PDA

View Full Version : Glock Blue Label - Rants and Raves

Eurodriver
03-21-14, 16:20
Been trying to snag a Blue Label G17 forever. Have a G19 and G26 and I wanted to stick with 9mm but get a larger capacity for use at home. Talked to Grant but they can not ship them out of state. I had no idea who sold blue labels around me, I searched some local forums and saw there were some in state but they were hundreds of miles away.

So I emailed Glock in December inquiring about their Blue Label program. I never got a response, so I gave up. Today, Glock emailed me back and sent me a list of all the local dealers near my zip code and my freaking LGS that I go to once every few months, down the road from my home was the first result. I called them up and they had just what I wanted, a Gen3 G17.

My dealer charged me $480 w/tax, which I was a tiny bit disappointed about because I thought it'd be a $425 sticker (oh well, but money is money). I asked them why I'd never heard that they're a blue label dealer and they said that it's not something they advertise. It's not like they were anything less than helpful/friendly with getting me my blue label though. Why do they do this? Is this common? I will gladly buy Glocks all day long at $450, but their retail prices are just on the wrong side of $600. No thanks.

Now I just have to get some night sights to match the other two and grab some more magazines. I'll be set. I'm glad Glock has this program. It's easy and saves first responders/mil a ton of money.

Pics: Care to guess what I carry most frequently?

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w521/6234987u02/IMG_20140321_170458_465_zpsd7098382.jpg

I was a little less upset about their blue label prices when I saw their .22 ammo. Maybe they haven't heard of the internet, because I picked up 1500 rounds of .22LR for $80. Around here, that's unheard of. Almost makes me want to become a flipper, but there aren't any left :dirol:

ETA: It has a Dec 2008 manufacture date. What extractor does this weapon most likely have? It matches the one on my G26, oddly enough.

ggammell
03-21-14, 16:42
I just got. blue label for about the same price. I was expecting lower too. I guess it's a little more normal after all.

teutonicpolymer
03-21-14, 18:16
I have been seriously considering joining gssf just for the pricing

Can never have too many glocks and there are at least 3 I want...

G30s, G17 gen 4, G41, maybe even the G34 gen 4

G41 is on my very short list

TurretGunner
03-21-14, 18:27
Yea some dealers will screw u on blue label guns. It should be $425+tax/fees which comes out to a good deal with the extra mag. For a long time blue labels were hard to get, and dealers would mark them up.

You can get brand new FDE glocks from Grant for $500, and Clarkeguns sells sub $500 glocks ($469 for G26's). No reason to ever buy one in a store at those prices. xfer will be cheaper than the tax alone.

Nothing wrong with buying used glocks either. They are pre-worn in, and you can get some really good deals (Kiesllers just sold out of Police trade in G17's for $375).

TurretGunner
03-21-14, 18:28
Now you can chop the 17 to take 19 mags, and save money/have more usable mags.

Wake27
03-21-14, 21:56
Their blue label program is just one more thing that makes my consider an M&P. I can get a 9 or 9c for $348 very easily. Like you, I don't even know the nearest place I'd go to get a blue label Glock, much less for the $425 price.

Linkscoach
03-21-14, 22:57
The way I understand it, and I could be wrong, is any certified Glock dealer can sell blue label. Not all dealers are able to order BL pistols direct from Glock however. Some dealers have to order from Glock wholesalers which equals shipping fees and other possible fees.

This is how it was explained to me but it could be total BS too.

teutonicpolymer
03-21-14, 23:10
you can search blue label dealers on glock's website

remington79
03-21-14, 23:42
That dealer still charged you higher than he should have for a blue label. It's supposed to be $425 plus tax and any extras. I just got a blue label G19 with night sights and tax for $482 and change.

rathos
03-22-14, 00:28
The only local dealer charged the same amount. I emailed glock about individual officer purchase and was sent a price sheet that is a lot closer to that and can be sent to any dealer. If you want to use your own night sights you can even get them cheaper. I haven't checked prices in a year or so, so they could have gone up, but if you qualify for blue label you should also qualify for the individual purchase program.

remington79
03-22-14, 00:43
I bought my blue label because of GSSF. Last I heard Glock raised the price on the GSSF blue labels and the first responder price for blue labels was still under or right around the $400 mark.

MegademiC
03-22-14, 00:55
Been trying to snag a Blue Label G17 forever. Have a G19 and G26 and I wanted to stick with 9mm but get a larger capacity for use at home.....

You do know g17 and 33rd mags fit in the g19 right?

