PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Combat enters the World of BERETTA

wilsoncombatrep
03-19-14, 19:01
In addition to all we do with 1911's, Scatterguns and AR's, I'm here to make it official that Wilson Combat is entering the custom Beretta handgun world with a list of part, accessories, and custom work available on the 90 series pistols. Here is link to our BERETTA section.....

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/custom-beretta.asp#.Uyoh8K2wJQq

While we have years of knowledge and experience with the platform, we also have enlisted the help of 1998 IDPA National Champion and BERETTA innovator Ernie Langdon as technical advisor for the project.

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/new-images/handguns/beretta/langdon.jpg
Ernest Langdon with Bill Wilson and Wilson Combat Gunsmiths
(Left to right: Jim Wilson, Jared Phillips, Ernest Langdon, Bill Wilson, Kevin Hillhouse)

Ernie brings a depth of knowledge regarding the 92 platform that is unmatched in the industry. We are very pleased to have him on board. Look for more exciting products to unfold in the future!

montanadave
03-19-14, 19:10
Those are some nice looking guns. Add another to the Powerball Projects file.

Talon167
03-19-14, 19:12
I'm kind of surprised not to see a barrel made the list...

ex95B10
03-19-14, 20:16
Should I give you my checking account/routing number now or would you prefer direct deposit?

Medic548
03-19-14, 20:32
I really liked my Beretta in the army, my biggest complaint was the reach to the trigger with my little hands (I dislike the term little to describe my hands, I prefer delicate hands of a skilled road side surgeon). I never picked one up once I left the army but the short reach trigger has me interested.

SeriousStudent
03-19-14, 20:41
This would make a very cool present to my nephew the 2LT. I'd be the bestest uncle evah.

Keep us in the loop, this should be very neat. I'm like Medic548 - I liked the M9, but had issues with my paws fitting it.

NCPatrolAR
03-19-14, 20:51
Excellent! Any plans for a "G" conversion in the near future?

Trajan
03-19-14, 20:53
You guys make a reference to it, but will you be offering an M9/M9A1/92FS to G conversion? And if so, how much would that cost? Thanks.

Edit: NC beat me to it.

Kain
03-19-14, 21:04
Very cool and some very neat options. An M9A1 or 92FSA1 are on my wish list and there are some options that I think would be very nice to do, and in my opinion the prices are not that bad for the things I would want done. Am perhaps one of the few who find the standard ergos to be fine, though when I start placing wider grips, like the hogues, it does make it start to become too chucky. At any rate, the Beretta on my to buy list just moved up a couple places.

I will third the G conversion. Would quite like to see that.

SeriousStudent
03-19-14, 21:07
Man, I had not even thought of that, these guys are right. The G conversion would be the cherry on the ice cream sundae.

Another vote for that option, please.

Kain
03-19-14, 21:14
Man, I had not even thought of that, these guys are right. The G conversion would be the cherry on the ice cream sundae.

Another vote for that option, please.

Losing your edge a little?
Seriously, a G converted M9A1 with a few tweaks.... I shoot my 92 better than any Glock and I would replace the 17 on my nightstand in a hot minute for a Beretta worked over by Wilson. Suppose I should start saving now.

SeriousStudent
03-19-14, 21:27
Losing your edge a little?
Seriously, a G converted M9A1 with a few tweaks.... I shoot my 92 better than any Glock and I would replace the 17 on my nightstand in a hot minute for a Beretta worked over by Wilson. Suppose I should start saving now.

I ain't gonna be the one shooting it.

The Glocks and S&W's I own work for me. But it would be a very good gun for my nephew, as I mentioned earlier in this very thread.

Sam
03-19-14, 21:31
A G converted M9A1 would be a 92G-SD ! Just get that gun.

I was told you need a new slide to make it work.

Trajan
03-19-14, 21:45
A G converted M9A1 would be a 92G-SD ! Just get that gun.
That's exactly the point. It would come out cheaper though, plus no hunting for a rare pistol on GB.

I was told you need a new slide to make it work.

Allegheny Gun Works does a G conversion. Haven't heard much on it in terms of user reviews or reports.

M9A1 with a G conversion, metal trigger, and a D spring is what would get me going. MAYBE some magwell enhancement. If it's reasonable, I'd be in. DA/SA makes you a better shooter; that's my interest.

BrigandTwoFour
03-19-14, 21:50
This intrigues me. I've got a 92A1 sitting in the safe begging to have work done on it. I'm also very very interested in the idea of a G conversion.

High Tower
03-19-14, 21:51

This plus a 47D equivalent mag for the Beretta.

Don Robison
03-19-14, 21:57
That's exactly the point. It would come out cheaper though, plus no hunting for a rare pistol on GB.

Allegheny Gun Works does a G conversion. Haven't heard much on it in terms of user reviews or reports.

M9A1 with a G conversion, metal trigger, and a D spring is what would get me going. MAYBE some magwell enhancement. If it's reasonable, I'd be in. DA/SA makes you a better shooter; that's my interest.

AGW has been out of parts for a year to do the conversion. I've been waiting for Josh to email me when he gets parts for my conversion.

I get in line for a Wilson "G" conversion. I bought a 92A1 just for getting a "G" conversion on.

Neo Mara
03-19-14, 22:51

It already exists, and Wilson is already selling it.
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Beretta-92_M9-Magazine-9mm-18-Round-Mec-Gar-Optimum-Steel-Magazine-with-Base-Pad-Anti-Friction-Black/productinfo/NW388/
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Beretta-92_M9-Magazine-9mm-20-Round-Mec-Gar-Optimum-Steel-Magazine-with-Base-Pad-Anti-Friction-Black/productinfo/NW389/

wilsoncombatrep
03-19-14, 22:57
Guys,
We are machining the "G" conversion parts now....we haven't finished them, so we don't know the cost of the conversion yet. It will take gunsmithing/machining of the slide to make it work.

Sam, have you priced/found a 92G-SD lately? Not many to be found....

Regarding magazines, both our testing, and Ernie's experiences have found that these magazines are the BEST out there....

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Beretta-92_M9-Magazine-9mm-18-Round-Mec-Gar-Optimum-Steel-Magazine-with-Base-Pad-Anti-Friction-Black/productinfo/NW388/

....and the 20 round version listed on our site also.....they really perform!

BrigandTwoFour
03-19-14, 23:01
Once that G conversion is up, I think I may be in line. I'd love to tune up the 92A1 with a G conversion, OD green (or burnt bronze) frame, new sights, and new trigger. That should make it a sweet piece.

Magic_Salad0892
03-19-14, 23:09

I'm not. Factory Beretta barrels are very accurate.

Magic_Salad0892
03-19-14, 23:10
Guys,
We are machining the "G" conversion parts now....we haven't finished them, so we don't know the cost of the conversion yet. It will take gunsmithing/machining of the slide to make it work.

Regarding magazines, both our testing, and Ernie's experiences have found that these magazines are the BEST out there....

I know it's a total long shot, but is there any way you guys would ever consider doing SAO conversions on DAO Berettas?

NCPatrolAR
03-19-14, 23:14
Guys,

Awesome news on the G conversions and I can't wait for that option to be available. Crazy how my first Wilson purchase will be something for my Berettas and not a 1911. If you guys need a Beretta guinea pig just let me know. :)

Magic_Salad0892
03-19-14, 23:16
This is almost making me reconsider my decision to move to CZ pistols as my primary 9x19mm platform.

Almost.

Honestly, I thought that Wilson Combat would move onto the FN/Browning Hi Power/P35 market before they moved to Beretta. That was super unexpected.

Also, their Beretta grips look awesome with the WC medallions.

Don Robison
03-19-14, 23:22
I noticed everything on the website was single side lever. Any plans to offer dual levers or are us lefty on our own?

teutonicpolymer
03-19-14, 23:47
seems neat

what parts could be used for uspsa production?

Sam
03-20-14, 06:07
Guys,

!

Yes I know. When I bought mine, those guns were just coming out, it was $850. I know where a couple of them are. :)

samuse
03-20-14, 07:39

What does that mean?? Factory Beretta and Mec Gar 92 mags are probably the most reliable semi-auto handgun mags in the history of firearms.

The G conversion almost makes me regret selling off my Berettas.

03-20-14, 08:48
What does that mean?? Factory Beretta and Mec Gar 92 mags are probably the most reliable semi-auto handgun mags in the history of firearms.

The G conversion almost makes me regret selling off my Berettas.

Roger that! Those Mec-gar 18 rounders are G2G in my experience. I've had three for about 4 years now, no issues. I've also bought LE turn in Beretta mags for training and competition for $8 apiece. All those are still running. MDS mags are also top quality.

I would be interested in some action smoothing for my 92G and some narrow at the top grips.

Best,

CMW
03-20-14, 11:37
Just ordered the short reach trigger, and I have a D spring I've been meaning to drop in, so I'm stoked. I'm another guy with hands that don't quite fit the Beretta, so this is good news.

okie john
03-20-14, 11:59
I'm not. Factory Beretta barrels are very accurate.

