PDA

View Full Version : Another Officer Down

sandman99and9
03-22-14, 09:41
We just had another LEO killed in the line of duty last night. Windemere police officer Robert German was killed when checking on 2 suspicious people. Both of the suspects are dead, possible suicide.

What the hell is going on ? This happened right in my area not more than a 1/2 mile from where we lost Deputy Pine 2 months ago !! This just shows that bad things can happen anywhere and at any time.

Thoughts and prayers go out to officer Germans family, friends, and fellow officers of the Windemere P.D.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/windermere-police-officer-shot/25103548

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/windermere-police-officer-robert-german-killed-in-shooting/25103412?tru=AUj9E#mid=18669890

To all of you LEO's out there, stay safe and make sure you come home to your families.

S.M.

Voodoo_Man
03-22-14, 09:45
As the temperature rises so does the violence, this is not new of course, just a fact.

Thank you for your service Officer R. German. Rest easy, we'll take it from here.

BufordTJustice
03-22-14, 09:58
****. Deputy Pine was from my agency. This is proof what my old captain said is coming true; as tourists pour into our area to stay, so do the criminals.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

sandman99and9
03-22-14, 10:03
Buford, are you with OCSO ? I live in Ocoee and know several of the Ocoee PD officers and others that work in the dept. What the heck is going on with this stuff in the Windemere area lately ? That is such a nice area.

S.M.

BufordTJustice
03-22-14, 10:05
Buford, are you with OCSO ? I live in Ocoee and know several of the Ocoee PD officers and others that work in the dept. What the heck is going on with this stuff in the Windemere area lately ? That is such a nice area.

S.M.

Yeah brother, I'm with the SO. I don't get it. Many are not from the area.

Mauser KAR98K
03-22-14, 10:40
Yeah brother, I'm with the SO. I don't get it. Many are not from the area.

NY tax policy. Nice climate. Disney World. Would be my guess. (Sheriff Kevin Berry sill sheriff?)

Used to live in Brevard.

R.I.P. Officer German.

BufordTJustice
03-22-14, 10:47
NY tax policy. Nice climate. Disney World. Would be my guess. (Sheriff Kevin Berry sill sheriff?)

Used to live in Brevard.

R.I.P. Officer German.

Kevin has moved onto bigger and better things. Jerry Demmings is Sheriff now.

SeriousStudent
03-22-14, 13:50
My thoughts and prayers are with Officer German, his family and fellow officers.

Be safe, guys.

BIGUGLY
03-22-14, 16:44
Thoughts to the family and fellow officers. All others stay safe.

I hate to admit this but I usually check odmp.org three or more times a week while I'm in my patrol car on the computer. If nothing else just a reminder of how things can go and also a way to help from getting complacent on "routine" situations.

C-grunt
03-22-14, 19:53
Shit has been getting crazy here in Phoenix the last few months. We had two fugitive apprehension detectives shot a couple weeks ago and one didn't make it. We had another officer shot a couple months ago but luckily he is doing okay. There has been like 3 officer involved shootings in the last two weeks or so. Seems like this is happening around the country.

My guess is most departments are having the same budget problems that we are. We haven't hired anyone since 2008 and are down about 500 officers, about 15-20 percent of the department. Citizens here are openly complaining about the lack of police coverage and criminals seem to be getting more brazen because of it.

Magic_Salad0892
03-22-14, 21:22
Prayers to the fallen officer. Rest easy, sir.

Iraqgunz
03-23-14, 00:34
I was just telling my wife the same thing. PPD has had a rough last few months. Also, other areas.

Shit has been getting crazy here in Phoenix the last few months. We had two fugitive apprehension detectives shot a couple weeks ago and one didn't make it. We had another officer shot a couple months ago but luckily he is doing okay. There has been like 3 officer involved shootings in the last two weeks or so. Seems like this is happening around the country.

My guess is most departments are having the same budget problems that we are. We haven't hired anyone since 2008 and are down about 500 officers, about 15-20 percent of the department. Citizens here are openly complaining about the lack of police coverage and criminals seem to be getting more brazen because of it.

Belmont31R
03-23-14, 02:40

Holy crap. Down 500? Is this state funding or local?

C-grunt
03-23-14, 08:40
Holy crap. Down 500? Is this state funding or local?

It's local. In 2008 we had 3300 and we are down around 2800 now. We aren't hiring until 2016-2017.

Caduceus
03-23-14, 10:12

Maybe your chief/sheriff will come to the same conclusion as the top cop in Detroit and tell the citizens to be prepared to take care of things themselves.

Still, that's an incredible number. I can think of probably a dozen people that would take a PD or FD job in a heartbeat. Hell, I'd join up just to be a SWAT medic (it would be quite a pay cut, but much more exciting overall)

BufordTJustice
03-23-14, 10:19

I can't say how much we are down, but I'm in a similar boat at my agency. And we're losing more to retirement and other area agencies than we are hiring. We've been bleeding manpower like this for at least three years.

It's unsustainable, to say the least.

Eurodriver
03-23-14, 10:43
Local NAACP chapter and other Orlando based liberal groups are already blaming the LEO for his own death, saying if he had just left those two people alone who weren't doing anything wrong, he would still be alive. They also claim there was no suicide by the perps. Instead it must have been a "summary execution" by police.

I wonder what a bad guy would have to do to get these people to say "Okay, the criminal was wrong. My condolences to the LEOs family."

Voodoo_Man
03-23-14, 11:09
Local NAACP chapter and other Orlando based liberal groups are already blaming the LEO for his own death, saying if he had just left those two people alone who weren't doing anything wrong, he would still be alive. They also claim there was no suicide by the perps. Instead it must have been a "summary execution" by police.

I wonder what a bad guy would have to do to get these people to say "Okay, the criminal was wrong. My condolences to the LEOs family."

For those people, the LEO's are always wrong, even when they are right, even when there is not a single piece of negative evidence in any form, they are in the wrong.

These people need to be disregarded and not paid any mind to.

C-grunt
03-23-14, 11:10
Maybe your chief/sheriff will come to the same conclusion as the top cop in Detroit and tell the citizens to be prepared to take care of things themselves.

Still, that's an incredible number. I can think of probably a dozen people that would take a PD or FD job in a heartbeat. Hell, I'd join up just to be a SWAT medic (it would be quite a pay cut, but much more exciting overall)

or SWAT medic is a trauma surgeon who became a reserve officer. I highly doubt it would be a pay cut. Lol.

Either way with the amount of call out and overtime those guys get they have to be making close to 100k a year.

BufordTJustice
03-23-14, 11:14

They say those things until somebody breaks into their house or rapes their wife/daughter. Then they make comments about us sitting around eating donuts all day.

We're f*cked either way.

They're a lovely bunch of race-baiters, aren't they?

EDIT: I'm fully aware that the suspects were both white. The agenda remains the same.

Eurodriver
03-23-14, 13:20
EDIT: I'm fully aware that the suspects were both white. The agenda remains the same.

Agreed.
Lots of questions.

Why did the officer stop these two kids anyway? What makes an 18 year old and his girlfriend decide to off an LEO because of a simple suspicious person stop?

Scary stuff.

Iraqgunz
03-23-14, 15:02
Something is very strange here. I hope that we are able to learn something from the ballistics testing. Why were they stopped? What was suspicious that caused him to request back up? How did they get the drop on him and why would they then kill themselves or murder suicide?

Sensei
03-23-14, 15:19
They say those things until somebody breaks into their house or rapes their wife/daughter. Then they make comments about us sitting around eating donuts all day.

We're f*cked either way.

They're a lovely bunch of race-baiters, aren't they?

Kinda like this gem:

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/23041711/bronx-teen-killed-in-police-involved-shooting

Relatives of 14-year-old Shaaliver Douse are questioning what happened, but the NYPD says the incident and police response was quite clear. Police say around 3:00 a.m. Sunday, two rookie officers heard gunshots near East 151st Street and Courtlandt Avenue in the Melrose section and saw the boy running after someone with a gun in his hand.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly say Douse did not put down the weapon when ordered to do so by police. An officer fired, striking him once in the jaw – killing him. Kelly says the officer’s actions saved the intended target’s life....Law enforcement sources tell Fox 5 it was not the first time Douse had fired a gun. NYPD surveillance video from May shows an incident when the 14-year-old allegedly shot another teen. He was charged with attempted murder in that incident, but the charge was downgraded to a weapons possession charge after key witnesses recanted their testimony.

HES
03-23-14, 21:18
My GF was talking about this today. She's a dispatcher and has a a trainee who is driving her nuts. He relies on the GPS and constantly fails to copy the officers true location. I hope like hell that isn't the case here.

sandman99and9
03-24-14, 18:22
Update with some info on the suspects. The girl was originally from England and they both were from Davenport. The car was found in Kissimmee and they were walking in Windemere ?? Something is very strange here. Did they walk from Kissimmee all the way there ? Suspects father lives in Windemere from this report.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/teen-connected-to-officer-slaying-threatened-mom-with-ax-polk-deputies-say/25134078

S.M.

sandman99and9
03-24-14, 19:55
Honor flag arrives at OIA for officer Robert German.

http://www.wesh.com/news/Raw-video-Honor-Flag-arrives-at-OIA-for-fallen-officer-Robert-German/25141258#!Be9Y3

S.M.