Wolfhound86
03-22-14, 02:26
I live in Arizona, Scottsdale Gun Club charges $398 + tax for blue label Glock, I've picked up both gen 3 and 4 19s with the program. They are even better than Glockmeister who charges $425 + tax for blue label.

Slater
03-22-14, 06:22
Bought a Gen 4 G17 with Glock night sights from ProForce in Prescott. $485 after taxes.

Eurodriver
03-22-14, 06:38
If I was able to get the pricing some of you guys get through blue label, I would just resell them every time I needed to make $100 or so. $480 out the door for a G17 with three mags works for me.

You do know g17 and 33rd mags fit in the g19 right?

Don't ruin my excuse for grabbing a new gun.

Mike169
03-22-14, 07:24
Dealers don't advertise it because they make next to nothing on blue label sales.. Of course, that only applies to the legit blue label dealers who don't pocket $80 on a blue label sale by charging a customer more than they're supposed to.

I'd call glock and let them know that this dealer charged you $480 on a blue label sale, I bet they stop that practice real quick.

Mike169
03-22-14, 07:26
If I was able to get the pricing some of you guys get through blue label, I would just resell them every time I needed to make $100 or so. $480 out the door for a G17 with three mags works for me.

You're supposedly limited to 2 blue label purchases per year. Additionally you basically just described a straw man purchase..

jschmitt08
03-22-14, 07:43
Try GT Distributors. Good place to deal with.

ST911
03-22-14, 08:23

You're supposedly limited to 2 blue label purchases per year. Additionally you basically just described a straw man purchase..

Not a straw purchase, but closer to dealing without a license depending on the particulars. Let's be careful about discussion of acts that could possibly be illegal, which are verboten under site rules.

Good blue label program info here: http://us.glock.com/bluelabel

When in doubt about dealer status, conduct, pricing, or terms of a sale notify Glock of the pertinents. I've found GI personnel very responsive to dealer issues.

Recent 4-page discussion on blue label Glocks: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?145117-quot-Blue-Label-quot-Glocks

Eurodriver
03-22-14, 08:27

I just filled out a form and showed my ID and was off with the gun. Didn't require verifying I hadn't bought one before.

Additionally, what I described is more along the lines of running a business of selling firearms without a license than a straw man purchase.

Dealers don't advertise it because they make next to nothing on blue label sales.. Of course, that only applies to the legit blue label dealers who don't pocket $80 on a blue label sale by charging a customer more than they're supposed to.

I'd call glock and let them know that this dealer charged you $480 on a blue label sale, I bet they stop that practice real quick.

They charged me $450 + 7% tax + $5 background check. Grant is charging $425 at gandrtactical.com, is he ripping people off?

Maybe I'm coming from a different perspective than you guys, because local gun shops sell Glocks for $625-$700 around here. I thought $480 OTD for a brand new G17 (Gen 3 or 4) was a smoking deal.

R0CKETMAN
03-22-14, 08:50
There are two types of "blue label" dealers
1. Distributor
2. All the other blue label dealers.

The "distributor" tier always provides best / consistent pricing. The "other" lower tier dealers are all over the place.

whick1
03-22-14, 10:16
I live in Arizona, Scottsdale Gun Club charges $398 + tax for blue label Glock, I've picked up both gen 3 and 4 19s with the program. They are even better than Glockmeister who charges $425 + tax for blue label.

Thats what they are around here. $398 for regular sights and I think $448 for night sites.

Without the blue label program with regular sites they sell from $499-$550 depending on the shop.

MegademiC
03-22-14, 10:39

Don't ruin my excuse for grabbing a new gun.

Haha, okay - sorry.

Back on topic- I looked at locations on the glock web sight when I was looking for a 19(back when you couldn't fine them) and the closest blue label dealer was about 3hr away iirc.

Mike169
03-22-14, 12:28
Not a straw purchase, but closer to dealing without a license depending on the particulars. Let's be careful about discussion of acts that could possibly be illegal, which are verboten under site rules.

Good blue label program info here: http://us.glock.com/bluelabel

When in doubt about dealer status, conduct, pricing, or terms of a sale notify Glock of the pertinents. I've found GI personnel very responsive to dealer issues.

Recent 4-page discussion on blue label Glocks: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?145117-quot-Blue-Label-quot-Glocks

I just filled out a form and showed my ID and was off with the gun. Didn't require verifying I hadn't bought one before.

Additionally, what I described is more along the lines of running a business of selling firearms without a license than a straw man purchase.

