PDA

View Full Version : Need input about my first AR build.

ByGodTx
03-18-14, 23:42
I looking to build my first AR platform. The following is the research I have do so far. Suggestions and input will be greatly appreciated:
Barrel: 16" stainless barrel..Ranier Arms 1x8 twist..mid length gas sytem.
Upper reciever: Aero Precision: M4 feed ramps..with upper parts kit.
Lower reciever: Aero Precision: lower parts kit with trigger.
Mil-spec buffer tube..carbine length buffer spring..and a heavy carbine buffer.
Low profile gas block..Rainier barrel with the match grade gas block.

Thanks

TBL467
03-19-14, 03:18
I have used an Aero lower for a build worked very well and fit seamlessly to a BCM upper. Since I built it mid-panic for the wife, I used what parts i could get a hold of and used a Palmetto State LPK. Definitely needs a better trigger, though.

Not a fan of stainless, but it has its uses. I generally would go for LW or gov't profile mid-lengths, but most of that is personal preference as much of my rifle's use is HD or duty.

Khackee
03-19-14, 03:59
I've built two carbines using AP lowers. They work & fit tightly on every upper I have.
Do a bunch of searches here for what you are specifically looking for. There is so much good information & experience here it boggles my mind.

scooter22
03-19-14, 04:08
I don't know anything about Aero LPK's. I would suggest looking for a DD LPK or one from G&R Tactical.

Is this your first AR? One and only?

Why did you choose a SS barrel?

Which BCG do you plan on using?

carolvs
03-19-14, 04:19
Cart before horse. What are you using it for?

Judicator
03-19-14, 04:23
If this is a match rifle then stainless is a good choice. Range rifle.. Not so much. Stainless burns out quickly don't know the round count tho.

Sent from my IPhone, please ignore spelling mistakes. Siri is dumb.