PDA

View Full Version : New N4 build complete.

Alaskapopo
05-28-08, 01:34
Here she is. I just shot it and it runs great.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/Semi%20auto%20rifles/IM001083.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/Semi%20auto%20rifles/IM001084.jpghttp://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/Semi%20auto%20rifles/IM001085.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/Semi%20auto%20rifles/IM001086.jpghttp://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/Semi%20auto%20rifles/IM001087.jpg

Lower is Saber Defense. I installed a geissele two stage match trigger, Vltor Emod Stock, Mag pull pistol grip and trigger guard. Upper is a Noveske N4 light carbine with Troy sights and a Swarovski Z6i 1x6-24 Rifle Scope with Circle Dot Reticle in a Larue mount. It has a Surefire muzzle break pinned on to the 14.5 inch barrel. That brake works awsome. Anyway I just finished it today and sighted it in. The brake makes the gun come straight back and there is almost no muzzle flip for fast double taps at 100 yards.
Pat

Elkhound
05-28-08, 04:40
I give it a thumbs up! What brand vertical grip is that?

Alaskapopo
05-28-08, 04:49
Larue VFG. I love it.
Pat

gishooter
05-28-08, 18:15
Maybe I am just a brand whore, but I think Noveske stuff is the best thing since sliced bread.

docsherm
05-28-08, 18:53
Very nice.

five13
06-03-08, 21:10
Maybe I am just a brand whore, but I think Noveske stuff is the best thing since sliced bread.

It definetely helps when the brand puts out some of the best products..

matt7184
06-03-08, 22:06
Very nice. I'm looking to do a similar build in the near future.

How do you like that scope?

Warrior
06-03-08, 23:13
Does the reticle wash out in that scope in bright daylight. Basically I like to know if it is aimpoint bright.

Nice blaster man

Alaskapopo
06-03-08, 23:25
The scope is bright but not as bright as an aimpoint. It is daylight visible. I wish the rectical were red instead of amber but otherwise I love the scope. I am using this rifle in a three gun match this weekend I will let you know how it works out.
Pat

Warrior
06-03-08, 23:28
The scope is bright but not as bright as an aimpoint. It is daylight visible. I wish the rectical were red instead of amber but otherwise I love the scope. I am using this rifle in a three gun match this weekend I will let you know how it works out.
Pat

Thanks for the info. It looks like an interesting scope with the 6X power and all. Good luck at your 3 gun and post a report on the optic and rifle.

uspopo
06-05-08, 06:38
Sweet setup and thanks for sharing.

Stan

geezerbutler
06-05-08, 10:49
Killer....

My dad went to Swarovski scopes on his hunting rifles and said the difference between them and the Leupold Vari X 3x9 50 MM series was night and day.

Buy your Noveske's now before they start bringing the price that a rolls royce of firearms (from most accounts) could get. :D

AlsakaPoPo are you way up north for real?

I stayed in North Pole, AK with a buddy a couple of years ago....I found out you need at least a month to see AK.

Good luck in the match.

Bulldog1967
06-05-08, 11:01
Thats hot.

Alaskapopo
06-05-08, 16:06
Killer....

My dad went to Swarovski scopes on his hunting rifles and said the difference between them and the Leupold Vari X 3x9 50 MM series was night and day.

Buy your Noveske's now before they start bringing the price that a rolls royce of firearms (from most accounts) could get. :D

AlsakaPoPo are you way up north for real?

I stayed in North Pole, AK with a buddy a couple of years ago....I found out you need at least a month to see AK.

Good luck in the match.

I was born in Fairbanks just a little north of where your buddy lived in North Pole. I now live south of Anchorage.
Pat

Alaskapopo
06-10-08, 13:28
Thanks for the info. It looks like an interesting scope with the 6X power and all. Good luck at your 3 gun and post a report on the optic and rifle.

The gun and optic did great at the match. I had a stage where i was glad I had the 6 power option. There was only a very narrow portion of the targets exposed on one stage. I was able to see my hits and move on while others could not and had a lot of misses. The scope was almost as fast as a dot up close. I did have a comic relief moment in one stage where she shot through a 10 inch pipe towards a target. I put the gun too far into the pipe and the gas escaping from the muzzle break came back and knocked my hat off and I ended up shooting blind on half the shots. I still managed to hit the target with all 5 shots but I did end up getting two D hits on that one. Oh well.
Pat

rob_s
06-10-08, 13:47
I did have a comic relief moment in one stage where she shot through a 10 inch pipe towards a target. I put the gun too far into the pipe and the gas escaping from the muzzle break came back and knocked my hat off and I ended up shooting blind on half the shots. I still managed to hit the target with all 5 shots but I did end up getting two D hits on that one. Oh well.
Pat
Oh, I can't wait to try this with our idiots! :D

I gotta steal me some pipe from the jobsite for sure!

Alaskapopo
06-10-08, 14:05
Oh, I can't wait to try this with our idiots! :D

I gotta steal me some pipe from the jobsite for sure!

It was plastic pipe pretty thick about 1 inch thick. The diameter of the pipe was approximately 10 inches and it was about 3 feet long. They had one set up approximately 3 feet off the ground (to force a kneeling or squating position and the other one that got me was on the ground forcing a prone position. I reloaded to a 20 round magazine while going prone and that was a good thing because I did not have to cant the rifle to shoot the target. However being in a hurry I did not set myself back from the tube and that cost me. I am still waiting on the results of the match. They are supposed to be posted today or tomorrow. I was not the best there but I feel I did pretty well overall. We will see. I really did like the Noveseke. The load I was using was a Sierra 77 grain match bullet over some H335 powder. It knocked the poppers with authority. (well at least for a .223)
Pat

Warrior
06-10-08, 15:03
. The scope was almost as fast as a dot up close.

Yea with some practice with them you can be just as fast as with a dot. it doesn't really take much acclimating either. I am a huge fan of low power variables. I may have to check out that swarovski, the 6X power is what really has me interested and if you say the illumination is daytime visible it might be worth a shot for me. I got 2 short dots right now that i absolutely adore, and a nightforce 1-4X which is cool and a great optic especially at its price but its not a short dot.

Alaskapopo
06-19-08, 02:59
I finally got the results from the rifle and shotgun portion of the three gun match from last week. I got first in the rifle and third in shotgun and 7th in pistol. Overall for all three division I took 2nd. That is the best I have every done at a three gun match. Sorry to brag I just got the news I am a little stocked.
Pat

Warrior
06-19-08, 21:45
I finally got the results from the rifle and shotgun portion of the three gun match from last week. I got first in the rifle and third in shotgun and 7th in pistol. Overall for all three division I took 2nd. That is the best I have every done at a three gun match. Sorry to brag I just got the news I am a little stocked.
Pat

Well done. Guess the rifle and optic combo worked out!;)

CLHC
06-19-08, 22:08
Hey, nice going!

Alaskapopo
06-19-08, 23:12
Thanks all. I really like this rifle.
Pat