PDA

View Full Version : NASA admits decades-long mistake regarding naming of Atlantis and Endeavour.

Eurodriver
04-01-14, 17:58
http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n1404/01shuttle/

NASA will later today admit to an embarrassing paperwork error in the 1990s that led the agency to fly two of its space shuttle orbiters with the wrong names for almost two decades.

montanadave
04-01-14, 18:46
So how in the hell does no one figure this out when looking at flight records, maintenance schedules, what I can only assume are a metric ton of paperwork that accompanied these spacecraft. Not to mention the hundreds, if not thousands, personnel including flight crews, engineers, maintenance and service crews, etc.

What a cluster****.

Belmont31R
04-01-14, 18:59
So how in the hell does no one figure this out when looking at flight records, maintenance schedules, what I can only assume are a metric ton of paperwork that accompanied these spacecraft. Not to mention the hundreds, if not thousands, personnel including flight crews, engineers, maintenance and service crews, etc.

What a cluster****.

Missed this did ya?

APRIL FOOL BY SPACEFLIGHT NOW
Posted: April 1, 2014

Eurodriver
04-01-14, 19:02
^^^ Well, you're not any fun :(

montanadave
04-01-14, 19:13
Missed this did ya?

Okay, okay. I got got with this one.

But, in my defense, the headlines every day of the week seem so bizarre and out-of-whack anymore that April Fool's Day seems to have become a 24/7/365 event.

Belmont31R
04-01-14, 19:31
^^^ Well, you're not any fun :(

Hey it's right under the headline in bolt font. They shoulda put it at the end of the article. lol

montanadave
04-01-14, 19:43
Hey it's right under the headline in bolt font. They shoulda put it at the end of the article. lol

On that note, I feel significantly dumber than I already did. It's like the gift that just keeps giving.

Belmont31R
04-01-14, 19:47
On that note, I feel significantly dumber than I already did. It's like the gift that just keeps giving.

Ha don't feel bad. Half the Onion articles could easily be plausible.

SteyrAUG
04-01-14, 22:49
Missed this did ya?

Oh thank god.

I read this part and was about to lose it.

"NASA is expected to unveil a multi-million dollar plan to put things right.

In Houston, the Boeing 747 shuttle carrier aircraft was being disassembled to be transported to a museum itself, but now the space agency has ordered engineers to put the aircraft back together so it can fly the misnamed shuttles to their rightful homes. The goal is to complete the operation before next April 1."

williejc
04-02-14, 18:25
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to work for NASA. :secret: