PDA

View Full Version : Can I buy an M&P9 CORE slide alone?

Alex V
04-04-14, 15:15
Sorry if this is a dumb question but my Google-Fu seems to have fallen short on this one.

I would like to get another slide for my M&P and run a RMR on it. Yes I can send a standard slide to ATEi or similar but I would love to save the cost of the machine work for the optic and the dovetail for the rear site.

The hope is to get a CORE slide, which would already have the higher sites, install the optic, drop a StormLake or similar barrel in and have a nice replacement for the standard slide and barrel should I choose.

I Understand that chances are the pocket made by ATEi (or sim.) would fit the RMR better than a generic factory cut with the installation plate and that just dropping in a better barrel would not give the same results as perhaps the fitter barrel and slide option from Grant, but I am not exactly Vasily Zaytsev here so I doubt I would notice the difference. I would like like to have the option to change slides like I can with an AR upper.

Hopefully I am not SOL on this one.

Thanks in advance!

MegademiC
04-05-14, 10:15
44used to have them, but not for a while.

G&R tactical sells SW 9L slides with fitted storm lake barrels. That's the closest thing I've seen. Hopefully someone else will have more for you.

c3006
04-05-14, 10:33
I can't imagine it would be of benefit to smith to sell that part separately so I doubt it but it's a great idea.

PatrioticDisorder
04-05-14, 11:17
Smith doesn't sell them, 44mag had some they sold off as parts. I recently traded someone my .40 CORE slide because I found out the red dot is not for me, so I'm sure you may eventually see one pop up on EE for sale or trade.

Alex V
04-05-14, 19:17
Poop. Looks like I'm boned.

I guess I'll man up and save the extra coin and send a L- slide to ATEi after picking one up from Grant.

Thanks guys!

buckkiller35
04-06-14, 01:50
I'm looking for one also.