This.

My last range trip before I left active duty was to Range 39 at Ft. Lewis. It's a fire-and-manuever range with pop-up targets scattered over about half a mile so a platoon-sized element can practice IADs. If you're in a unit with enlightened leadership (like I was), Range 39 can be a shooter's paradise. It was a bright, sunny day and we had plenty of time and ammo to goof around with M-16A2s and M-9s, so I was able to get in some long-range work with the pistol after lunch. Dropping E-type silhouettes at 100m was no big deal--just hold high in the chest--and I even coached a couple of other guys into making hits at 100. 150-200m wasn't that hard, but 300 was a little more challenging.

The M-9 is VERY accurate, and 9mm NATO ball shoots a lot flatter than most people think.

Okie John

montanadave
03-20-14, 12:09
So just curious. For those who might be tempted by Wilson Combat's custom offers on a Beretta but don't have one laying around the house, will Wilson sell base models to build off of or is this strictly a "send in your own" for a makeover?

Failure2Stop
03-20-14, 13:08
Guys,
We are machining the "G" conversion parts now....

Hmmm...

Guess I'm going to eat a little crow now for saying that I would never buy a 92 in the recent past.
Oh well.

Looking forward to trying one out.

I have a certain fondness for the M9 that was restrained mostly due to the safety, long trigger reach, lack of front sight options, and at the time, locking block failure. Guess that the times are a changing.

Magic_Salad0892
03-20-14, 17:51
Anthony at WC told me that SAO conversions (from D guns is all I asked about) is something that they are considering if they can get the parts.

Not definite, but gives me hope for the future.

wilsoncombatrep
03-20-14, 18:21
So just curious. For those who might be tempted by Wilson Combat's custom offers on a Beretta but don't have one laying around the house, will Wilson sell base models to build off of or is this strictly a "send in your own" for a makeover?

Montanadave,
We are only working on customer supplied Beretta's. They are not hard to find:cool:

wilsoncombatrep
03-20-14, 18:23
Don,
Since the guns come standard with ambi levers, we are concentrating on the single side for right hand use parts now.

NCPatrolAR
03-20-14, 18:35
Anthony at WC told me that SAO conversions (from D guns is all I asked about) is something that they are considering if they can get the parts.

Not definite, but gives me hope for the future.

Also awesome. I happen to have a D variant Centurion sitting around that my 2nd favorite Beretta (92FS Centurion is first). When I read up on the SAO conversion in the past, it appeared the manual safety was one of the hardest parts to source

Don Robison
03-20-14, 18:39
Don,
Since the guns come standard with ambi levers, we are concentrating on the single side for right hand use parts now.

Thanks, that's what I figured.

montanadave
03-20-14, 18:55
Montanadave,
We are only working on customer supplied Beretta's. They are not hard to find:cool:

Thanks for the reply. I'm just cheap and wanted to avoid the cost of shipping one to ya. :laugh:

Magic_Salad0892
03-20-14, 19:00
Also awesome. I happen to have a D variant Centurion sitting around that my 2nd favorite Beretta (92FS Centurion is first). When I read up on the SAO conversion in the past, it appeared the manual safety was one of the hardest parts to source

You lucky bastard. When I was considering a Beretta, I couldn't find a regular Centurion, much less a D gun to convert to SAO.

NCPatrolAR
03-20-14, 19:29
You lucky bastard. When I was considering a Beretta, I couldn't find a regular Centurion, much less a D gun to convert to SAO.

I stumbled on to the D variant while cruising the used gun section of a local shop several years ago. There were 2, but the second one felt like someone had thrown sand inside of it

Similar circumstances to how I got my Compact

High Tower
03-20-14, 21:13
It already exists, and Wilson is already selling it.
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Beretta-92_M9-Magazine-9mm-20-Round-Mec-Gar-Optimum-Steel-Magazine-with-Base-Pad-Anti-Friction-Black/productinfo/NW389/

Guys,

Good to know. Thanks!

It means that factory mags are not always available and the issued mags are garbage. Other brands are an unknown area for me as I have been hesitant to shell out the cash to try them for a gun I don't own but get issued on deployment. Now I know.

TurretGunner
03-21-14, 08:08
One of the biggest drawbacks to the 92 series is the sights. They are a BITCH to replace beacuse of the mounted decocker and the front sights on many are part of the slide.

I would recomend a sight package, replacing the rears with a modified Heinie and drill the front to put a tritium vial in there.

Those of us that own older 92/M9's would line up around the corner to have this work (and other work) done by wilson.

wilsoncombatrep
03-21-14, 08:23
One of the biggest drawbacks to the 92 series is the sights. They are a BITCH to replace beacuse of the mounted decocker and the front sights on many are part of the slide.

I would recomend a sight package, replacing the rears with a modified Heinie and drill the front to put a tritium vial in there.

Those of us that own older 92/M9's would line up around the corner to have this work (and other work) done by wilson.

Turretgunner,
We have own sights designed for he 90 series pistols, and offer installation. Just scroll down the page ......

http://wilsoncombat.com/new/custom-beretta.asp#.UypE262wJQr

samuse
03-21-14, 09:27
It means that factory mags are not always available and the issued mags are garbage. Other brands are an unknown area for me as I have been hesitant to shell out the cash to try them for a gun I don't own but get issued on deployment. Now I know.

All Checkmate mags are suspect, that's a fact.

But if you can't find factory Beretta 92 mags in the USA, you have problems. They're literally everywhere and didn't even increase in price much during the last panic.

Dave L.
03-21-14, 09:35
Don,

I would like to see a south-paw lever.

nick84
03-21-14, 10:04
I'm going to have to read up on my Beretta variants to see what you guys are talking about!

Like many of us here I'm sure, my first Beretta experience was drawing one from the armory. Also like many others, it never really felt solid in my...um, 'efficiency sized' man mitts. Lol. Despite that, however, I did manage to qualify expert with it twice, thus learning to respect it as an accurate platform. I learned to make it work for me, and even though I carried it far more than actually using it, when I did use it I eventually became a believer. I never owned one though until about three weeks ago, when I saw a 92A1 for what I'm pretty sure was under list. (620 OTD ?) Now I have a brand new one that I bought for old time's sake, and the chance to put some decent sights and a nice trigger on it. Good work WC, I'm excited. :)

NCPatrolAR
03-21-14, 10:14
Turretgunner,
We have own sights designed for he 90 series pistols, and offer installation. Just scroll down the page ......

I take it the front sights will work in Vertec slides as well?

Sam
03-21-14, 10:45
A brief pictorial description of three Berettas. Most everyone are familiar with the 92F or the M9. The following are the variants, I will go over the features that are different from the 92F/M9. They all use full size magazines.

All of the guns below have the G feature. The lever on the slide is for decocking only, it will spring up into the "fire" position after decocking the hammer. The G was requested by the French police, G for Gendarme.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/17880centurion.jpg

The gun on the left is a 92G-Vertec:

Straight back strap - shorter trigger reach for those with short fingers or small hands. Feel closer to a 1911. In my opinion, it's the best feeling grips.
Dovetail front sight.
Barrel flush with the forward end of slide.
Accessory rail.
Stainless barrel (blackened)
No lanyard on the hammer spring cap.

The gun on the right is a 92G-Centurion:
Main difference is the length of the slide and barrel, essentially a "commander" equivalent. It's about 0.75" shorter than the full size 92.
If they made this gun with the Vertec grip, it would be perfect.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/RichardTouch/G-SD.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/RichardTouch/media/G-SD.jpg.html)

The gun above is the 92G-SD (Super Dave):

Checkered front and backstrap of the grip frame. Grip has the same contour as the 92F/M9.
Dovetail front sight.
Accessory rail.
Slide is a Brigadier type. Beefed up around the weak area where they reportedly cracked from heavy usage. Look at the curved "bump" on the slide just in front of the chamber.
Lanyard on the hammer spring cap.
Extended magazine release. (Might cause some problems with using a flash light in the modified cigar hold, magazine tends to get released when the flashlight bumps the huge magazine release button)
Stainless barrel (blacken)

What's better than a 92G-SD?

Two SD's :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/RichardTouch/GSD2.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/RichardTouch/media/GSD2.jpg.html)

nick84
03-21-14, 12:11
Entire post.

Thanks for the write up. Just what a floundering amateur militarygunphile needed. :)

Sam
03-21-14, 13:30
There are more of the models that one doesn't see often in a gunstore, such as the Elite, Elite II, Elite IA. They are again, featuring G type decocker.

Elite:

Brigadier slide (beefed up) - black finish
Barrel flush with the end of the slide - barrel is left in satin stainless condition, not painted black like the SD or Vertec.
Lighten skeletonized hammer
Dovetailed front sight

Elite II:
Similar to Elite model, except the slide is stainless steel satin with front cocking serration
Skeletonized hammer but not as light as on the Elite, to insure positive ignition

Elite IA:
Vertec frame
Top end (slide and barrel similar to the Elite - black Brigadier slide, stainless barrel)

TurretGunner
03-21-14, 15:33
Turretgunner,

Yea I saw that. I did not see any that were tritium however. Your products look outstanding and I look forward to sending in my 92FS for a rework!

wilsoncombatrep
03-25-14, 16:50
I take it the front sights will work in Vertec slides as well?

Yes they will work on VERTEC's....

weggy
03-25-14, 17:06
I've owned a 92, it was very smooth and never gave me any trouble, traded it in towards a trap gun. I think that I might purchase one after Beretta moves from Maryland. "The Free State"?

DreadPirateMoyer
03-27-14, 21:19
WCR,

I've got a set of 92s I'll be sending in before the year is out for some work. SUPER excited to see you guys offering decocker conversions, as this is what I've always wanted on my guns.

I was wondering if you could tell me what's involved on the trigger tuning? Is there any work done to the action parts (sear, hammer, etc.) such as changing sear/hammer geometry to lighten the pull? Or is the trigger job only a series of spring swaps?

Additionally, what would you recommend as the replacement interval on the action springs? Every 5,000 rounds, or something different?

wilsoncombatrep
03-27-14, 21:29
DPM,
We do polish the sear( and hammer if it really needs it, but the sear is the key) and replace the hammer spring. Recoil spring needs replacing before 5000 rounds....I do it closer to 3K...spring are cheap....reliability is good:cool:

DreadPirateMoyer
03-28-14, 00:47
Thanks WCR. :) Two more now that I look over my future order, as my 92s are all of the 92A1 variety:

1. The trigger return spring states that it can't be used in the 92A1, but there's a user comment on your website that says if one purchases the short-reach steel trigger from you (which I plan on having installed as part of my order), the trigger return unit will be able to be used in the 92A1. Is that true? Can we get the steel trigger installed in a 92A1, and then with that trigger, have the upgraded trigger return springs installed?

2. Will the decocker conversion also be available on the 92A1? The work list only states 92FS, but I didn't know if it was possible on other models. Really praying it can be done, because I hate the safety on this gun (and most guns) like hell.

wilsoncombatrep
03-28-14, 07:01
DPM,
Yes, if you put a steel trigger in your 92A1( or any 90 series gun), you can use the coiled trigger return spring. Secondly, yes, the G conversion will work on the 92A1. Bring it on!

jondoe297
03-28-14, 14:06

I had a 92G and picked up an M9A1 on gunbroker. I put the G slide on the M9A1 frame and viola! "M9A1G". I put the FS slide on the old G frame and sold it. Total cost of project after selling the second gun: about $75. $225.00 if you count having the M9A1G cerakoted afterward.

Sam
03-28-14, 15:18
I had a 92G and picked up an M9A1 on gunbroker. I put the G slide on the M9A1 frame and viola! "M9A1G". I put the FS slide on the old G frame and sold it. d.

You are tricky dicky LOL.

bigghoss
03-28-14, 20:41
I'm going to have to buy a Beretta now...

Bowser
04-11-14, 15:31
I emailed Wilson Combat and they said they are about 3 months out on 92FS work, and it's about $200 to coat the firearm. GOT ME THINKING.

I really like the sights. Hell, I think I want everything done.

brickboy240
04-11-14, 16:21
Nice looking...but still a big ol' chunky Beretta.

When Wilson comes out with their own polymer framed striker fired "Glock-killer" I will have to open my piggy bank. LOL

-brickboy240

decodeddiesel
04-11-14, 21:23
I haven't seriously considered purchasing a Beretta since I left the Army, but I am now. Damn it...

samuse
04-13-14, 09:27
I think a Beretta 92 is a better gun to start out with than all the plastic junkers on the market now.

I've been around a bunch of new Beretta 92s and I've never seen one not run....

KrampusArms
04-18-14, 03:23
I purchased an Italian Beretta 92FS in January of this year. After spending a considerable amount of time these past 4 months handling and firing it, I love the gun. I purchased one for a few reasons, mainly due to wanting one since I was young boy. (All those 80's action movies). I honestly expected it to just be a novelty type purchase for me.

But I've discovered I shoot it as well or better than my Glock. I also like the way it feels better now. My hand size is suited for the 92 just about perfectly. I can reach the safety/decocker without altering my grip. ONLY problem I have is that my thumb gets in the way of the slide lock/release lever, & I have had to change my grip to prevent the slide from closing on empty.

Ive got close to 1000 rounds through it now. So far its reliable entirely. Except for the aforementioned slide lock issue.

It will be popular again in some time. Its surely a classic. Very pleased to see the folks at Wilson working on these. Looks fantastic.

Pilot1
04-18-14, 06:38
I avoided getting a Beretta 92FS for over twenty years as I didn't like the way the safety operated, nor its location on the slide. About a year ago, I bought a new Italian made 92FS on a whim. It turns out the pistol is ultra reliable, accurate, and easy to shoot. I almost immediately installed the Beretta "D" spring, and Elite II hammer which made the DA pull lighter, and the SA pull slightly better also. I only use the safety as a decocker, so will probably do the G conversion, although the gun is just a range toy, and occasional HD pistol.

DiabhailGadhar
07-26-14, 23:04
Has any one factored, in addition to the cost of the pistol, what all the bells and whistles will cost?? Cuz damn it I was gonna go all FN but this is going to F that all up...

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-26-14, 23:23
I carried an M9 in the Corps a few times here and there. Always found that it didn't fit my girly hands. However, its always been one of my favorite pistols. A Wilson/Beretta as a dedicated suppressor host has me thinking hard...

GJM
07-26-14, 23:51
I really enjoy shooting the Beretta 92, and feel like I shoot it and a CZ better than anything else. I had been meaning to post the pictures of the 92A1, Wilson Combat did for me earlier this summer. I am absolutely thrilled with it, and it has one of the best DA triggers I have ever felt, including those on my Mink SP01 Shadows. Here is some Wilson Beretta porn:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/WCB2_zps08d5d653.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/GJMandes/media/WCB2_zps08d5d653.jpg.html)

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/WCB3_zpsf5ffba81.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/GJMandes/media/WCB3_zpsf5ffba81.jpg.html)

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/WCB4_zps4201ddea.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/GJMandes/media/WCB4_zps4201ddea.jpg.html)

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/WCB5_zpsac001480.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/GJMandes/media/WCB5_zpsac001480.jpg.html)

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/WCB6_zpse2e91f57.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/GJMandes/media/WCB6_zpse2e91f57.jpg.html)

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/WCB7_zpsd2f3ead9.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/GJMandes/media/WCB7_zpsd2f3ead9.jpg.html)

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/WCB8_zpsd6dffaaa.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/GJMandes/media/WCB8_zpsd6dffaaa.jpg.html)

Vgex2
07-27-14, 00:19
I really enjoy shooting the Beretta 92, and feel like I shoot it and a CZ better than anything else. I had been meaning to post the pictures of the 92A1, Wilson Combat did for me earlier this summer. I am absolutely thrilled with it, and it has one of the best DA triggers I have ever felt, including those on my Mink SP01 Shadows. Here is some Wilson Beretta porn:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/WCB2_zps08d5d653.jpg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/GJMandes/media/WCB2_zps08d5d653.jpg.html)

Wow. Congrats. http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt230/Vgex/General/drool_zpsd5893ad3.gif

erratic
07-28-14, 12:59
Word of warning guys, the parts are NOT drop in. Yes, the website does say the safety and trigger and are. Wilson support says they're not. If you put them in yourself you may have to fit them, which means you're going to lose the "armor-tuff" finish they come with. Personally I don't think that's acceptable for a 92fs part, but aftermarket options are aftermarket options.

watercop08
07-30-14, 16:58
This is awesome news! I was just thinking about what I should do with my 92. I have an Italian 92fs Inox that I used as my first duty weapon. Problem is I hate the Inox finish. Anyone know if its worth having it refinished in black?

plouffedaddy
08-11-14, 15:21
http://i.imgur.com/t2mDmUul.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yKjWBxLl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pfRjwThl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3QQjiUnl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wDdWKBXl.jpg

Stay tuned for the review :D

Trajan
08-11-14, 15:41
That's a really nice looking gun.

Any reason you opted for the FS over the G?

thebarracuda
08-11-14, 19:31
You guys posting pics, any chance you give us some info about your pistols? Such as what work you had done, parts installed, why, etc? Maybe even a before and after?

Love those pics by the way. Cant wait to send them my 92fs.

Exiledviking
08-11-14, 19:34
Plouffedaddy, that's a piece of art. I'm going to have to look into getting a 92A1 now.

DiabhailGadhar
08-11-14, 20:49
You guys posting pics, any chance you give us some info about your pistols? Such as what work you had done, parts installed, why, etc? Maybe even a before and after?

Love those pics by the way. Cant wait to send them my 92fs.
+1 and if it's not to personal what the damage was to your wallet...lol.

yellowfin
08-11-14, 21:02
Maybe have that treatment done to a 96 to use for USPSA limited.

plouffedaddy
08-12-14, 08:34
That's a really nice looking gun.

Any reason you opted for the FS over the G?

Yes. I don't really ever envision using this gun as a defensive gun (of course it would do that just fine if needed) as my familiy members are more proficient with striker fired guns and I like everyone to be able to grab and shoot as needed. Also, I went with the low profile safety/decocker thinking it would be much harder to accidently engage when running the slide (this is absolutely the case).

x60183
08-31-14, 18:30
http://i.imgur.com/t2mDmUul.jpg

Beautiful! What is this finish called?

plouffedaddy
08-31-14, 18:38
Beautiful! What is this finish called?

Burnt bronze I believe.

tuck
08-31-14, 20:41
Yes. I don't really ever envision using this gun as a defensive gun (of course it would do that just fine if needed) as my familiy members are more proficient with striker fired guns and I like everyone to be able to grab and shoot as needed. Also, I went with the low profile safety/decocker thinking it would be much harder to accidently engage when running the slide (this is absolutely the case).

Do you plan on doing a video review of it?

plouffedaddy
08-31-14, 21:44
Do you plan on doing a video review of it?

Of course :cool:

tuck
09-01-14, 09:32
I'm anxious to see it. I picked up a M9 a few days ago, and the Wilson custom work has me pretty intrigued.

ccmdfd
09-01-14, 10:45
What kind of turn around time are people seeing with Wilson's work?

foxtrotx1
09-01-14, 15:22
Nice looking...but still a big ol' chunky Beretta.

When Wilson comes out with their own polymer framed striker fired "Glock-killer" I will have to open my piggy bank. LOL

-brickboy240

Shes big, but she will out perform most other guns in her class in the reliability department. The in-line feed geometry is amazing.

DiabhailGadhar
09-01-14, 17:35
So many people try to knock the beretta without really knowing first hand how great of a weapon it is. Is it perfect, no. But it is an amazing performer and for all intensive purposes does what it capable of very well. I'm glad an extremely quality company finally got their hands on them.

foxtrotx1
09-02-14, 11:55
Hating on the beretta is the oldest pastime for many sadly. A lot of the arguments against it are pretty crappy.

"It only holds 15 rounds for it's massive size!" Ok, buy Mecgar flush fitting 18 round mags.

"It's heavy" It's lighter than a 1911, people love those.

"the slides crack!" One or two have been reported online, meanwhile many users have tens of thousands of rounds through their Beretta no prob. Someone offered to buy broken Beretta slides for 200 bucks as a challenge, no one sent him any.

"the locking blocks can break" Beretta addressed the issue and came out with the nigh unbreakable gen 3 locking block.

"the open top lets dirt and mud in" Is this really an issue for gun owners? Do we go romping through mud puddles with our 92s?

"My friend in the military says they are unreliable POS guns." Ah yes, the military where mags are bought as cheap as possible, parts are swapped between pistols, parts are sometimes decades old and some soldiers think cleaning the finish of the barrel with a wire brush is necessary. Yeah, those pistols.

Singlestack Wonder
09-02-14, 12:29
Looks like Wilson has identified a new market for their services. For all of the beretta fanboys out there who swear by their pistols that have issues, Wilson has targeted a needed industry sector where customers will flock to get their berettas to work.

plouffedaddy
09-02-14, 12:32
I'm anxious to see it. I picked up a M9 a few days ago, and the Wilson custom work has me pretty intrigued.

Should be public either tonight or tomorrow, depending on Youtube upload gods...

tuck
09-02-14, 12:49
Should be public either tonight or tomorrow, depending on Youtube upload gods...

Awesome! I'll have to watch it with my credit card locked in a different room...

plouffedaddy
09-02-14, 17:48
As promised.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guZ5q9DyKfI

Talon167
09-02-14, 19:33
Cool video, thanks. Maybe I missed it but did you mention who did the cerakote (?) of the frame? Did Wilson do that as well?

JBecker 72
09-22-14, 20:51
Sent this brand new 92A1 in today. Going with the same package plouffedaddy got except for the checkered mag release, black golf ball grips without logo, and I'm sticking with a black on black armortuff finish. I was debating an FDE frame, but I want it to look stock. $770 for the work plus shipping costs. Hopefully the turn around times are still in the 2-3 month range. Can't wait. I've missed my M9 since I sold it for an HK P30 earlier this year and I've been wanting either a 9mm 1911, or a Wilson 92. I chose the 92. :cool:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/hownowbrowncow_02/Guns/050A2BFD-17C0-4111-ADC7-20A1205EF46A_zpsrwuoi0b4.jpg

brickboy240
09-23-14, 13:30
Oh I am not one of those that loves to beat on the Beretta 92 Series guns. Yes..they are big but they are soft recoiling and very reliable guns. If you ask me...they are a sort of mixed bag gun. Some good features...some bad ones. Like anything else. I still have my old 96F Beretta and would probably never sell it. A soft kicking 40...no doubt.

Plouffedaddy, your reviews are amazing. No BS and you seem to get right to the kinds of things we really want to know about pistols we might consider buying. Thanks for your YouTube channel...I glean tons from that site!

-brickboy240

BigBuckeye
11-12-14, 06:55
Sent this brand new 92A1 in today. Going with the same package plouffedaddy got except for the checkered mag release, black golf ball grips without logo, and I'm sticking with a black on black armortuff finish. I was debating an FDE frame, but I want it to look stock. $770 for the work plus shipping costs. Hopefully the turn around times are still in the 2-3 month range. Can't wait. I've missed my M9 since I sold it for an HK P30 earlier this year and I've been wanting either a 9mm 1911, or a Wilson 92. I chose the 92. :cool:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s73/hownowbrowncow_02/Guns/050A2BFD-17C0-4111-ADC7-20A1205EF46A_zpsrwuoi0b4.jpg

Any update?

Eurodriver
11-12-14, 07:26
You guys and your Berettas...

I know this is a WC thread, but this damn thread and WC made me buy this. I don't even know why... but it's my first steel framed pistol (except revolvers) and It's soooooo smooth compared to the M9s we were issued.

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_0716_zps1cc3dcc3.jpg

JBecker 72
11-12-14, 07:59
Any update?

Nope. Still there. I also added the G conversion to the list of work being done. I was quoted 10 weeks turn around time. Think I'm about halfway through now.

rauchman
11-12-14, 08:46

I know this is a WC thread, but this damn thread and WC made me buy this. I don't even know why... but it's my first steel framed pistol (except revolvers) and It's soooooo smooth compared to the M9s we were issued.

I'd love to get your detailed impressions of this pistol. Finding reviews of the fullsize 92 series pistols is easy, but reviews on the compacts are rare.

My wife has a '94 92FS that I dropped a D spring into. She's taken over my P226 that I barely ever shoot and I've taken her 92. I've been shooting Glocks as my main pistol for years, but since the D spring, I'm thoroughly enamored w/ the 92. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm really enjoying the DA trigger pull. I'm considering adding a compact, but, as mentioned, can't find many reviews on it.

Exiledviking
11-13-14, 01:40

I'm pretty certain (99%) that the compact that you show in the picture has an aluminum frame.
Congratulations on becoming a fellow Beretta 92 series owner.

Eurodriver
11-13-14, 07:31
I'm pretty certain (99%) that the compact that you show in the picture has an aluminum frame.
Congratulations on becoming a fellow Beretta 92 series owner.

"Metal" frame, then ;)

It says "Stainless" everywhere, but not on the frame so you must be correct.

plouffedaddy
11-13-14, 11:46
"Metal" frame, then ;)

It says "Stainless" everywhere, but not on the frame so you must be correct.

I have one and it's aluminum FWIW.

ramairthree
11-13-14, 12:53
Looks like Wilson has identified a new market for their services. For all of the beretta fanboys out there who swear by their pistols that have issues, Wilson has targeted a needed industry sector where customers will flock to get their berettas to work.

Says the man whose user name is based on an iconic military issue metal pistol...

that have never been known for reliability issues or needing work/tuning ever:)

jedi391
11-13-14, 14:22
If a friend of yours bought a car in the mid 1980's and never changed the oil or spark plugs and kept driving it without really doing any preventative or scheduled maintenance and he came to you today saying that his car was a pos because it was having periodic issues would you think the car was the issue?

BigBuckeye
11-15-14, 07:45
Well, start the clock, my M9 is off to Berryville AR...can't wait to get it back!

plouffedaddy
11-15-14, 07:57
Well, start the clock, my M9 is off to Berryville AR...can't wait to get it back!

My buddy is sending one out on Monday after playing with mine. So I guess it's a race :D

JBecker 72
12-17-14, 16:46
Got a call from Wilson today. I was all excited that I'd be getting my gun back before the holidays but it looks like they had a bit of a mix up with my order regarding the G conversion and I won't be getting it for another 3-5 months. Kinda bummed about that but shit happens. Can't wait to get it back.