PDA

View Full Version : new tango down arc m4 mags

mattieb
03-29-14, 10:55
has anyone seen or used them? BCM sent me an email about them, they look pretty nice any thoughts?

MountainRaven
03-29-14, 10:58
I'm pretty sure my TangoDown ARC mags are Mk2s - which is what they're advertising - and they're a few years old.

I think they're just new to the Bravo Company website.

(But I could be wrong.)

SiGfever
03-29-14, 10:59
Here...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?150113-Time-to-Change-Magazine&p=1885570#post1885570

mattieb
03-29-14, 11:25
I'm pretty sure my TangoDown ARC mags are Mk2s - which is what they're advertising - and they're a few years old.

I think they're just new to the Bravo Company website.

(But I could be wrong.)
sorry they made it sound like it was some new design. I'm sure your right thanks

NeoNeanderthal
03-29-14, 12:11
Slick mags but i have no idea why the hell they decided to put the hump on the other side of the magazine so its the opposite of every other mag. Makes no sense to me.

Kain
03-29-14, 12:26
One of my big personal issues with the mags is that they are glued together. Not taking issue with them being glue persay, if it works it works, but I do take issue with them not being able to be disassembled for cleaning/maintenance/ect. More so after a recent adventure shall we say, I had with a number of other mags where the springs were rusting and resulted in me having to tear down about 20 of them to clean, check, and so on. I've also had sand, dirt, and other debris get into mags in the past that required them to be cleaned before they would function properly. While I am sure some here would just chuck the mag unless it is truly broken I try to retain them.

ST911
03-29-14, 15:09
One of my big personal issues with the mags is that they are glued together. Not taking issue with them being glue persay, if it works it works, but I do take issue with them not being able to be disassembled for cleaning/maintenance/ect. More so after a recent adventure shall we say, I had with a number of other mags where the springs were rusting and resulted in me having to tear down about 20 of them to clean, check, and so on. I've also had sand, dirt, and other debris get into mags in the past that required them to be cleaned before they would function properly. While I am sure some here would just chuck the mag unless it is truly broken I try to retain them.

I have a couple dozen ARCs, many of which are the Mk1, a transitional Mk1, and a few Mk2s. Most of the Mk1s are from ~2009 or so, and have been in regular use.

Glue: Somewhere on the net is a detailed post by Jeff Cahill that describes the bonding process of the two halves. It isn't reliant upon an adhesive alone, and it's not an issue.

Disassembly: I, too had concerns over losing the ability to clean the mag. In the end, it's ended up being a non-issue as well. When the mags get heavily fouled or filled with sand, I rinse them out, working the followers with a rod or ruler. They then get blown out or drained/air-dryed. I drilled a hole in the bottom of a couple for drainage to give that a try, and found it unnecessary.

Follower hump: Doesn't matter to me. The top round is on one side or the other, and when the bolt is operated and mag dropped to check, the top should go to the other side.

scoutfsu99
03-29-14, 16:16
Slick mags but i have no idea why the hell they decided to put the hump on the other side of the magazine so its the opposite of every other mag. Makes no sense to me.

New tan follower GI mags are the same way.