PDA

View Full Version : Dirty, Stinkin', Crooked, Filthy-Rotten Cops at it Again...er..Wait...

Outlander Systems
03-20-14, 17:31
Not much good news, nowadays.

Thought I'd share this story about a LEO in Plano, TX.

This guy is someone who wears the badge for all the right reasons.

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2012/12/plano-police-officer-tucks-100-bill-into-traffic-ticket-for-down-and-out-father.html/

This dude is a CHAMPION.

Belmont31R
03-20-14, 18:50
Pretty sure this has been posted before. Article says 2012.

Moose-Knuckle
03-20-14, 18:52
Plano PD has a lot of solid dudes, I have worked with them a bunch in past duty assignments. I use to live there and as a resident I can say they were always a pleasure to deal with.

Outlander Systems
03-20-14, 19:22
Pretty sure this has been posted before. Article says 2012.

"Lack of Attention to detail"

Well, kiss my ass.

Oh well late to the party, but still cool as hell.

Belmont31R
03-20-14, 19:26
"Lack of Attention to detail"

Well, kiss my ass.

Oh well late to the party, but still cool as hell.

Still cool and I've fallen victim to reading an article, sharing it, and then realize it's an old piece.

bp7178
03-20-14, 20:50
My first time looking at it.

What kind of a *unt department doesn't give their officers any form of discretion over minor traffic offenses? I probably write one ticket for every five cars I stop. If people are genuine and not making trouble, what's the point on hammering on poor people?

Don't get me wrong, some peoples priority lists are WAY upside down. But, its pretty easy to gauge for anyone who has any time on the job.

SeriousStudent
03-20-14, 22:53
I think I do remember reading that a while back.

I was on the range Sunday with a retired Plano PD officer, and he's a very solid guy, and a sharp instructor as well. I've met a lot of very good officers from that department.

I'd also be willing to bet that "citation" was a warning, and the media got that little detail wrong.