PDA

View Full Version : Which political radio personality to listen to?

TriviaMonster
03-27-14, 01:06
I listen to a little bit of all the non lib crowd, Savage (a bit crazy), Rush, Hannity, and a few others. But I'm not sure any of the guys really speak to me.

Most of them I can't wrap my head around. Gimme a solution, easy to listen, well informed BS free radio. I like Herman Caine and Savage is uh, entertaining, but a lot of what I hear is just guys with a god complex pimping their own agenda. Gimme something worthwhile guys.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mauser KAR98K
03-27-14, 01:20
I would say Niel Boortz, but he retired. Andrew Wilcow is insightful but is bras with his callers. Mark Levin is top notch. I get Phil Valentine from Nashville a lot. Cool guy and his Friday's "Who's Dancing in the Booth" can be outrageous. San-Fran Nan has appeared a few times.

TriviaMonster
03-27-14, 01:35
I have heard Mark Levin a few times, including tonight, and enjoyed him. Is he always solid?

Magic_Salad0892
03-27-14, 02:30
Mark Levin is pretty alright. I like him.

GeorgiaBoy
03-27-14, 02:43
I like Mark Levin.

Moose-Knuckle
03-27-14, 03:05
Savage and Levin are the only two I listen to, to date the only thing that I can remember that I did not agree with Savage on was the George Zimmerman trial. He sided with the whole "murdered child crowd" . . . :bad:

ThirdWatcher
03-27-14, 05:09
I haven't listened to talk radio since John B. Wells got invited to leave Coast-to-Coast AM. (I do like Mark Levin, but I don't have SiriusXM at work.)

NCPatrolAR
03-27-14, 05:58
People I listen to (in no particular order):

Andrew Wilkow
Mike Church
David Webb
Glen Beck
Mark Levin

Sensei
03-27-14, 06:13
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned Jason Lewis. He and Andrew Wilkow are my favorites.

duece71
03-27-14, 06:14
The greaseman out of DC! LOL, I doubt "death by gootaunga" would fly the airwaves in todays world. Mostly listen to Rush, he can get to be a bit much sometimes, other than him, Levin and Hannity and sometimes Savage.

Palmguy
03-27-14, 06:56
Glenn Beck (not everyone's cup of tea but I've been listening to him for 13-14 years or so, I like him)
Pat & Stu: Producers for Beck's show, they have a show of their own that is lighter/more entertaining
Buck Sexton: works for The Blaze, more of a focus on foreign policy/national security. On Soundcloud on demand or iheartradio 12-2pm eastern (The Blaze).
Daily podcast from Kevin Williamson and Charles C.W. Cooke (National Review)

Watch Wilkow's TV show occasionally.

Watrdawg
03-27-14, 07:12
I listen to Rush, Hannity, Levin and Beck. There's things I like and dislike about all of them but usually the base info they put out is solid.

Whiskey_Bravo
03-27-14, 08:14
Mark Davis here in DFW. I will listen to the others sometimes if they are on. Mark Levin's voice starts to get to me, especially when he gets fired up.

montanadave
03-27-14, 08:19
None. Zip, nada, nuttin.

I'd rather listen to a 24/7 Rush (the band, not the blowhard) station. And I despise Rush (the band . . . well, the blowhard too, but that goes without saying).

Amp Mangum
03-27-14, 08:20
Mark Levin, Glen Beck and Rush.

C4IGrant
03-27-14, 08:20
I like Mark Levin.

Yep.

C4

C4IGrant
03-27-14, 08:21

Andrew Wilkow
Mike Church
David Webb
Glen Beck
Mark Levin

All strong choices.

C4

yellowfin
03-27-14, 09:04
Wilkow and Levin I listen to the most. Beck and Limbaugh get too distracted at times or spend 3 hours on one topic following where the press leads instead of doing their job which is to pick up what they ignore.

NCPatrolAR
03-27-14, 09:10
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned Jason Lewis. He and Andrew Wilkow are my favorites.

