PDA

View Full Version : yah or new to remove glock finger grooves

bates
03-17-14, 09:56
Going to get some grip work done on my glocks soon.

Is it worth it to get the finger grooves removed?

Renegade
03-17-14, 10:26
Going to get some grip work done on my glocks soon.

Is it worth it to get the finger grooves removed?

Do your fingers fit in the grooves or not?

teutonicpolymer
03-17-14, 13:20
what I wish Glock did was include only the top finger groove

kevN
03-17-14, 13:25
I definately am in the remove camp as without them I can get a much firmer grip. With them on there they kind of force my fingers apart in an awkward way. I really didn't know how bad they were until I had them removed from one of my guns & it made a big difference.

jesuvuah
03-17-14, 14:05
I prefer removed, but it is going to be a personal decision

trinydex
03-17-14, 14:09
what I wish Glock did was include only the top finger groove

or remove them entirely... although the top one groove would be better than splitting my grip at the bottom.

t1tan
03-17-14, 15:38
Started off with a 19 but was never happy with how the grooves felt and went to a 17 which seemed to fit better but preferred the size of the 19. So for me it depends on which model, I ditched the 17 and plan to pick up another 19 when/if the Sentinel mag well comes out and have the grooves removed and textured, etc.

Abraham
03-17-14, 15:54
To each his own.

I like the grooves on my Gen 3 G19.

I installed a Hogue Handall rubber grip and it seemed to be a great improvement for just a few bucks.

SpecWired
03-17-14, 16:43
My finger grooves are intact and being in contact with more surface area seems to keep my G19 in my hand better.

Bpc9876
03-17-14, 17:49
Personally I like them and they work for me especially on my G19 but I don't have gorilla hands. I think the question has already been asked...do they fit your hand? If so, then I would pass

Hammer27
03-17-14, 20:31
I did all the work on my Glock, it's not very hard.
All I did was stipple the frame where my support thumb goes, slightly under cut the trigger guard, and very slightly reduce then stipple the raised finger groove segments.

Schmidtty
03-18-14, 08:46
It's your pistol, shave them if you want.

Compacts fit ME just fine. Full size pistols normally get the humps shaved. It's all about the spacing. Some fit, some don't. It's up to you.

DIRTMAN556
03-19-14, 21:54
Definite yes! Its the very first thing I did to my 19.

Savior 6
03-19-14, 22:30
bates Get ahold of a Gen2 or someone else's removal/stippling work and see if it benefits you. If so, start up that dremel or file.

okie john
03-20-14, 09:47
I tried both versions on a timer over several hundred rounds, and I shoot a bit faster with the grooves, so I prefer them. But I'm definitely in the minority.

Okie John

TurretGunner
03-21-14, 08:13
The groves help with grip. That is why there were put on there.

Shooting while your hands are sweaty, wet or covered in blood, makes you appreciate the groves. They are more surface area to hold onto and reduce the gun slipping verticaly from your hands.

The problem with the grip is it is not aggresive enough. Even using the tape kits, they are not perfect. Without a good stippling job, you can have issues shooting with wet/bloody hands.

TMS951
03-21-14, 08:18
The grooves fit my fingers perfectly!, I say keep them! ....but wait that doesn't actually matter here, how do they fit your hand?

hatidua
03-21-14, 11:08
The grooves fit my fingers perfectly!, I say keep them! ....but wait that doesn't actually matter here, how do they fit your hand?

Well stated :)

Apricotshot
03-21-14, 11:19
Asking that is a , no offense, stupid question. If it fits your hand keep them. If not remove them. No one here has your hands to tell you different.

tmanker
03-21-14, 17:37
Asking that is a , no offense, stupid question. If it fits your hand keep them. If not remove them. No one here has your hands to tell you different.

This question comes up all the time. Funny thing is the question is totally subjective. How can anyone else tell you what you should do?

NCPatrolAR
03-21-14, 18:45
Totally your call. I took them off my gen 3 19 but kept them on everything else

Psalms144.1
03-23-14, 09:15
My fingers don't fit the standard "grooves" on G19/23 sized pistols, and so I dremel and file them away on my pistols (or, if I was sending mine off for work, I'd have them removed). On the G17/22 frame, they don't seem to bother me, so it would be a matter of consistency to remove them.

Bottom line - if YOUR hand doesn't "fit" with the grooves, have them removed. It can't cost that much extra, compared to the cost of a grip reduction and stippling!