PDA

View Full Version : Single-stage or two-stage trigger?

Blazin
04-03-14, 08:30
I've competed extensively with two-stage and single-stage triggers, and have developed a clear preference for one of the other when it comes to real world combat style situations, but little/no real-world expereince to back it up. I'm curious what the consensus here is.

Wolfpack45
04-03-14, 09:29
While I prefer 2 stage triggers, I prefer two stage triggers that most closely feel like single stage triggers if that makes any sense.

Abraham
04-03-14, 09:37
I have a Geissele SSA-E in one AR and a Geissele G2S in another.

Both are 2 stage.

I have a clear preference for 2 stage.

No competition or combat experience using them.

ColtSeavers
04-03-14, 09:53
I prefer single stage triggers that are crisp and clean with as little travel as necessary. I use ALG ACTs though I am looking towards using one of the Hiperfire triggers.

TehLlama
04-03-14, 11:00
The Geissele two-stage match triggers when run quickly are almost indistinguishable from single stage units, but are phenomenal match triggers in their own right. It's a case of this: don't try an SSA or similar from them unless you are willing to want one on every single lower you own.

GunBugBit
04-03-14, 11:06
Two-stage is what my brain is programmed to work with.

For ARs, I believe Geissele SSA and SSA-E triggers will be more than satisfactory for the rest of my life.

trickytrix
04-03-14, 11:09
2 stage geissele SSA-E in all my AR's - even the M&P 15-22. Two stage when you want that calm, focused shot, but easy to treat as a single stage when rapid firing.

Abraham
04-03-14, 12:23
On a side note: An acquaintance told me he has an SSA in one AR and the G2S in the other and can't tell the difference between them.

He's a solid guy too, so I take him at his word.

markm
04-03-14, 12:25
On a side note: An acquaintance told me he has an SSA in one AR and the G2S in the other and can't tell the difference between them.

He's a solid guy too, so I take him at his word.

He may be like me... not trigger sensative at all.. except when I get on a bolt gun. ARs? Forget it... any trigger will do for me.

REdruM0351
04-03-14, 13:39
My Geissele SSA trigger is awesome and I have a SDE trigger coming on a BCM lower can't wait to play with it.

Onyx Z
04-03-14, 13:53
It's kind of a toss-up for me. I really like the Geissele SSA-E in my SPR & the SD-C in my 300BLK, but I also like the JP trigger I have in my carbine for the plinking/carbine type stuff.

Although, I am considering selling the JP trigger and getting another Geissele... with that, I'd have to say 2-stage.

ScatmanCrothers
04-03-14, 14:22
My Geissele SSA trigger is awesome and I have a SDE trigger coming on a BCM lower can't wait to play with it.
I've got a feeling you'll have a new favorite trigger soon. There's something about the SDE that has hooked me for the long run. My SSA was nice, SD3G was a crazy lightweight single stage, QMS has become a minimum standard, but the SDE is the one I refuse to part with. Some might not like the pull weight for HD purposes but in my eyes its a jack of all trades that gives the opportunity to master them all. Considering exploring CMC trigger options too but I admittedly still know little about them.

Iraqgunz
04-03-14, 15:06
Do a search on trigger threads. We had one that was multiple pages long and discussed many of the issues you are asking about.