PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Jack First parts?

thopkins22
03-20-14, 16:12
My 13-1 K-frame I inherited from my father is in need of a new hammer nose(and presumably rivet.) I know how and why it was ground down to where it wouldn't fire, and would like it back up and running with as high quality parts as is possible.

S&W told me that it's discontinued and to call "Jack First." I don't have any experience with them, nor do I know if there is anyone else I should consider or if they're the top of the heap. I won't be installing it myself, but would like to go ahead and have the parts that I know it needs to send along with the gun to Superior or somewhere for some love(albeit nothing radical, there's sentimental value as it is...and with the exception of the hammer nose it's close to pristine.)

http://www.jackfirstgun.com/index.php

Thanks!

TomD
03-20-14, 18:21
Have bought 2 hammer noses from Jack First for my M-15 now. It would be a paper weight if not for Jack First. Also got a new recoil spring for a Win M 50 from them years ago. A go to place for obsolete gun parts.

ST911
03-21-14, 10:31
Jack First has been able to deliver a variety of current and out of production parts when others could not. They also machine a number of parts that aren't in production anymore as well. Gunsmithing services are excellent, and like most other quality shops there is a wait.

thopkins22
03-21-14, 15:53
Thanks guys, called them up and ordered today. Talk about efficient...I had the part number for the hammer nose, but not the rivet. Despite that, I was off the phone in just a few minutes including giving them payment and delivery info. Was assured that they'd be in the mail today. Didn't inquire about their smithing, but very well may consider them as an option based on this.

Pretty great experience so far.

Kchen986
03-21-14, 20:01
They're great. Called them up for a new leaf spring for my Colt Python. Asked for the part, paid for it via phone, had it within the week. Dropped it in and test-fired the weapon. Worked excellent.

Coal Dragger
03-22-14, 03:16
I've never had any dealings with this shop but have friends who have and they all have and good experiences, plus they are local to me as they are only 45 miles away. I should really stop in some time.

c3006
03-28-14, 16:46
Top notch people to deal with, many transactions with no disappointments unlike GPC