PDA

View Full Version : $700 lower??

Talywhacker
03-29-14, 16:26
I'm from alabama and there are a few ar15/gun shops down here in the town I live. There is this one shop that ALWAYS has good stuff,new stuff, cool stuff. Anyway I was in there earlier today tryin to blow some money and I came across this lower that had a stupid looking Chinese character that looked like Mickey Mouse . It was on the magwell and it was saying something that was enclosed in one of those boxes used in newspaper cartoons. This lower was priced $700!!! Wtf ? I didn't ask the guy in there b/c he was busy and I didn't want to bother him over something I wasn't goin to buy. So have any of you seen one of these? Is it some custom made lower? It didn't look any diff. Than a standard lower.

redmist
03-29-14, 16:32
I'm from alabama and there are a few ar15/gun shops down here in the town I live. There is this one shop that ALWAYS has good stuff,new stuff, cool stuff. Anyway I was in there earlier today tryin to blow some money and I came across this lower that had a stupid looking Chinese character that looked like Mickey Mouse . It was on the magwell and it was saying something that was enclosed in one of those boxes used in newspaper cartoons. This lower was priced $700!!! Wtf ? I didn't ask the guy in there b/c he was busy and I didn't want to bother him over something I wasn't goin to buy. So have any of you seen one of these? Is it some custom made lower? It didn't look any diff. Than a standard lower.

Troll thread?

Talywhacker
03-29-14, 16:33
What's a troll thread my dude?

LightningFast
03-29-14, 16:38
Almost certainly trolling IMO.

What's the name of the shop?

Talywhacker
03-29-14, 16:42
The firing pin. Auburn al. You people kill me , either you know or you don't.I don't want your opinion. I want to know why this lower is $700

StevieJ309
03-29-14, 16:44
Did it look like this?

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac108/SJasper84/MCDL.jpg (http://s890.photobucket.com/user/SJasper84/media/MCDL.jpg.html)

Talywhacker
03-29-14, 16:47
Yes identical to that. Is it magpul?? I've seen the s&w magpul lowers but they are not$700

thopkins22
03-29-14, 16:51
The China doll lowers are super rare, and super expensive. A few years ago $700 would have been dirt cheap for one.

They don't do anything special...just happen to be in demand hence the price.

StevieJ309
03-29-14, 16:54
IIRC they were made for certain employees and industry friends and as was already mentioned, they are extremely rare.

Tigereye
03-29-14, 17:02
Taly,
I'm shooting with Charlie, one of the owners, this evening and will ask him about it.
Eric

markm
03-29-14, 17:13
Just buy the damned shit and put an auto sear in it!

discreet
03-29-14, 17:13
Did it look like this?

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac108/SJasper84/MCDL.jpg (http://s890.photobucket.com/user/SJasper84/media/MCDL.jpg.html)

China Doll MP lower. If it's that, that is the reason it's 700+$. I'd buy that shit up in a split second, keep it in the box, put it on GB in a year or two for 3x's a much.

Toddler
03-29-14, 17:14
A china doll lower for $700 would be quite the steal.

Toddler
03-29-14, 17:15
Last one I saw for sale was $7500, not so much a steal.

ScatmanCrothers
03-29-14, 17:23
The firing pin. Auburn al. You people kill me , either you know or you don't.I don't want your opinion. I want to know why this lower is $700 That's just it, there aren't many people that frequent sites like this that don't know what it is so your question reeks of troll. But maybe you are that oblivious, who knows.

I was in their shop last week and didn't see the lower in question. Of course I wasn't looking for it so it's possible I overlooked one of the most sought after lower receivers out there :confused:

discreet
03-29-14, 17:30
Yes identical to that. Is it magpul?? I've seen the s&w magpul lowers but they are not$700

This is not an S&W magpul lower made by S&W. The lower is made by Magpul. They are EXTREMELY rare and collectible. If it is in fact real, I'd pick it up without question. Almost stupid not to, pending it's legit and around 700$.

Talywhacker
03-29-14, 17:38
I'm sure it's real if it belongs to the store. They are some stand up guys. However it could be on consignment or belong to a regular that comes into the store. The machining didn't look quite as deep (the character and serial number) as the pic above. But now I know the significance of it.

ALCOAR
03-29-14, 17:42
If it's a real C doll lower I'll drive down from the ham and buy it for $700

Talywhacker
03-29-14, 17:43
How much is it suppose to be??? Damn

ALCOAR
03-29-14, 17:45
Personally my limit would be $1k-1200 range

edit...with anything rare/collectible, value is in the eye of the specific beholder. Some dumbass might pay a cpl. k for it.

StevieJ309
03-29-14, 17:50
How much is it suppose to be??? Damn

There was never a set price as they were't offered as a standard item on the open market. They are worth as much as someone is willing to pay and people have been paying big bucks for them.

Iraqgunz
03-29-14, 18:04
How about next time you make a better attempt to convey the message rather than getting huffy.

The firing pin. Auburn al. You people kill me , either you know or you don't.I don't want your opinion. I want to know why this lower is $700

Airhasz
03-29-14, 18:52
My bet is it's $7K, op missed a zero.

SilverBullet432
03-29-14, 19:59
Legit china doll lower? If i had the $700 and another $700 for a plane ticket it would be in my safe monday!!

SteveS
03-30-14, 10:28
Legit china doll lower? If i had the $700 and another $700 for a plane ticket it would be in my safe monday!!Only if there is a selection of china doll etched tacticool parts that are key mod ready.

weggy
03-30-14, 11:22
How about next time you make a better attempt to convey the message rather than getting huffy.

It seems to me that he didn't get "huffy" until he got his ass jumped on. He asked a legitimate question about a product he knew nothing about and was beaten about the head and body. It seems that if someone had just answered his question with out all the "must be a troll" crap there would have been no problem. Let's not turn this forum into TOS. Please!:stop:

discreet
03-30-14, 11:27
It seems to me that he didn't get "huffy" until he got his ass jumped on. He asked a legitimate question about a product he knew nothing about and was beaten about the head and body. It seems that if someone had just answered his question with out all the "must be a troll" crap there would have been no problem. Let's not turn this forum into TOS. Please!:stop:

Your telling a mod to stop it, and not to turn this site into TOS? This will be good...:lol:

But anyways back on topic... has anyone flown down there and picked it up yet? LOL

Airhasz
03-30-14, 11:54
Legit china doll lower? If i had the $700 and another $700 for a plane ticket it would be in my safe monday!!

If you do not have at least $1,400 in savings I would suggest putting a hold on buying weapon related toys.

IndianaBoy
03-30-14, 12:10
It was on the magwell and it was saying something that was enclosed in one of those boxes used in newspaper cartoons.

Me fail english? That's unpossible.

SilverBullet432
03-30-14, 12:31
If you do not have at least $1,400 in savings I would suggest putting a hold on buying weapon related toys.

need that money for other stuff lol

Eurodriver
03-30-14, 13:16

I know of almost no one with $1,400+ in savings and they are all gun people.

Stickman
03-30-14, 13:38
Last one I saw for sale was $7500, not so much a steal.

That is because someone heard that I was offered $7500 for mine, they wanted one that had a story behind it and was the lowest serial number (except #001). The guy who keeps posting on GB for $7500 keeps figuring he should be able to get the same as what I was offered. It won't happen, and the guy won't identify who he is on the forums from what I've been told.

GunnutAF
03-30-14, 13:41
I wouldn't pay more then standard market price for that childish lower! But as it has been said fools and there money soon parted!:suicide:

Caduceus
03-30-14, 13:43
That's just it, there aren't many people that frequent sites like this that don't know what it is so your question reeks of troll. But maybe you are that oblivious, who knows.

I was in their shop last week and didn't see the lower in question. Of course I wasn't looking for it so it's possible I overlooked one of the most sought after lower receivers out there :confused:i never heard of it.

Toddler
03-30-14, 14:31
Stick do you think $700 is a good price for this lower if it's there?

dentron
03-30-14, 14:39
I would pay $700 for it, not much more though. Too much more than that gets out of my "cool" price range and into my "is functionally better because..." range. Also you could have two complete BCM lowers for $800.

weggy
03-30-14, 15:01
Your telling a mod to stop it, and not to turn this site into TOS? This will be good...:lol:

But anyways back on topic... has anyone flown down there and picked it up yet? LOL

Well, it seems to me that the rules are the rules no matter who or what you are. I felt the guy was not given a fair shake and if I'm in trouble for that, then so be it.
Now he knows just what that lower is and he is now a member of the Illuminati.

kenken
03-30-14, 15:44
Well, it seems to me that the rules are the rules no matter who or what you are. I felt the guy was not given a fair shake and if I'm in trouble for that, then so be it.
Now he knows just what that lower is and he is now a member of the Illuminati.

I agree 100%

kenken

Quick Draw
03-30-14, 16:16
Taly,
I'm shooting with Charlie, one of the owners, this evening and will ask him about it.
Eric

This seems like a more intelligent reply instead of busting the guys balls by insinuating he is a troll.

I did not know about this lower either but learned something today. I think that is all that Taly was trying to do.

RTR

03scgt
03-30-14, 16:28
I'd buy one for 700$ just so I could say ive got one,Anymore and I'd have to pass as its still just a lower to me.

HKGuns
03-30-14, 17:09
I'm a fairly seasoned veteran and I'd never heard of them before either. I took it as an honest question that was worth asking. Now I learned something, thanks to this post. I think he had a reason to be butt hurt for everyone assuming he was trolling.

Iraqgunz
03-30-14, 22:19
Guess what? You don't get to make the determination about Moderator conduct or responses. To be quite honest I should have trashed this from the beginning. Quite simply because I am tired of lazy people and lazy gun owners.

He obviously could have asked more questions of the people at the store or even "wait for it" asked to take a pic of it. In fact he could have done a stellar job of trying to type some coherent paragraph to explain what he was trying to ask.

And guess what happens when you use Google and type in "AR15 lower with China doll"? You get hundreds of hits with pictures.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_124/217773_China_Doll_4_Sale.html

http://www.weaponscache.com/forum/rifles/1968-elusive-magpul-china-doll-lower.html