PDA

View Full Version : Con man/scam artist/POS Kevin Trudeau gets his due

WillBrink
03-18-14, 19:40
Finally. Took forever, but con man Kevin Trudeau - who has done more damage to the alternative med/health/fitness community than most could possible appreciate - gets 10 years in jail. I'm sure some of you remember this guy.

For some background should you not know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN5ihrECJms

TV pitchman Kevin Trudeau gets 10-year prison sentence

As he imposed the sentence prosecutors had requested, U.S. District Judge Ronald Guzman portrayed the 50-year-old Trudeau as a habitual fraudster going back to his early adulthood. So brazen was Trudeau, the judge said, he once even used his own mother's Social Security number in a scheme.

"Since his 20s, he has steadfastly attempted to cheat others for his own gain," Guzman said, adding that Trudeau is "deceitful to the very core."

Trudeau, whose trademark dyed black hair turned partially gray as he awaited sentencing in jail, showed little emotion as the stiff sentence was handed down at the hearing in Chicago.

Addressing the judge earlier in a 10-minute statement, Trudeau apologized and said he's become a changed man. He said he's meditated, prayed and read self-help books while locked up at Chicago's Metropolitan Correctional Center.

Cont:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news%2Fnational_world&id=9469395

Eurodriver
03-18-14, 19:47
You mean, he didn't read "10 facts the judicial system doesn't want you to know"??

WillBrink
03-19-14, 08:58
You mean, he didn't read "10 facts the judicial system doesn't want you to know"??

Apparently not.

Doc Safari
03-19-14, 09:13
I actually ordered one of his books once just to judge for myself if he's a scammer or not. Suffice it to say the man cannot write a single coherent sentence that doesn't ramble, and "his" ideas are clearly cobbled from other sources and then bastardized into his pet theory. I could not read more than five pages of one of his books without giving up.

brickboy240
03-19-14, 10:06
Is this the guy that started all of those magnetic bracelets you see people wearing? The ones that are supposed to ward off infection and cure inflammation and give you energy because of the magnet you are wearing? Or how about those crystal pendants that claim to cure you or ward off disease? LOL

Most of that homeo-pathic stuff is probably crap anyways. This guy should have gone to jail much earlier.

-brickboy240

WillBrink
03-19-14, 12:49
Is this the guy that started all of those magnetic bracelets you see people wearing? The ones that are supposed to ward off infection and cure inflammation and give you energy because of the magnet you are wearing? Or how about those crystal pendants that claim to cure you or ward off disease? LOL

Most of that homeo-pathic stuff is probably crap anyways. This guy should have gone to jail much earlier.

-brickboy240

Among all kinds of other nonsense, yes:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/22/AR2005102201272.html

brickboy240
03-19-14, 13:18
I though that was the guy....total snake oil salesman.

Yes...this guy and the morons that give us things like the Shake Weight ought to be taken out and tarred and feathered.

-brickboy240

WillBrink
03-19-14, 13:38
I though that was the guy....total snake oil salesman.

Yes...this guy and the morons that give us things like the Shake Weight ought to be taken out and tarred and feathered.

-brickboy240

I still think the people who came up with the Shake Weight had a sense of humor and it was intended as a gag gift that went nuts. :cool:

Vast majority of such products/people just annoy being par or the course in such an industry, and knowing the bad comes with the good, etc,, etc

Some however I genuinely dislike on a personal level as they are pathological POS and dangerous and do direct harm to the legit alternative med/health/fitness industry and practitioners. KT is such a person.

Sadly, you know he wont serve anywhere near that time, and will write another book as martyr the minutes he gets out.

The_War_Wagon
03-19-14, 14:08
Thing is, I was flipping channels yesterday morning - the morning AFTER his conviction - and there was one of his infomercials still running on! I died laughing! :lol: