PDA

View Full Version : DSG Arms Magpul stock kits good to go?

~kev~
03-20-14, 08:59
DSG Arms has these stock kits, one of which I am looking at buying.

http://dsgarms.com/mgstrstockkit

There are no specs such as material the receiver extension is made out of, and the buffer size is not listed. The description says a carbine buffer. So is that the standard H buffer?

Has anyone here ordered one of these kits?

This is for my brothers rifle which he plans on using for predator control.

markm
03-20-14, 09:08
I think DSG had those 19.95 REs that were mil spec diameter, but NOT mil spec materials. And that buffer will be as described, not an H buffer.

DSG is a good place to buy stuff... But you still need to know what you're buying.

discreet
03-20-14, 13:39
Yea they are 6061 RE's not 7075. I have an odd feeling they are DSA RE's as one was absolutely identical to a DSA I had in the parts bin.

They are good kits, just replace the RE with a known milspec RE and keep the 6061 RE in the parts bin.
Buffers are your standard 5-10$ carbine buffers and are fine, but you will typically be replacing these also.
Carbine spring is fine, and IMO is up there with other kits (although my BCM had a smoother texture on it).

Best thing to get one and when the next panic hits, just sell the receiver extension for an inflated cost LOL.

markm
03-20-14, 13:44
Damn... you're right... I was thinking DSG, but it was DSA. They're the 19.99 RE.

discreet
03-20-14, 23:29
Damn... you're right... I was thinking DSG, but it was DSA. They're the 19.99 RE.

Yup they are in a few different kits. Not sure what Midwestpx uses but theirs has a lot more chalkiness to it.

DSA imo is a company that "can" do stuff extremely right, when they want. IMO their 6061 tubes are well made, but when going on a good build why bother with one. I know Vltor trusted them, and their FAL's are also pretty top notch compared to CA and some of the other rubbish floating around so they do have their good moments. Think they just focus more on their non AR lines as well as being a supplier for many AR companies.

I think it was like 26$ or something for my Brownells 7075 extension, so the Brownells is right between DSA type extensions and more expensive extensions like Vltor, BCM, v7 etc etc.

Grand58742
03-20-14, 23:56
I think one of the best deals going for known quality would be this:

https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3416

Add stock of choice and call it a day.