PDA

View Full Version : Wayne LaPierre Out?

OldState
04-01-14, 16:15
April Fools? Probably, but anyone has to be better than that dope. This is cruel.

http://www.guns.com/2014/04/01/breaking-lapierre-steps-spika-steps-new-nra-chief/

GeorgiaBoy
04-01-14, 16:50
Wouldn't it be nice though. I'm ready for a new voice for the NRA.

AKDoug
04-01-14, 17:24
Very interesting. I guess I'll wait until tomorrow to check this out.

Grand58742
04-01-14, 17:50
It has the feeling of an April fools joke...but not sure.

Either way, having a woman in a leadership position that can speak intelligently on gun rights isn't a bad thing. It certainly would help break the stereotype of white inbred anti-government male that the NRA is often seen as. Get her and Colion Noir started on a speaking circuit and only good things could happen.

ETA: I know there are several women spokespeople in the NRA, but not one in a key position.

OldState
04-01-14, 18:03
It has the feeling of an April fools joke...but not sure.

Either way, having a woman in a leadership position that can speak intelligently on gun rights isn't a bad thing. It certainly would help break the stereotype of white inbred anti-government male that the NRA is often seen as. Get her and Colion Noir started on a speaking circuit and only good things could happen.

ETA: I know there are several women spokespeople in the NRA, but not one in a key position.

Agreed, but this girl sounds a bit young and unpolished.

montanadave
04-01-14, 18:55
Doesn't pass the smell test.

Magic_Salad0892
04-01-14, 19:37
Would rather have Colion Noir as the voice of the NRA.

Big A
04-01-14, 19:46

Agreed.

Koshinn
04-01-14, 20:14
I'd almost rather have Piers Morgan as the voice of the NRA than Wayne LaPierre, I dislike him that much.

Grand58742
04-01-14, 20:14

Extremely well spoken guy and the NRA could do far worse.

BoringGuy45
04-01-14, 21:40

+1000.

He's educated, well spoken, and his focus is on the relevant issues regarding gun rights. LaPierre is stuck in a mindset that was relevant 20 years ago or more, everyone just face palms every time he speaks, and he only wants the NRA to tackle issues that will be like shooting fish in a barrel. Things happen in NY, CA, CT, etc, he and the NRA basically say, "That sucks, we're against this. So uh, we're going back to preach to the choir in other, more gun friendly states. Hope everything works out, SEE YA!"

_Stormin_
04-02-14, 11:06

Someone capable of connecting with a younger generation would be a step in the right direction.

rocsteady
04-02-14, 13:47
I've always thought Larry Pratt from Gun owners of America was light years ahead of the NRA mouthpiece. I think Noir would be a great move.

Magic_Salad0892
04-02-14, 15:26
Plus, he's black. Then we might get out of hearing "NRA = racists" for a few years.

Moose-Knuckle
04-02-14, 15:50
Plus, he's black. Then we might get out of hearing "NRA = racists" for a few years.

Nope, he is conservative and pro-gun. That is tantamount to an Uncle Tom sell out in the eyes of "black America", the left, and anti-gunners.

Jer
04-02-14, 15:54
Nope, he is conservative and pro-gun. That is tantamount to an Uncle Tom sell out in the eyes of "black America", the left, and anti-gunners.

And yet is still 3x better than what they currently have.

_Stormin_
04-02-14, 20:09

Oddly enough, gun control is so deeply rooted in racism that its a shock that the libs have been able to suppress it. I once spent an hour and most of my smart phone battery showing someone, who made an equivalent statement to "the NRA is racist," the actual racist origins of gun control in this country. One of the (very) few anti-gun people that I have actually convinced and converted.

Don't worry, if Herman Cain, Tomas Sowell, and Clarence Thomas haven't shown the nation that conservative principles aren't racist ones, Colion Noir will be simply another drop in the bucket. They've had a head start longer than Mr. Noir's life.