PDA

View Full Version : Tv horrow shows

St.Michael
03-25-14, 19:33
I think its interesting that these channels that use to be more educational or old school are now showing all these super violent shows. Hannibal vikings true detective the walking dead. I guess they just had to change to keep up?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

SilverBullet432
03-25-14, 19:55
They also show stupid shows (lol) very stupid shows, shows so stupid, I don't even watch TV anymore..

St.Michael
03-25-14, 19:56
Well I dont have cable. Was just noticing how much their content had changed so much

SteveS
03-25-14, 20:17
Don't have cable pretty much, TV sucks.

Onyx Z
03-25-14, 20:19
Well I dont have cable. Was just noticing how much their content had changed so much

I think you're the only other person in the USA that doesn't have cable besides me.

Simple explanation: people love violence.

Moose-Knuckle
03-25-14, 20:32
You mean like how The Learning Channel has such gems as Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo?

FYI, Vikings and The Walking Dead are actually good shows and some of the very few I take the time to watch but yeah, The History channel is not really educational. Their best series to date was Tales of the Gun, but yeah if that is all they did they would not be in business very long. The sheep herd needs fodder to keep them "entertained" aka dumbed down.

Moose-Knuckle
03-25-14, 20:35
I think you're the only other person in the USA that doesn't have cable besides me.

I don't have cable, one of the biggest ripoffs that people keep throwing money at. I watch what ever I so desire via the internet . . . for now.

Ryno12
03-25-14, 20:41
You mean like how The Learning Channel has such gems as Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo?

If there's one channel that has become complete and utter dog shit, it's The Learning Channel. Years ago, there was a slight chance of actually getting smarter after watching it. Now, you're guaranteed to get dumber.

Sent via Tapatalk

SilverBullet432
03-25-14, 20:45
Discovery has gone to shits too

Onyx Z
03-25-14, 21:07
I don't have cable, one of the biggest ripoffs that people keep throwing money at. I watch what ever I so desire via the internet . . . for now.

I don't have that luxury either. I'm damn near the blistering speed of 56k. I can barely watch YouTube. Oh, the joys of an old, out-of-date house.

I don't think cable is a ripoff in itself, I think the price they charge is a ripoff. I would have it if it weren't ~$100 a month.

gun71530
03-25-14, 22:36
Hannibal, Walking Dead, Vikings, and True Detective are all fantastic shows, maybe you guys are just lame. Lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

St.Michael
03-25-14, 22:48
Oh I love all the shows mentioned. Probably why I have noticed the changes so much

gun71530
03-25-14, 22:57
Oh I love all the shows mentioned. Probably why I have noticed the changes so much

Good, they're leaps and bounds above most of the dumb shit on TV.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Jellybean
03-25-14, 23:01
I don't have that luxury either. I'm damn near the blistering speed of 56k. I can barely watch YouTube. Oh, the joys of an old, out-of-date house.

I don't think cable is a ripoff in itself, I think the price they charge is a ripoff. I would have it if it weren't ~$100 a month.

And I thought I was the only one with pathetic internet in the age of people complaining their internet is "slow" when it takes a video 2 minutes to load instead of 1. Onyx- you could try sattellite internet like Excede or something- videos like youtube will work (probably still can't stream shows), however there is a usage limit which totally sucks balls, and you pay a lot for it. But.... it's way better than dial up...

As far as tv channels going to shit... yeah, it's pretty much all a waste at this point. I used to love History channel- now it's turning into another discovery/spikes/"tru"Tv BS channel full of stupid hillbilly and pawn shows. And then of course if the content isn't complete bullshit, on the off chance there's something worth watching on, you get about 15 minutes of actual show, and 45 minutes of commercials and retarded "recaps" after each commercial break.
At this point I'm pretty much only watching movies and tv series for the previous reasons....

St.Michael
03-27-14, 21:02
You guys enjoy deadwood?

Moose-Knuckle
03-27-14, 21:10
You guys enjoy deadwood?

Its actually on my list of things to watch, never saw it when it was running. I like Westerns and I like Timothy Olyphant so I'd imagine that I would enjoy it.

Belmont31R
03-27-14, 21:16
You guys enjoy deadwood?

I did but it got boring. The first 2 seasons are pretty good then it becomes a drug out story where one episode just runs into the next and it's like you've seen it before.

Endur
03-28-14, 00:03
This is why I use Netflix and Hulu+. I don't have cable either, and I have a cool neighbor who I give some money every now and then and they let me use their wireless. They are never home either, haha.