PDA

View Full Version : Elzetta 650/900 Lumen AVS Light Head Review

Quiet Riot
03-25-14, 05:44
Elzetta's new AVS light head has a pretty interesting design. Its auto voltage sensing (hence, "AVS") circuitry allows it to be used on either a two cell body for 650 peak lumens or a 3 cell body for 900 peak lumens. You can get the AVS as part of a complete flashlight, but one of the best features of Elzetta lights is that they are completely modular- upgrading an older ZFL-M60 light to the AVS is a piece of cake.

I show the difference between the light of the original 235 lumen M60, the 650 lumen 2-cell AVS, and the 900 lumen 3-cell AVS, including spot and flood lenses. I also talk a bit about what you need to consider when choosing between the two light heads. 900 lumens is a *lot* of light, and you really need to think about whether you're best served with that or with the M60 light head, which produces a steady 235 lumens for a very long time.

My choice has been to use my 3 cell AVS as my EDC (I live in the woods, and the light is very helpful), and stick with a 2-cell M60 mounted on my AR15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtzrMM3vNIk