PDA

View Full Version : Instructions for attaining Class III

gogetal3
05-27-08, 10:18
Hello everyone. First off I'd like to say this site is amazing. I've had a wealth of info from the moment I clicked on the first post topic I chose.
Now on to business. I live in Florida, so everything is permitted. What are the steps to get a class III. I'm going to take the revocable trust route. Can anyone share their experience detailed for those of us that are still lacking an inportant piece of the pie. I've read the posts on here, and searched other internet places. Next step is of course to talk to my dealers. I was hoping for a detailed account. My CWP was really easy to attain. Is it kinda the same deal?
step 1: set up trust
Step 2: ?
Step 3: ?
Step 4: ?
etc.......

Thank you for your time!

rob_s
05-27-08, 10:21
http://www.floridashootersnetwork.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10215

gogetal3
05-27-08, 10:29
Money is not an issue. Anything worth doing is worth doing right. I would like full auto capabilities and to be more quiet =)

markm
05-27-08, 10:37
I think you replied to Rob_s's sig line. ;)

gogetal3
05-30-08, 11:12
Rob, if I might inquire what route would you suggest in this wonderful state of Florida to take concerning aquiring a suppressor? Are the CLEO's more willing to sign off considering I am in good standing with the law? Or would you recommend setting up a trust?

rob_s
05-30-08, 11:33
I went the trust route. At the time I started buying this stuff the Broward sheriff was signing, but I prefer to keep my own counsel on that and remove a step.

Join up over at floridashootersnetwork if you haven't and you can get more local opinions there.

Saginaw79
05-30-08, 18:54
+1 on a trust! I have an SBS project in mind and the CLEO here wont sign off

markm
05-30-08, 23:24
+1 on a trust! I have an SBS project in mind and the CLEO here wont sign off

I've heard of that type of mindset before. I think one of the counties in AZ is that way. Interesting that such bias against such a useless weapon exists. Yes... I own one. What a WASTE! :rolleyes: