PDA

View Full Version : Bolt/Pin Miad plug

tinman44
05-26-08, 13:12
bolt fits fine, but i'm having issues with the firing pin fiting correctly. the nubin at the base of the plug, should it sit on that or between that and the tube for the bolt? what about the small platform, it looks like the firing pin collar should go under that. should i file the nubin at the base off or at an angle till it fits? the firing pin is at an angle and dosent fit tight to the tube. i cant really take pictures as i only have an auto focus digital camera and cant focus that close.

tinman44
05-26-08, 14:51
here is a picture from TOS where it apears to be missing, this is a modded core though so its possible this guy removed it, and i plan to if magpul has no good ideas.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/2669/miadcore3sa9.jpg

tinman44
05-26-08, 14:57
ok i've been googling for almost an hour on this, i cant find any pictures anywhere with the little nub at the base of the plug, i guess i'm going to remove it, it shouldnt affect anything. i've also inspected this and found this must be the point of detachment after molding, it would appear someone didnt clip mine close enough, problem solved (filed it down)