I'll admit you're probably right that it's not a straw purchase, but it's still a set of questions from a friendly ATF agent that I'd rather not have to answer. As for the 2 glocks, I have no personal experience as I don't buy that many glocks, but my buddy bought a g26 and a g17 on blue label and was told he needed to wait a year to buy any more.

They charged me $450 + 7% tax + $5 background check. Grant is charging $425 at gandrtactical.com, is he ripping people off?

Maybe I'm coming from a different perspective than you guys, because local gun shops sell Glocks for $625-$700 around here. I thought $480 OTD for a brand new G17 (Gen 3 or 4) was a smoking deal.

LE blue label pricing is $398 for all but .45acp and 10mm glocks, I'm told GSSF pricing is $425, but I've never purchased off GSSF. I have anecdotally heard that glock "allows" dealers to tack on $25 for blue label purchases due to the slim profit margin there, but this was third hand information and I've never fact checked it. In my opinion, a dealer that is exceeding a price of $425 is charging too much. Yes, $480 is cheaper than it could have been, but it's more expensive than it should have been.

SpecWired
03-22-14, 12:35
Last year I got a blue label G19 3rd Gen with night sights and 3 mags. I believe it was like $449.

Eurodriver
03-22-14, 14:06
Can some of you guys give me the info for these dealers with crazy low pricing? Both blue label and regular. I haven't seen a Glock in a LGS for sale for less than $600 in at least 5 years. Maybe I should get an FFL and buy them at retail and resell them here.

If anyone wants to report my LGS to Glock let me know and I'll get you the info.

Mike169
03-22-14, 14:24
Can some of you guys give me the info for these dealers with crazy low pricing? Both blue label and regular. I haven't seen a Glock in a LGS for sale for less than $600 in at least 5 years. Maybe I should get an FFL and buy them at retail and resell them here.

If anyone wants to report my LGS to Glock let me know and I'll get you the info.

Just look up your local blue label dealers. To qualify you must be LE, fire/ems, or military, or you can get a GSSF membership and get it for slightly more ($425)

Eurodriver
03-22-14, 14:58
Just look up your local blue label dealers. To qualify you must be LE, fire/ems, or military, or you can get a GSSF membership and get it for slightly more ($425)

Maybe I should start over.

I just bought a Glock through the Blue label program yesterday. They charged me $450. Apparently that's an issue. I will give people the information for the dealer if they want to call Glock and complain.

I, however, also would like info on where dealers are selling non blue label Glocks for $450.

The reason I say this is because I have been on the internet long enough to know that people usually embellish what great deals they can get as if to sound important. I also plan on buying more Glocks so if I can get them cheaper I'm down with that.

JoePike
03-22-14, 15:08
$389 plus tax here.

remington79
03-22-14, 15:25
First responder blue label is the $398. If you have to go through GSSF like I did the price is $425. I double checked the receipt and I paid $482 because of night sights. I paid $57 for night sights already installed. That's a good deal because otherwise I would be paying $80 to $100 for some Trijicons and then pay to get them on. the $29 sales tax was added onto that. I still came ahead. Around here Gen 3s without night sights start at $500 and Gen 4s without night sights start at $559. Then you still need to add another $100 for night sights.

If that guy is charging you more than the $425 or $398 base price (depending on what blue label program you have to use) he is conducting some shady business practices. I would avoid him altogether if that's the case. Who knows what else he might be doing. If the higher price is with sales tax or night sights then yes it will be above the $25. It's even mentioned on the GSSF webpage talking about the blue label program saying that night sights and sales tax are not included.

http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSF_Pistol_Purchase_Program_Information.pdf

3. Member*is*responsible*for*any*taxes*or*fees*as*is*required*by*the*local,*state,*and*federal*laws.*

Eurodriver
03-22-14, 15:52
First responder blue label is the $398. If you have to go through GSSF like I did the price is $425. I double checked the receipt and I paid $482 because of night sights. I paid $57 for night sights already installed. That's a good deal because otherwise I would be paying $80 to $100 for some Trijicons and then pay to get them on. the $29 sales tax was added onto that. I still came ahead. Around here Gen 3s without night sights start at $500 and Gen 4s without night sights start at $559. Then you still need to add another $100 for night sights.

If that guy is charging you more than the $425 or $398 base price (depending on what blue label program you have to use) he is conducting some shady business practices. I would avoid him altogether if that's the case. Who knows what else he might be doing. If the higher price is with sales tax or night sights then yes it will be above the $25. It's even mentioned on the GSSF webpage talking about the blue label program saying that night sights and sales tax are not included.

http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSF_Pistol_Purchase_Program_Information.pdf

3. Member*is*responsible*for*any*taxes*or*fees*as*is*required*by*the*local,*state,*and*federal*laws.*

Thanks for the info. Yes, my dealer definitely charged me $450 + tax and a background check for a G17 Blue Label without night sights through the .mil/LEO pricing program (not GSSF). I wasn't under any impression that this was "wrong" until I posted here, as I was so excited to finally get my G17 for under $600 - the $450 seemed like a great deal.

Seems like I really don't have a course of action anymore, however. I already bought it.

whick1
03-22-14, 19:14

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_43/products_id/13711/Glock+19+G3+9mm+15RD+FS
The gen 4s are a little higher.
Their 1st responder site budspolicesupply.com sell the Blue labels for $398 with regular sites at their retail store but they do not sell online. Seems like i heard that blue labels were not supposed to be sold online.

C-grunt
03-22-14, 19:45
Maybe I should start over.

I just bought a Glock through the Blue label program yesterday. They charged me $450. Apparently that's an issue. I will give people the information for the dealer if they want to call Glock and complain.

I, however, also would like info on where dealers are selling non blue label Glocks for $450.

The reason I say this is because I have been on the internet long enough to know that people usually embellish what great deals they can get as if to sound important. I also plan on buying more Glocks so if I can get them cheaper I'm down with that.

Scottsdale Gun Club in Scottsdale Az has been selling blue label Glocks (non 45/10mm) for 398 for at least as long as Ive been a cop which is 7 years. 45/10mm models are right around 450-460 if I remember correctly. These are all with standard sights. The models with night sites are abour 50-60 bucks more. Hell I was just there last week and they had a blue label 34 for 480 bucks.

Psalms144.1
03-23-14, 08:50
As others have stated, unless there was a 2014 price increase, Blue Label pricing on G19/17/23/22 "standard" guns is $398.20 + tax. If your "Blue Label" dealer is selling them for more than that, you can contact Glock and they won't be a "blue label" dealer anymore...

Socom Elite
03-25-14, 19:37
I paid $487.26 out the door for a gen 4 g23 with night sights

djegators
03-25-14, 21:13
Euro, I believe we are located in the same region...may I inquire what dealer you used? I do not know all of the LEO dealers, but I am quite familiar with the relatively few GSSF dealers here.

Vendetta
03-29-14, 11:24
Everyone has already commented on the prices... I've always done the $398 for blue labels, because I hate the 3 dot sights, but the night sight versions are only $450'ish... I'm not entirely sure since I don't deal with them. I have always used GT Distributors in Texas, they also have a store in Georgia. They've been very great to deal with, I'm not sure about their shipping policies, but anyone in Texas or Georgia can use them. I've also purchased Sigs through them through their LE program.

C4IGrant
03-29-14, 12:04
As others have stated, unless there was a 2014 price increase, Blue Label pricing on G19/17/23/22 "standard" guns is $398.20 + tax. If your "Blue Label" dealer is selling them for more than that, you can contact Glock and they won't be a "blue label" dealer anymore...

There are two types of Glock LE resellers. Dealer and Distributor. Distributors have MUUUUUCH better profit margins and is why they can sell them at $398. Dealers pay way more for them and is why the suggested price (which is set by Glock) is $425. Please understand the difference before stating that any Glock LE reseller that sells over $398 is wrong.

C4

Psalms144.1
03-29-14, 12:13
Grant - I stand corrected, apologies. I'm just venting at this point, as the "Blue Label" dealers in my neck of the woods are offering the great price of $525-550 for Blue Label guns.

C4IGrant
03-29-14, 13:11
Grant - I stand corrected, apologies. I'm just venting at this point, as the "Blue Label" dealers in my neck of the woods are offering the great price of $525-550 for Blue Label guns.

A lot of people misunderstand the two prices on the guns and just think the "evil" dealer is screwing them. Quite honestly, the sub-d program pretty much sucks (lots of extra paper work to do for little money). So I can fully understand why a dealer would raise the price over the $425 (which I believe they are allowed to do). For us, we sell them at the $425 price as a favor to our local first responder community in an effort to give thanks for all that they do.

C4

dookie1481
04-02-14, 18:51

My store sells Gen 3 for 499 and Gen 4 for 549.

The 398 Blue Label is LE distributor pricing. Sub-distributors usually charge 425.

KCBRUIN
04-02-14, 20:49
Since the topic is Glock Blue label rants/raves I guess I would be on the rave side considering I have 2 gen 4 17's, 2 gen 4 19's, and a gen 3 26 all blue label. All for $425, because I get them from the local shop not GT distributors who is the primary distributor for Glocks here.