PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster ACR... any love for these on here?

SanDiegoLMT
04-05-14, 17:56
Hello -

I've stalked these forums for a few years now, but am not a huge forum poster.... until you give me a lazy Saturday with a six pack of Stone and no wife for the day.

I have always been interested in the ACR (eerrrr.... Masada) since I saw the hyped up Future Weapons episode about it. I know there's not a lot of love for piston AR15s on these forums, but I wanted to get some opinions on the ACR. Sure it's AR15 based... loosely, but it's not really an AR15. How many people have experience and like these? I feel like you're getting a pretty good rifle package for your buck compared to say an LWRC or POF AR15. Of course the prices I'm thinking of are what I've seen locally and usually lightly used.

I have finally started saving a little bit and am thinking of ditching one of my uppers to buy an ACR. Any opinions or light shed on the subject would be rad!

-Gregg

mattg1024
04-05-14, 18:22
No love at all here for those. I had one, and it ran great. It was just different enough than an AR to catch my attention.
I ended up selling it after reading about others having issues with them.

If they made other barrels, like they said they where going to it would have been better. 556 to 300blk in a few minutes would have been awesome.

SanDiegoLMT
04-05-14, 18:24
I kind of figured that there wasn't much love on here for these guys. I know you sold yours, but was it at least fun to shoot? Was it easy to adjust to the higher rail height?

mattg1024
04-05-14, 18:31
I don't remember the rail height being any taller? If it is, like on my MR556 you can get micro BUIS and lower mounts for Aimpoints and such to keep the same cheek weld.

It was fun to shoot, adjustable gas block was nice. I think there are better options for the money, still over 2k around here. The Scar has a much bigger following and isn't that much more.

SanDiegoLMT
04-05-14, 18:44
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I'll also look into the Scar. They're a bit pricier here.

VIP3R 237
04-05-14, 18:55
The acr has the most potential of any platform IMO. Unfortunately there has been little to no factory or aftermarket support. If Remington would release their upgrades to the commercial version I think it would become even more popular than the scar. But remington won't.

SanDiegoLMT
04-05-14, 19:07
Viper - Do you have an ACR? I know that mods are extremely limited for the ACR, but are a huge variety of modifications really necessary for a rifle that was engineered to essentially perfect the AR15?

I feel like there's way too much crap for sale out there for people to bolt, screw or glue to their AR15. Not dismissing your argument, just proposing the question.

SpecWired
04-06-14, 12:17
Viper - Do you have an ACR? I know that mods are extremely limited for the ACR, but are a huge variety of modifications really necessary for a rifle that was engineered to essentially perfect the AR15?

I feel like there's way too much crap for sale out there for people to bolt, screw or glue to their AR15. Not dismissing your argument, just proposing the question.

Your description of stuff that "bolt, screw or glues to their AR15" is the strength of the platform. Millions goes into R&D on the AR15 per year so as a system it evolves at an accelerated rate.

Future Weapons aired the ACR/MASADA episode on December 20, 2007. Had it dropped on the day the episode showed the ACR would have been HUGE.

Fast forward to 2014 and 99% of everything touted about the ACR in 2007 is an option for the AR15 in 2014

The appearance of barrels, and rail options with a price reduction would do wonders for the ACR as well.

VIP3R 237
04-06-14, 12:43

I did for about a year, and I never had any problems functions wise. It was a very smooth shooter, and fairly accurate, but I ended up selling it because of the lack of barrels and conversion kits, and it was heavier than I preferred. I know most prefer the SCAR, I believe a lot of it is due to the Bushmaster branding. I also owned a SCAR at the same time and for some reason I would grab the ACR over the SCAR, honestly I was underwhelmed with the SCAR, at least in the 5.56. For me the ergo's and position of the controls were superior, and the ACR stock is 100x better than the Ugg boot stock of the SCAR. But in the end I sold both, and picked up a SR-15 and never looked back.

