PDA

View Full Version : Sig E2 grip install issue

Robsthestig
03-27-14, 13:10
Ok, so I got the E2 grip for my Mk25, and I've run into the issue of the grip not sitting flush against the frame of the gun... From what I've heard, read and seen, this is usually remedied by pushing really hard against the back strap. I tried this with the slide off, railed part of the frame on the floor, and all my weight on the back strap, and still no luck. There's nothing that I can see in the holes of the grip, and the de cocker and trigger springs are both staying in place. Any ideas?
Here's the gun in question, cause I'm a pic whore :)
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q144/98ventovr/6E760440-BABB-4DBB-B3BB-C046BD6DBBA8.jpg (http://s135.photobucket.com/user/98ventovr/media/6E760440-BABB-4DBB-B3BB-C046BD6DBBA8.jpg.html)

operator81
03-27-14, 13:43
Did you get the new hammer strut, mainspring and mainspring strut? The e2 grips need the rest of the kit due to the reduced are on the rear.

Robsthestig
03-27-14, 13:51
Yeah, I got the whole kit from top gun supply

operator81
03-28-14, 09:18
It might take a firm whack on the butt to seat the grips. You might also try inserting the removal tool into the mag well to open the grips up a tad to get them lined up over the holes in the frame. After installing these for quite a few guys on my Dept, I can tell you they can be a real pain in the toosh. The most common issue is they like to knock the trigger spring off its notch. Good luck!

Robsthestig
03-28-14, 09:21
Haha yeah, I knocked my trigger spring off 3 times already. I'm gonna try using the tool again, but it didn't work the last time. It's tough to try to do one side before the other too. Thanks for the advice.

operator81
03-28-14, 09:51
Another trick is placing some credit cards on under the sides of the grip where they lie in the front of the frame. Get the grip lined up then slip the cards out. That way you're not trying to pop the nipples on the grip up, over and into the screw holes in the frame

Robsthestig
03-28-14, 09:59
AHHHH good idea, I'm gonna have to give that a shot. Thanks!