PDA

View Full Version : Pistol grip for M203 grenade launcher.

Maineshooter
03-24-14, 21:11
A friend of mine has a son who is shipping back to Afghanistan for another tour. He was wants to buy him a pistol grip for the m203. He hasn't had much luck online. Can anyone point him in the right direction for me? I really can't help him here as I am out of my depth. thanks. Also - I am pretty sure this is in the correct forum but if it isn't please move it.

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk

Dave_M
03-24-14, 21:47
A friend of mine has a son who is shipping back to Afghanistan for another tour. He was wants to buy him a pistol grip for the m203. He hasn't had much luck online. Can anyone point him in the right direction for me? I really can't help him here as I am out of my depth. thanks. Also - I am pretty sure this is in the correct forum but if it isn't please move it.

Ah I remember these. I recall they were expensive as shit.

Yup, found them. $250 a pop
http://ustacticalsupply.com/m203grips.aspx?gclid=CKqRmMDOlK0CFSwBQAodhxezkw

Maineshooter
03-24-14, 22:10
Wow - that is expensive. Don't know what I am looking at, but is there anything decent in a lower price bracket? I didn't expect the price to be quit that high. Thanks for the link.

CRAMBONE
03-25-14, 00:23
My grenadier bought one for a deployment. I remember them being expensive, overly long, adding extra weight and just not really being useful. Of course to each their own. Good luck in your search.

Dave_M
03-25-14, 01:31
Wow - that is expensive. Don't know what I am looking at, but is there anything decent in a lower price bracket? I didn't expect the price to be quit that high. Thanks for the link.

Limited market + .gov purchaser doesn't usually lead to a low price, unfortunately. I don't recall any other direct attach VFGs but there are some rail attachments that bolt in place. Then whatever VFG is desired can be attached. A quick search only netted me CAA though
http://www.opticsplanet.com/caa-m203-launcher-3-rail-adapter.html
Another (also by CAA/TDI)
http://store.commandarms.com/products/XGL203.html

Iraqgunz
03-25-14, 02:55
They are a waste of money. I am also willing to bet that there are plenty of them laying around in some arms room. If he can't find one, he's not looking hard enough.

Maineshooter
03-25-14, 05:46
Thanks for the reply guys. I will forward them along.

kaltesherz
03-25-14, 16:00
Just a waste of money. Buy him some good pouches to replace the garbage that gets issued.

Maineshooter
04-02-14, 15:05
Message delivered. He appreciates the input.

BLUECORD114
04-11-14, 13:17
I bought one from another team leader back in 06. I still have it in my house somewhere. I will second the fact that they add weight and are somewhat cumbersome. I ended up taking it off after a few months. If you want pm me and I will mail it to him. Least I can do for a fellow vet.

Maineshooter
04-14-14, 09:54
Bluecord - thanks for that offer. I sent you a PM with an address for my buddy. His son is shipping out in a couple of weeks if you do find it.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk