very light coat of oil on the BCG for the first 60 rounds. Then wipe off all the oil and you never have to use oil again. The best part about not having to use oil is that your BCG runs much cleaner (ideal for use with a suppressor).

Anybody run this Microslick stuff? They say NiB will crack, flake and peel. Tens of thousands of rounds across many NiB BCGs and I've experienced nothing of the sort. They seem to make some claims that have a bit of marketing spin on them. Not saying the NiB guys don't do the same, but I'd like to see this stuff for myself.

BOSAR15
03-17-14, 13:31
Spikes are good. I also have had good luck with Rubber City Armory black nitride ones

GH41
03-17-14, 16:22
From their website:

- Customers with Nickel Boron (NiB) BCGs still use oil for their BCG to function well.
- We recommend putting a very light coat of oil on the BCG for the first 60 rounds. Then wipe off all the oil and you never have to use oil again. The best part about not having to use oil is that your BCG runs much cleaner (ideal for use with a suppressor).

Anybody run this Microslick stuff? They say NiB will crack, flake and peel. Tens of thousands of rounds across many NiB BCGs and I've experienced nothing of the sort. They seem to make some claims that have a bit of marketing spin on them. Not saying the NiB guys don't do the same, but I'd like to see this stuff for myself.

Somebody show me a Microslicked bolt after firing a couple hundred rounds. I'll bet there is a reason the finish is steel grey colored. GH

kelvrick
03-17-14, 16:36
Aim Surplus has two versions that go in and out of stock. $100 for the cheaper version, $130 for the better version.

TXinfidel
03-17-14, 21:41
Well, I am in luck, called my dealer the order is going to and they have the WMD in stock and was 15%off. Score.

Dave L.
03-18-14, 09:10
WMD M16.

I do change out the extractor with an uncoated BCM extractor because the coated extractors seem to have a dulled edge. Could be paranoia, but it makes me feel better.

ibmikey
03-19-14, 08:14
Rainier and lube...

WS6
03-19-14, 08:27
I've played with QPQ, Chrome, and Phosphate. Have not played with NiB. The microscopic structure of NiB is not something I am fond of. I honestly found a quality phosphate BCG + FIREClean to be the best solution. All of the others are suspect for dimensional accuracy and tolerances as well as metallurgy.

Remember, the mil-spec BCG won the PiP conducted recently...in reliability, performance, AND cost. PiP was cancelled early it was so resounding. LWRC and LMT among others entered, IIRC.