PDA

View Full Version : First Healthcare.gov failed now we have this .Gov failure. Guess who they blame!

DragonDoc
03-21-14, 16:38
Some of us live in free states and are allowed to own NFA items. We were all very pleased when the e-file system went on-line and stamps were approved in 4 to 6 weeks. Now the system is unstable and guess who the ATF wishes to blame. How can users be the blame for your unstable system when we are only using it as it was designed? I hope this system didn't cost half a billion to program and implement.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/03/foghorn/disgruntled-ffls-claim-austins-silencer-shop-single-handedly-crashing-atfs-e-forms-system/

I love this shop by the way. Great customer service.

SteyrAUG
03-21-14, 16:53
I've already been warned away from the E file system. Never mind the ATF webpage doesn't support things like Mozilla browsers. Still doing it the old fashioned way until somebody comes up with an actual improvement.

DragonDoc
03-21-14, 17:10
I've already been warned away from the E file system. Never mind the ATF webpage doesn't support things like Mozilla browsers. Still doing it the old fashioned way until somebody comes up with an actual improvement.

Paper is a sure fire way to get your stamp but wait times are nearly 12 months. E-file is faster is you can get on. I wish they would hire quality programmers so the code wouldn't suck.

kwelz
03-21-14, 18:12
Can you still only e-file as a trust?

TAZ
03-25-14, 10:24
Paper is a sure fire way to get your stamp but wait times are nearly 12 months. E-file is faster is you can get on. I wish they would hire quality programmers so the code wouldn't suck.

I think people miss the point of the e file system. See it's no longer some ATF beaurocrat a fault that it takes forever to clear NFA paperwork. Now it's the network's fault, or some faceless code error or name your favorite unaccountable patsy.