PDA

View Full Version : SP1 Carbine Question

XxMerlinxX
03-19-14, 14:46
A friend of mine has an SP1 Carbine that, according to the serial, was one of the first made during 1977. I was under the impression that it should have a smooth mag release, while he believes they all came with the round textured mag release. Can anyone shed some light on this? Also, he's concerned that he can't find NN markings on his stock, which I'm not familiar with.

XxMerlinxX
03-21-14, 14:55
Anyone....? Bueller....?

stoner25mkiv
03-30-14, 16:24
mag release would have the circular lines. Colt never used smooth........progression was horizontal lines, many circles, and now the more course circular.
The N1 may be very hard to see as the vinyl acetate could have all but covered it up. He may have to remove the latch to be able to see them.....and they are on the left side I believe. (not at home to confirm mine)

scottryan
03-31-14, 19:29
The NN 1 marking or NN 2 marking is on the right side.

stoner25mkiv
03-31-14, 23:40
The NN 1 marking or NN 2 marking is on the right side.

......and Scott is correct. I just checked 3 of mine, and on 2 of them if you didn't know that the N1 was there you probably would NEVER notice it.......and that was with the lever off of the stock. My newest one, on an '82 Sp1 is the most visible and is an N2