PDA

View Full Version : walther ppk

dragonsfire311
03-29-14, 11:32
My father in law has a walther ppk chambered in 32. acp. we are trying to figure out how old it is, it appears to have 2 serial numbers on it, one on the slide, the other on the frame. the slide is stamped 390013 p with ac under the zeros. the frame is stamped 389009 p. Any ideas or places to look, it appears to be an older weapon.

Hmac
03-29-14, 11:53
There's a huge Walther and PPK fan following at http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ . I'd start there. I'd be astonished if you didn't get a very prompt answer. Take pictures, however.

cathellsk
03-29-14, 18:49
i can tell as soon as you said ac its late WWII production. Walther stamped their guns AC to simplify production. The fact it has two serial numbers also indicates the same time frame. I read years ago Walther was cranking out pistols as fast as they could and sometimes they mismatched frames/slides. Also, when the GIs overtook the factory they slapped together pistols for trophies and sometimes they didn't match then too.
Hmac is right about his link, they are the real experts in Walthers, especially one thats as old as yours.

dragonsfire311
03-31-14, 11:43
Thank for the info, I'll have him go to the walther forum and check it out. That would make him and the gun about the same age though.