PDA

View Full Version : S Florida hog hunting 5round mags

jwsturr
04-03-14, 09:43
I'm considering using my ar for hunting hogs on public land in south and central Florida. Anybody here using 10 round pmags with the 5rd limiters in them? Have you ever been questioned by fwc? Or even told you can't use them?

Palmguy
04-03-14, 11:52
I'll confirm when I get back to my computer but there shouldn't be any capacity restrictions for feral animals.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Eurodriver
04-04-14, 07:20
Palmguy is correct if you are on private land. (But if it is hunting season for deer and you are stopped by FWC...you best be able to prove you're going after hogs if you've got a 30rd PMAG in your weapon)

If you are on public land all restrictions that are normally placed on guns still apply. The only thing different about hunting hogs is that there is no size limit, sex restriction, or bag limit.

jwsturr
04-04-14, 20:20
Palmguy is correct if you are on private land. (But if it is hunting season for deer and you are stopped by FWC...you best be able to prove you're going after hogs if you've got a 30rd PMAG in your weapon)

If you are on public land all restrictions that are normally placed on guns still apply. The only thing different about hunting hogs is that there is no size limit, sex restriction, or bag limit.

I understand about the round limits. But will FWC fine you if you have 10 round pmag with a 5 round limiter?

MiamiE
04-23-14, 18:58
There most certainly is restrictions. 5 round magazine on public land is a must and FWC will check. Each WMA is also different from others in terms of bag limits. Most do NOT allow an unlimited harvest of hogs. South Florida doesn't have many hogs on its WMA's anyways. Dinner Island, OK Slough and Spirit are all quota and the panthers have done a good job killing all the hogs. Big Cypress has no hogs either.

SkyPup
04-28-14, 08:14
Free Florida Hog Hunts on public Wildlife Management Areas:

http://myfwc.com/hunting/by-species/wild-hog/hog-hunts/

You cannot use a silencer on public lands and you must have a five round magazine in an AR.

I got a couple of metal five round 5.56mm and 7.62mm from Midway.

SkyPup
04-28-14, 08:16
http://myfwc.com/hunting/by-species/wild-hog/