PDA

View Full Version : Burris Fastfire III?

teutonicpolymer
03-30-14, 12:37
So SWFA has the XTR gen 1 combo on sale for a pretty good price, $600 for a Fastfire III, PEPR mount, and XTR gen 1 1-4X scope. I am thinking about getting this mainly for the scope which normally sold at $600 by itself, and then putting the Fastfire III on a GP100 for fun using a Weigatinny mount.

I have been reading some issues about the Fastfire III and it sounds like some people have issues with them, but I would like to know if anyone here has any first hand usage and knowledge with it. If it is so problematic that I would be giving myself a headache by buying it and having to ship it back and forth to Burris, I would rather pass even though it is basically free with the combo.

js213
04-03-14, 20:59
I've got one. I haven't used it a ton, but I've used it on both a Sig 229 9mm and on an AR (5.56). It's no RMR, but I didn't notice any issues with it either. The limited number of brightness settings is a bit unfortunate, but it is fairly bright. I've only used it indoors and outside in cloudy conditions and I have no trouble seeing the dot. The FF III has the battery door on top which is nice. The previous ones had it on the bottom so you have to remove it to change batteries.