PDA

View Full Version : Lawsuit over Colorado’s gun laws has its day in court

levik97
03-31-14, 21:45
Saw the NRA post this on Facebook today. I really hope these laws are ruled unconstitutional.
http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/31/lawsuit-over-colorados-gun-laws-has-its-day-in-court/

The main reason that I wanted to post this is because I have a question to ask you guys. I would like to know what I can do as a youth (I turned 17 yesterday) to affect my future for the better. I am a member of the NRA, NAGR, and RMGO. During the gun control fiasco of last year I called, emailed, and tweeted as many of my representatives and senators as I could. The problem is I can't vote, I can't participate in petitions, and I hardly make enough money to pay for the gas to drive to work everyday. I live in a very small town called Haxtun in the middle of farm country and I don't even know any anti-gun people here. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Levi

Supergyro
03-31-14, 22:08
Are you gonna be old enough to vote the mid terms? I'm 18 and I see it as my responsibility to let them know that the next generation of votes is in tune with all that's going on. WE have to get our friends involved. Maybe if enough of us got on board it would send a message that shooting isn't just for the perceived "old duffers."
Just imagine if #rangedayselfie trended big for one week. It would do a lot for firearms freedoms.

Sent from my SCH-I500

levik97
03-31-14, 22:14
I won't be able to vote in an election until 2016.

Levi

skydivr
04-01-14, 08:55
That's ok. Your letter stating: "I am a future voter, and I can promise you that your attempts to limit the 2A loses my vote and others like me, and I will expend years of effort to see you no longer in public service" is work well done. Way to go on getting involved - at 17 I was clueless.