PDA

View Full Version : Noveske barrels

billybronco
05-27-08, 08:08
What is the comparison between his N4 and stainless contours?

I understand the N4 are chrome lined; however, is the durability of the barrel truly that much tougher?

Do we perhaps see the stainless barrels receiving the option of chrome lining in the future or is this just some asinine thought from somebody who knows nothing about forging rifle barrels?

Stickman
05-27-08, 09:57
What is the comparison between his N4 and stainless contours?

I understand the N4 are chrome lined; however, is the durability of the barrel truly that much tougher?

Do we perhaps see the stainless barrels receiving the option of chrome lining in the future or is this just some asinine thought from somebody who knows nothing about forging rifle barrels?

One is for maximum overall durability while retaining solid accuracy. The other is for maximum overall accuracy while retaining solid durability.

Benthic
05-27-08, 10:20
One is for maximum overall durability while retaining solid accuracy. The other is for maximum overall accuracy while retaining solid durability.

That would be the chrome lined, and the stainless steel respectively--yes?

Brian

billybronco
05-27-08, 10:35
wait a minute.....can i NOT purchase an N4 barrel by itself???

Benthic
05-27-08, 10:38
A quick look at Noveske's web page would suggest that you can buy an N4 rifle, an N4 upper, but not an N4 barrel. Looks like all the barrels that Noveske has for sale loose are stainless steel.

Brian

rob_s
05-27-08, 10:40
wait a minute.....can i NOT purchase an N4 barrel by itself???

No, you cannot. However there are a couple of select dealers that can sell you a complete upper with whatever upper/handguards/sights/etc. you want. www.gandrtactical.com is one of them.

jh1
05-27-08, 11:02
A quick look at Noveske's web page would suggest that you can buy an N4 rifle, an N4 upper, but not an N4 barrel. Looks like all the barrels that Noveske has for sale loose are stainless steel.

Brian

Yes,noveske does sell cl barrels.Just got 1. The web page makes them look stainless.

STJ
05-27-08, 11:15
Yes,noveske does sell cl barrels.Just got 1. The web page makes them look stainless.

Are you SURE about that? Its my understanding that Noveske will only sell his N4 barrels to select builders. The only barrels (not attached to an upper) available to the standard public are his stainless barrels...

jh1
05-27-08, 11:30
Are you SURE about that? Its my understanding that Noveske will only sell his N4 barrels to select builders. The only barrels (not attached to an upper) available to the standard public are his stainless barrels...

I'm not sure about the n4 barrels.But you can call him.John Noveske will talk to you.