PDA

View Full Version : Springfield M1A Gen 4 Scope Mount - Out of Elevation

Heavyweight
04-02-14, 09:47
Hey Gang,

I have been running a Leatherwood scoup mount setup on my M1A for a while. It was pretty good but had all kinds of set screws that could come lose and throw off the zero over time. It was also a very low to the receiver mount. I just switched over to the Springfield Gen 4 steel mount. I went with it for a couple of reasons but primarily I like the fact that it sits high enough to let me use my irons. But maybe too high? I've run out of elevation adjustment at 100 meters and it's still shooting a foot low.

Here is a little bit of background on my gear. I'm shooting Springfield's national match rifle with a Bushnell Elite 6500 on medium rings. It's a high setup but I have a Bradley cheek rest to get good weld.

Windage on the mount is great and the mount is level. Is there anything I can do besides switching out to low rings or rings that will cant the scope slightly downward? Even then I'm afraid I won't have enough elevation. Has anyone else solved this problem a different way? Yes, I know Sadlak and Smith and ARMS make great mounts but I was really digging being able to use my irons.

Thanks!

Heavyweight