I thought Lewis was horrible when he was local here. Every show was basically a repeat of all of his shows (focused almost solely on smart growth). He is better on national topics though

markm
03-27-14, 09:12
I always got a kick out of Savage. He was half nuts, but usually made me laugh.

Doc Safari
03-27-14, 09:27
I listened to Jerry Doyle in 2009 and 2010. He used to be on Wall Street and he had solid guests and SME's concerning the financial problems of QE and whatnot. Pity we can't get him in this area anymore.

Dittos to John B. Wells and the sad circumstances that led him to being kicked off Coast to Coast. I would rather Coast to Coast had gone more in Wells' direction. Wells has his own website subscription radio program now IIRC.

Rush was in his heyday in the 1990's. He's still good but like an aging Johnny Carson. The rest of conservatism is to the right of the Republicans now. Hannity may as well close up shop: he's STILL nothing but a water carrier for the Republicans even though he tries to say he's an independent conservative now.

Savage has improved. I used to think he was just a blowhard, but at least he talks about things that the others won't at times.

Rusty Humphries? The guy has abandoned his own show over a dispute with TRN and Roy Masters subs now. Roy Masters teaches some cult-like self-hypnosis technique and isn't a true conservative talk host.

Bill Cunningham lost me over his wildly inaccurate assurances that Romney would win Ohio.

It's sad for me to say it, and I can't believe I'm hearing myself type it, but the world is getting to be so nuts that Alex Jones is starting to sound normal. That is truly frightening.

I like Glenn Beck, but his radio show is poisoned by his two pseudo-comedian sidekicks. Watch his TV show on the Blaze instead.

Other than that, the rest of the conservative talk radio field is just melting down I think. Local affiliates used to carry people like Mark Levin, Laura Ingraham, Monica Crowley, etc. I think all but Crowley are gone and she's almost used as filler on Sunday afternoons.

sandman99and9
03-27-14, 09:29
I drive a lot for my job so I get to listen to the radio throughout the day. I catch Herman Cain in the morning followed by Clark Howard then Hannity later on. I like the the Herman Cain show. Not so much self promotion like Rush. I catch Beck when I get up to north Florida but not around Orlando.

S.M.

jmp45
03-27-14, 09:50
Rush, Beck, Hannity and Levin here. I had no idea Cain had a show, I'll have to check that out.

TriviaMonster
03-27-14, 10:15
Wow! I have quite a few new choices to check out.

Herman Cains show is excellent and easy to listen to and follow.

Last night (and this is what sparked my interest to create this thread) I listened to Savage Nation while I drove for about 2.5 hours. He is on the same page as me, but is so cryptic and strange. At one point point he was reading excerpts from his action novel about god knows what. He said one day we will realize he is the Mark Twain of his generation. Then he played a 7yo call from his mom about food they used to eat. My god! Maybe those are where they normally put commercials because I was listening online in the car.

Anyways, I really appreciate the suggestions and I will hopefully find something to suit my taste as everyone is online and has podcasts nowadays.

TriviaMonster
03-27-14, 10:21
I haven't listened to talk radio since John B. Wells got invited to leave Coast-to-Coast AM. (I do like Mark Levin, but I don't have SiriusXM at work.)

I caught a little of Levin last night and he mentioned his own app which may free you of your listening restraints at work. Haven't tried the app, but I enjoyed his show (only heard him a few times).

brickboy240
03-27-14, 10:30
I mostly listen to Mark Levin but lately, I find Michael Savage to be agreeable. He reminds me of my grandad..minus the Bronx accent. LOL

I catch bits of Rush now and then and local firebrand Michael Berry as well.

-brickboy240

cinco
03-27-14, 11:29
Lately, been listening to Levin in the evening.

Pat Campbell out of KFAQ 1170 (see you're MO & OK so might be able to pick him up out of Tulsa). He's the early morning host and good on many regional issues.

Onyx Z
03-27-14, 13:55
Michael Berry here!

Moose-Knuckle
03-27-14, 16:01
How are all you guys listening to the radio? Half of the names listed here are not available in my area. Satellite radio?

Moose-Knuckle
03-27-14, 16:07
To add to my first post of Savage and Levin, I'll add Dennis Prager and John-David Wells. I wish I could listen to their programs in there entirety but due to my schedule I'm lucky to get thirty minutes here and there.

Caeser25
03-27-14, 16:22
The only one listen to rug partly was Quinn and rose in the morning. Quinn was awesome. Rise was just another hannity but she was only on 2or 3 times a week.

skydivr
03-27-14, 16:33
Levin is straight up.

I live in Nashville, so I get Phil daily. There's a guy here local in the morning I really enjoy, Michael DelGiorno he's really good.

NCPatrolAR
03-27-14, 17:26
How are all you guys listening to the radio? Half of the names listed here are not available in my area. Satellite radio?

Sirius

SteyrAUG
03-27-14, 17:30
Honestly, none of them.

I don't need right wing propaganda to tell me how to think about events any more than I need left wing propaganda to tell me about events. The news is already heavily biased and slanted as it is, I don't need an extra helping of presentation.

I wish we had a neutral news that simply told you want happened today with no editorial view whatsoever. I don't need the good guy and the bad guy identified for me or told how I should feel about them. I can decide for myself.

WillBrink
03-27-14, 17:41
None for me. I just never like radio personalities. Used to listen to Stern before he went per pay for the laughs, but no interest in political views per radio personality.

Palmguy
03-27-14, 18:16

Iheartradio and Soundcloud on my phone. Free, just have to use data. Also, TuneIn.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Trajan
03-27-14, 18:40
I've listened to Rush on occasion (Grandfather has been listening to him since the early 90's).

Don't care for Levin. He can't control his emotions, so to me he isn't someone to take seriously.

I am pretty much with Steyr on this though. I pretty much quit paying attention to politics after the 2012 election. Too depressing worrying about stuff you have no control over.

sandman99and9
03-27-14, 19:23
Rush, Beck, Hannity and Levin here. I had no idea Cain had a show, I'll have to check that out.

Herman Cain took over for Neil Bortz.

S.M.

tb-av
03-27-14, 22:02
I forget their names when they sit in... but I think Mark Davis is good. I hear him on either Rush or Beck. There is a guy named Doc Thompson and I think he must have a show associated with Beck's network now. He was local here and he's a good guy. He goofs around a bit sometimes but man if he gets his sight set on someone he doesn't let up. Which is really good for a local host. He got heavily involved with VA gun rights and he's pretty smart all the way around. I don't know what happened but I think he had just renewed a contract and he was getting married. I think she too was in the news media here. Anyway.. they went on their honeymoon and no more Doc... I think they fired him while he was away. Never did hear what happened... but he seemed like a real honest person. I think it's more than just a job for him. Really strange because the station is all day conservative talk radio. Savage... I haven't heard him in years but I just have to believe that he is simply happy being who he is and not overly concerned about a cause. I like some of this new stuff Rush is doing too making Children's books and trying to cover a much wider audience than before. I don't think I have ever heard Levin, I can't imagine what time he is on, unless he's on a different station. Everybody seems to like him though.

weggy
03-27-14, 22:05
None, they all kill brain cells!

Belmont31R
03-27-14, 22:07

I heart radio.

Glenn Beck also has a podcast of his daily radio show. Given my new profession podcasts are great.

Mauser KAR98K
03-27-14, 23:52
Levin is straight up.

I live in Nashville, so I get Phil daily. There's a guy here local in the morning I really enjoy, Michael DelGiorno he's really good.

DelGiorno has terrific insight and brings up news and topics that are even glossed over by the heavy hitters mentioned here. What makes me change from him to Beck is the over emphasis of Christianity. I understand where he comes from, but at times it seems very pushy.

Cookeville area. Once the sun goes down and the line of terminator crosses, I loose about every radio station except the bible-thumper broadcasts, and the bluegrass.

Collegefour
03-28-14, 04:04
I listen to Charley Jones and Red Eye Radio with Gary McNamara and Eric Harley.

Alex V
03-28-14, 07:46
I try to keep politics off the radio. I mostly listen to Stern in the car, but when Robyn starts in on one of her leftist rants I just switch to the country station or something until she shuts up.

If I have to listen to political news, I might as well get some enjoyment out of it, so I'll watch Fox News. At least they have hot chicks on, some how hearing that we are slowly circling the bowl does not seem so bad when you have a hot chick telling you.

Palmguy
03-28-14, 07:49
I forget their names when they sit in... but I think Mark Davis is good. I hear him on either Rush or Beck. There is a guy named Doc Thompson and I think he must have a show associated with Beck's network now. He was local here and he's a good guy. He goofs around a bit sometimes but man if he gets his sight set on someone he doesn't let up. Which is really good for a local host. He got heavily involved with VA gun rights and he's pretty smart all the way around. I don't know what happened but I think he had just renewed a contract and he was getting married. I think she too was in the news media here. Anyway.. they went on their honeymoon and no more Doc... I think they fired him while he was away. Never did hear what happened... but he seemed like a real honest person. I think it's more than just a job for him. Really strange because the station is all day conservative talk radio. Savage... I haven't heard him in years but I just have to believe that he is simply happy being who he is and not overly concerned about a cause. I like some of this new stuff Rush is doing too making Children's books and trying to cover a much wider audience than before. I don't think I have ever heard Levin, I can't imagine what time he is on, unless he's on a different station. Everybody seems to like him though.

Doc Thompson is on The Blaze now. 6-9am eastern. I've heard him in the past when he subbed for Glenn and never really cared too much for him, however I've been listening to his show at work for the past week or two and I'm starting to like it.

montanadave
03-28-14, 10:11
If I have to listen to political news, I might as well get some enjoyment out of it, so I'll watch Fox News. At least they have hot chicks on, some how hearing that we are slowly circling the bowl does not seem so bad when you have a hot chick telling you.

The only reason I regret not getting the Fox Business channel. At one time, they had taken the CNBC "money honeys" concept to new heights.

Moose-Knuckle
03-29-14, 02:28
I try to keep politics off the radio. I mostly listen to Stern in the car, but when Robyn starts in on one of her leftist rants I just switch to the country station or something until she shuts up.

Ever catch The Naked News? They got even FOX beat . . . just saying.

montanadave
03-29-14, 09:44
Ever catch The Naked News? They got even FOX beat . . . just saying.

Link please.

Moose-Knuckle
03-29-14, 16:05
Link please.

Not on this site I won't, Google is your friend.

Phillygunguy
03-29-14, 22:58
I used to listen to Beck but I cant stand when he gets "Upset" too fake and he spends too much time on goofing around, same with Hannity. I like Levin Mike Church And Andrew Wilkow

uffdaphil
03-30-14, 00:14
When I drove for,work I listened to every righty from day one with Rush back in '88 I think. Now I'm retired and mostly just catch Dennis Prager for an hour or three per week. I like that he prefers clarity to agreement and discusses issues from a moral more than political viewpoint. And his short "Prager University" videos are powerful mind changers.

When Levin gets wound up I want to have his babies. Just elect the man president already.

Moose-Knuckle
03-30-14, 02:09
When I drove for,work I listened to every righty from day one with Rush back in '88 I think. Now I'm retired and mostly just catch Dennis Prager for an hour or three per week. I like that he prefers clarity to agreement and discusses issues from a moral more than political viewpoint. And his short "Prager University" videos are powerful mind changers.

That's why I like Prager, he makes you think for yourself . . . not tells you what to think.

When Levin gets wound up I want to have his babies. Just elect the man president already.

:lol:

They don't call him The Great One for no reason, I really enjoy his rants . . . its therapy for me.

The_War_Wagon
03-30-14, 06:09

Andrew Wilkow
Mike Church
David Webb
Glen Beck
Mark Levin

You're in NC, and DIDN'T mention John Boy & Billy?!?! ;)

Common sense, for the common man - since 1980 (WBCY); since 1987 @ WRFX - syndicated nationally since 1993.