PDA

View Full Version : J-Frame Lock removal Plugs

steyrman13
03-19-14, 16:30
I searched for answers and while I found threads that were older but were actually oriented more about the differences and failures etc., several people spoke of removing the entire lock system, several of removing the nub on the locking Flag, and several of just removing the flag. Of the ones thaty removed just the nub from the flag, some still experienced a locking failure due to the flag jamming the hammer. I do not see a benefit to removing more than just the flag. Removing the rest of the lock to add the plug that the guy on S&W forums makes still leaves those parts in the frame and the plug replaces the cam/lock, which is basically the same thing. I really would rsther just remove the flag and find a way to plug the hole that the flag pivot point hole near the rear of the frame leaves. Although I understand this hole is small and really wouldn't allow any more dust dirt than the other places like the trigger, cam lock etc allow. Does anyone know of a plug for the hole I am speaking of?

NCMedic
03-19-14, 16:55
I believe this is the hole you are referencing?
I removed all the lock parts and used one of the plugs from the S&W forum guy. I have had no issues with debris getting in

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/20/ze6yseda.jpg

Sent from this using that.....

steyrman13
03-19-14, 17:02
I believe this is the hole you are referencing?
I removed all the lock parts and used one of the plugs from the S&W forum guy. I have had no issues with debris getting in

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/20/ze6yseda.jpg

That's the hole! :haha::lol:
Was there any reason you chose the plug over just removing the flag? I don't really see a benefit to it. The lock (part the key turns) is basically just a plug once you remove the flag part right? I actually though about removing both the flag and the entire lock, fork and spring and then designing a plug that plugs into the lock hole and the flag hole as one piece or just getting the right size rubber grommet for both holes

NCMedic
03-19-14, 17:55
No specific reason, just how I went to about it.