PDA

View Full Version : Daniels Defense A1.5 + A2 Knob?

NoDakRoughrider
04-03-14, 11:51
Is it possible to put an A2 Knob on the A1.5?

Chameleox
04-03-14, 15:46
On the 1.5 sight, the spring loaded ball bearing that locks the wheel in place is inside the sight body. With the A2 assembly, the bearing is inside the windage knob and interacts with detents on the sight to provide the "clicks" and the tension that locks it in place.

To use the A2 knob, it looks like you'd have to either:
A: use the sight-installed bearing, put detents in the windage knob, and possibly fill the bearing channel on the A2 knob, or
B: use the windage knob's spring loaded bearing, and put detents into the body of the DD1.5 sight, and again, you might have to fill the sight's bearing channel.

Either way, probably not worth the effort. LMT sells stand-alone A2 sights with the hand-adjustable windage knob. You can also cut down a full sized A2/A3 carry handle to your liking.

NoDakRoughrider
04-03-14, 21:18
Thanks for the reply, not what I wanted to hear but the truth I don't doubt. This lead projectile dispenser is a K.I.S. traktor/truck gun on a budget. Its a beater for dispatching coyotes and half dead road kill. It's a PSA premium Disapator with an ALG ACT trigger. With me on the trigger it is a 4 MOA at 200 yds or so kind of stick. Haven't shot it beyond that, not sure my eyes are up to it. It was put together over a 2 year period, all parts were bought on sale. I guess I can splurge on the LMT. The DDA1.5 has been a nice piece, just looking for more and easier adjustable sight for my 6 & 8 y/o boys who have the AR-15 fever.

Chameleox
04-03-14, 22:28
guess I can splurge on the LMT.

Or find a cheap carry handle to cut down. There are some threads here and elsewhere on how to do it.
I just broke down an A2 sight and a DD sight the other day, to swap the apertures. The rear sight assy. is my least favorite part of the AR to work on.

NoDakRoughrider
04-04-14, 06:05
What's different about the apertures?
My lil booger eaters have been shooting a Ruger 1022 with Tech Sights with a .042 aperture until this last weekend when I let them shoot the AR15. So now they're hooked and the 1022 just won't get it anymore. And my 8 y/o Tyler has been on here (m4carbine.net) researching and wants an Aim Point Pro, EoTech 512 and a Night force scope all on Larue QD mounts. He also told me the PSA rifle is OK as a truck/traktor gun but for SHTF we need a few BCM'S around, thanks M4.net :moil:

Wake27
04-04-14, 06:08
Its Daniel Defense.

Robb Jensen
04-04-14, 06:15
If you're just wanting a rear sight windage knob that's easier to adjust you can add this to a DD rear sight.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/353544/dpms-rear-sight-base-rapidex-windage-knob-ar-15-a1-matte

NoDakRoughrider
04-04-14, 07:54
Thanks, that looks like what I want. Reviews even say it will work on my Tech Sights on the 1022. Now I just need to convince the booger eaters that the 1022 is better for them to shoot than the AR15. I like the cheaper price of ammo but they are addicted to the crack and kick of the 5.56, but it puts a smile on their faces. Especially when they hit a prairie dog at 200 yds.

Chameleox
04-04-14, 08:01
What's different about the apertures?

My A2 had night sights, and I wanted them in my DD sight. This gun is irons only, and I prefer night sights for that role.