Now if Remington would allow Bushmaster to integrate the new upgrades on their version I would take a second look at the ACR.

Rifleman_04
04-06-14, 12:59
First off it is not AR15 based so the gas piston hate doesn't matter with this one. It is AR180/G36 based and this type of gas piston belongs there.

When it was going to be a Magpul made product I wanted one bad, but bushmaster really turned me off to it especially after I read real reviews and saw some videos of early production guns with some interesting malfunctions.

Once in a while I still think about just getting one to mess around with.

eodinert
04-06-14, 13:59
I think of getting one, knowing that I will have to replace or modify much on the rifle for me to be happy.

On the short list is replace the barrel with a lightened barrel with 1/7 twist.

SpecWired
04-06-14, 15:08
I think of getting one, knowing that I will have to replace or modify much on the rifle for me to be happy.

On the short list is replace the barrel with a lightened barrel with 1/7 twist.

There are some very nice advancements in the ACR design, you just can't get them.

I'm holding out for the appearance of this ACR, but even then I'd be hard pressed to say it's worth the cost over what I already have.

http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/rem_images/RemingtonMilitary/Resources/ACR6.jpg

mattg1024
04-06-14, 16:10
If your minds made up on an ACR spend some time on ACRforum. There was a few guys over there with some modified ACRs that were pretty cool. When I sold mine there was a big thread on a replacement rail they were designing. Not sure how it ended up, never went back after mine was gone.

ForTehNguyen
04-06-14, 18:38
I still have mine, just needs interchangeable grip and weight reduction, its porky compared to the AR

bigdog2003_99
04-06-14, 20:24
The replacement rail is out, it's similar to the Remington handguard in design.

If a 1/7 twist barrel is a must Marvin Pitts does the conversion. I tested a SBR Acr barrel for him and it looked as good as my factory barrel.

I have an early production model and had very good luck with it. It seems like the QC was hit or miss with the early ones, as they moved facilities the QC improved.

decodeddiesel
04-07-14, 00:24
http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/rem_images/RemingtonMilitary/Resources/ACR6.jpg

Looks like a SCAR (ducks under cover)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0Pu-rvFjs

BUBBAGUNS
04-07-14, 00:40
I like mine. I paid $1662 shipped for mine about 4 years ago. I don't get to shoot it as often as I would like.

I forgot how funny that video is.

Scrubber3
04-07-14, 01:10
The only good thing about the ACR is the stock. Front heavy as a shovel full of dirt, 1:9 twist barrel that was made to shit standards, and the right side of the selector couldn't be in a worse place. Top it off with an easy to remove barrel that is pointless to remove (where is the support for other barrels?), not to mention that you lose POI upon R/R-ing the barrel anyway.

Good idea, just poorly executed.

VIP3R 237
04-07-14, 01:54
Yep and the Remington version rectified all of those issues.

The only good thing about the ACR is the stock. Front heavy as a shovel full of dirt, 1:9 twist barrel that was made to shit standards, and the right side of the selector couldn't be in a worse place. Top it off with an easy to remove barrel that is pointless to remove (where is the support for other barrels?), not to mention that you lose POI upon R/R-ing the barrel anyway.

Good idea, just poorly executed.

Magic_Salad0892
04-07-14, 08:48
Eh. Gas system is still nothing special, and IMO not really better than the AR. Folding stock is the only real advantage.

Would rather have SIG 553 or something like the KAC SLICK with a SIG based bolt carrier group.

Even with FN there's still issues. Short handguard for fullsize guns. No heavy barrels available. Weak stock latches. Retarded sling attachment points. Non ambi bolt release/catch. Closed ring front sight. Reciprocating charging handle. Weak charging handle knob. No PDW variants. No factory SBR barrels. And sometimes breaks optics? (Unless that was fixed, and I also think only the H did that.)

ACR looks retarded. Bolt catch in weird place. Made by BM/Rem. No Remington upgrades. Charging handle still in weird place. No lightweight barrel options. No 1/7 barrel options. No .300blk barrel available. No factory SBR barrels, or PDW variants.

I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not insanely impressed by either gun. But I do like the SCAR.

kdcgrohl
04-07-14, 10:22
Eh. Gas system is still nothing special, and IMO not really better than the AR. Folding stock is the only real advantage.

Would rather have SIG 553 or something like the KAC SLICK with a SIG based bolt carrier group.

Even with FN there's still issues. Short handguard for fullsize guns. No heavy barrels available. Weak stock latches. Retarded sling attachment points. Non ambi bolt release/catch. Closed ring front sight. Reciprocating charging handle. Weak charging handle knob. No PDW variants. No factory SBR barrels. And sometimes breaks optics? (Unless that was fixed, and I also think only the H did that.)

ACR looks retarded. Bolt catch in weird place. Made by BM/Rem. No Remington upgrades. Charging handle still in weird place. No lightweight barrel options. No 1/7 barrel options. No .300blk barrel available. No factory SBR barrels, or PDW variants.

I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not insanely impressed by either gun. But I do like the SCAR.

SCAR factory SBR barrel assemblies are now easily sourced.

Vgex2
04-07-14, 10:37
SCAR factory SBR barrel assemblies are now easily sourced.

Yep.

FN Scar 16 Barrel Assembly 10" (http://sgcusa.com/rifles/fn/fn-scar-16-barrel-assembly-10.html)

FN SCAR 17 Barrel Assembly 13" (http://sgcusa.com/rifles/fn/fn-scar-17-barrel-assembly-13.html)

Scrubber3
04-07-14, 11:26
Yep and the Remington version rectified all of those issues.

Where can you buy a Remington version?

kdcgrohl
04-07-14, 11:32
Where can you buy a Remington version?

You can't.
Remington un-f***ed the bushmaster and refuses civilian sales. Nice huh?

VIP3R 237
04-07-14, 11:37
You can't.
Remington un-f***ed the bushmaster and refuses civilian sales. Nice huh?

Exactly. For the last 3 years at Shot Show I have begged and pleaded with the remington defense guys about them doing commercial sales to no avail.

nick84
04-07-14, 11:45
I have an ACR and shoot it semi regularly. I enjoy it but honestly only for the change of pace and conversation. Don't get me wrong its an OK shooter, but it will never replace any of my ARs. On the upside, they can now be had new in the 16 to 1700 range. If you have access to machining, and are bold enough to attempt your own mods, you might get some great use out of it. But support for the platform is pretty terrible. I'm currently waiting some backordered parts from BM to finish my own project. Good luck if you decide to get one.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Scrubber3
04-07-14, 17:58
Exactly. For the last 3 years at Shot Show I have begged and pleaded with the remington defense guys about them doing commercial sales to no avail.

I knew Remington wasn't available to civies... I was just stating that regardless of any fix there may be for the acr, it won't matter for us. Just another lost opportunity.

bigdog2003_99
04-07-14, 20:23
The Acr barrel is actually closer to 1/8. Every Acr barrel I've shot loved 75gr hornady match rounds. I have a few spares laying around.

It does suck that Remington won't release their parts for the Acr. They are much better and lighter than the factory BM stuff.

Scrubber3
04-08-14, 00:56
The Acr barrel is actually closer to 1/8. Every Acr barrel I've shot loved 75gr hornady match rounds. I have a few spares laying around.

It does suck that Remington won't release their parts for the Acr. They are much better and lighter than the factory BM stuff.

Then why is the barrel stamped 1:9? If it was closer to 1:8, wouldn't it stand to reason that the barrel would be stamped as such? Also, the bullet length tends to matter as well. Sometimes more so than the weight when it comes to stabilization.

jamesavery22
04-08-14, 10:28
I've been investigating the ACR for years. The platform has some great advantages.

I pulled the trigger on a used ACR and will make a project out of it. That being said I wouldn't recommend an ACR to anyone who wants to buy a working rifle...

Out of the box the ACR doesn't bring enough benefits to be worth its costs. The added weight, the titanium firing pin, no feed lip support, long turn around time for bushmaster parts. Out of the box it gives you a short stroke gas piston and a polymer lower. For those who want to pull it out of the box and shoot a bunch it's hard to see that it's worth it. I haven't even talked about price.

So why did I pull the trigger on one? First the ACR barrel is a M4 profiled barrel with a much smaller gas hole. The gas systems are completely different so you need to be able to control the gas hole size in the barrel and/or make a new gas regulator. If you can do this you have a lot of barrel options.
Second there are 3rd party companies making parts for the ACR. Bolts for caliber conversions is the big one. The icing on the cake there is the parts aren't crazy expensive. The SCAR has the same if not more aftermarket support but the prices for parts are much higher.
Obviously I plan to tinker a lot for this project.

If I wanted a 5.56 platform I would look at an AR. If I'm bored of AKs and want to build half of the rifle then I'll look at an ACR.

bigdog2003_99
04-08-14, 21:26
Then why is the barrel stamped 1:9? If it was closer to 1:8, wouldn't it stand to reason that the barrel would be stamped as such? Also, the bullet length tends to matter as well. Sometimes more so than the weight when it comes to stabilization.

I have no clue why they would mark it 1/9 when it's 1/8 unless it wasn't perfectly 1/8 so they rounded up. A few people have measured the twist on Acrforum and come out with 1/8.

If I get the time tomorrow I'll measure my 4 barrels sets.

If you really want an Ar15 barrel to work in an Acr it's not that hard to do. I did one of the first 10.5" conversions for less than 100 dollars plus a Noveske barrel and my factory barrel parts.

Big A
04-08-14, 23:50

And it is completely stupid for them not to. We all know that the LE/MIL sales would pale in comparison to what the civilian market would be willing to spend on them.

I wanted one of these soooooo bad when Magpul originally had it as the Massada but now I wouldn't buy one even if Remmington released the defense model on general principle. F 'em and their damn rifle.

Jippo
04-09-14, 13:48
ACR is my main rifle these days. I've been very happy with so far. I've several thousand rounds through mine. I had to loctite the upper screws as they loosened when shooting, but that is basically it.

Relibility would be 100% if I hadn't once loaned an old GI mag, which had feed problems. Accuracy is a honest 1.5 moa with some cartridges hovering near 1 moa.

Overall, yes I have ACR love here. I only wish BM would get the official aftermarket running.

bigdog2003_99
04-11-14, 20:36
I measured one of my barrels and it came to 1/8.

Scrubber3
04-11-14, 22:41
I have no clue why they would mark it 1/9 when it's 1/8 unless it wasn't perfectly 1/8 so they rounded up. A few people have measured the twist on Acrforum and come out with 1/8.

If I get the time tomorrow I'll measure my 4 barrels sets.

If you really want an Ar15 barrel to work in an Acr it's not that hard to do. I did one of the first 10.5" conversions for less than 100 dollars plus a Noveske barrel and my factory barrel parts.

Post up a picture or two. I'd love to see it.

bm176
04-12-14, 18:13
my ffl dealer informed me my ACR should be in next week, ive always wanted one

bigdog2003_99
04-12-14, 22:31
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/bigdog2003_99/IMG_5260.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/bigdog2003_99/media/IMG_5260.jpg.html)
Here's my rifle, I was testing one of Marvin's first 10.5" Acr barrel conversions. My barrel that I converted myself is the one on top, Marvin's is on the bottom.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/bigdog2003_99/IMG_0481.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/bigdog2003_99/media/IMG_0481.jpg.html)

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/bigdog2003_99/Mobile%20Uploads/20140412_234315.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/bigdog2003_99/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140412_234315.jpg.html)
The top 16" barrel set is the next one I'm using for a conversion, thus why it's not 100% assembled.

VIP3R 237
04-12-14, 22:34
That looks really good, whose hand guard?

bigdog2003_99
04-12-14, 23:00
Thanks man! That is a real Remington Handguard. It's stupid light compared to the other handguards.

3is
04-13-14, 00:18
The replacement rail is out, it's similar to the Remington handguard in design.

If a 1/7 twist barrel is a must Marvin Pitts does the conversion. I tested a SBR Acr barrel for him and it looked as good as my factory barrel.

I have an early production model and had very good luck with it. It seems like the QC was hit or miss with the early ones, as they moved facilities the QC improved.

Whoa whoa whoa what? The unobtainium is now obtainable? Where? I had an acr for two months. really liked it. But thought the barrel needed to be re profiled to pencil and ...well just the whole front end just needed to go on a diet. Like did the ratcheting quick change barrel really need that big of a lock handle?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

bigdog2003_99
04-13-14, 08:52
Marvin has alot of designs he's looking to incorporate to the Acr. His complete gas system was only the first.

The SBR barrel was the best thing I could do to the Acr since it's so front heavy. It's still a pig for now though. Mine weighs 7.25 pounds bare with a Noveske lightweight 10.5" barrel, if I get it dimpled it probably will be right around 7 pounds if I'm lucky.

3is
04-13-14, 11:25
Marvin has alot of designs he's looking to incorporate to the Acr. His complete gas system was only the first.

The SBR barrel was the best thing I could do to the Acr since it's so front heavy. It's still a pig for now though. Mine weighs 7.25 pounds bare with a Noveske lightweight 10.5" barrel, if I get it dimpled it probably will be right around 7 pounds if I'm lucky.

What about the generation 2 handguards? Where does one get those?

BoringGuy45
04-13-14, 13:37
Technological arguments aside, Bushmaster made the same mistake most firearm and accessory companies make when releasing a new product: Assuming that there's nearly no limit to how much the average consumer will spent to get the latest and greatest. When Magpul first came up with the Masada, I remember reading that the estimated MSRP would probably be between $1200 and $1500: About as much as a good quality AR. However, Bushmaster priced it at $3000. You can't do that in the gun community. As anyone who has worked in, or even just been in a gun store knows, one of the most common questions about anything is, "What is the cheapest one you've got?" It's also a culture of haggling and bargaining. If someone is $100, they want it for $50. If it's $1, they want it for 50 cents. If it's free, they want you to pay them to take it. For most gun owners, a Colt is considered too expensive and "you're just paying for the name"; they want an M&P15 or a DPMS. It would be tough enough to sell the ACR at quality AR prices, it was downright foolhardy to try and sell it at 3K.

bm176
04-14-14, 04:47
bigdog nice acr, just picked up my ACR today, when shouldering this rifle it feels so natural outa the box. came with a big BM plastic hard case..you can actually fit 2 rifles and maybe some pistols. some pics for now, and need to work on a range trip

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/imagejpg1_zps0876f19c.jpg
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/imagejpg1_zps20383b0e.jpg

scooter22
04-14-14, 07:25

Just to be clear, there are FN SCAR SBR barrels available.

The price may not be great, but they exist.

ryr8828
04-14-14, 07:32
Haven't been able to fall in love with my acr, but it looks great in the safe with the stock all folded up and all.

bigdog2003_99
04-14-14, 20:23
Here's the handguard, I don't have one yet but it's about the same weight as the basic handguard. It also uses moe rail segments too.

http://clandestinecomponents.com/

scooter22
04-14-14, 20:25
Here's the handguard, I don't have one yet but it's about the same weight as the basic handguard. It also uses moe rail segments too.

Sold out?

bigdog2003_99
04-15-14, 18:19
He's still making them, it's not a shop but an individual making them through a local business. There's a thread on TOS that has more info on them including pics of it mounted. I'll end up getting one eventually but I have too many projects in the works right now.

3is
04-15-14, 18:30

thanks for the link. now just have to figure out if I want to buy an ACR SBR or just reprofile the 16" barrel....(Washington state requires SBR's to be purchased from out of state sources. Manufacturing can only done for export or LE/Mil).

scooter22
04-15-14, 19:38
thanks for the link. now just have to figure out if I want to buy an ACR SBR or just reprofile the 16" barrel....(Washington state requires SBR's to be purchased from out of state sources. Manufacturing can only done for export or LE/Mil).

A factory ACR SBR is not an option.

Don't re-profile that POS Bushmaster barrel.

Contact Marvin Pitts at Nefarious Arms, and get him to cut down and configure a DD barrel for the ACR.

You may also have to make/purchase a custom gas block.

eternal24k
04-22-14, 09:22
I love the ACR but hate BM's execution of it and the price. Glad to see some are working on addressing the barrels

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

3is
04-22-14, 10:59
A factory ACR SBR is not an option.

Don't re-profile that POS Bushmaster barrel.

Contact Marvin Pitts at Nefarious Arms, and get him to cut down and configure a DD barrel for the ACR.

You may also have to make/purchase a custom gas block.

I wasn't planning a factory sbr. I would have to find an out of state ffl manufacturer/dealer who would cut down the barrel for me so I could transfer the rifle to my state, which does not allow the manufacture of sbr for personal use. Manufacturing of sbr in my state require le/mil use or export only. Having it sent out and "rebuilt" would require me to pay 9.5% use tax twice due to state laws.

Celt
04-23-14, 17:28
The ACR was so promising.

bm176
04-28-14, 06:07
took it to the range for the first time, and had my friends give it a go. we had all shot the scar before but we all agree we like the acr much better. the action is buttery smooth, shouldering it is almost perfect. only shot 25y and 50y that day, 100y soon...on private land. i love this rifle:) some factory ammo, and some hand loads i did for this day to try out
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/imagejpg1_zps00027f38.jpg
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg544/sr16ve2/imagejpg1_zps22f022a1.jpg

Bret
08-11-15, 18:25
Now that the ACR can be found in the $1500 price range, what do ya'll think? As a collector (not an operator) who already has a decent collection of AR's and AK's, I'm purchasing other military style rifles to round out my collection. Is the ACR worthy enough to be part of a military style rifle collection?

Hkbeltfed
08-11-15, 18:35
Yes, it is!

ST911
08-11-15, 18:41
Yes, it is!

Can you share more? Why you think so, especially your experience with the ACR, etc?

Kain
08-11-15, 19:09
Can you share more? Why you think so, especially your experience with the ACR, etc?

If you are looking at it from a collector stand point... why not? To add it to a collection as a reference item, the rifle doesn't need to have been successful. Hell from a collector's standpoint that may actually make it worth more if it s a failed design and as something to bring out and go, "look, this had promise and was handled horribly by the company who owned it."

Sensei
08-12-15, 01:31
If you are looking at it from a collector stand point... why not? To add it to a collection as a reference item, the rifle doesn't need to have been successful. Hell from a collector's standpoint that may actually make it worth more if it s a failed design and as something to bring out and go, "look, this had promise and was handled horribly by the company who owned it."

Well in that case, perhaps he should first buy my Robarms XCR. It is a real turd that crashed hard. ;)

Bret
08-12-15, 07:47
Is Robarms still in business. I looked a few days ago and couldn't find any of their rifles for sale. To be clear, I don't want unreliable.

Bret
08-12-15, 22:19
I decided to get an ACR for the collection. I was considering the SCAR too, but the $800 price difference is pretty significant. Besides, I have a friend who has one. Both the SCAR and ACR seem to have their own advantages/disadvantages from what I've been able to read or see in video. Being a bit different than other rifles in my collection, it will be interesting. I purchased the basic version in the coyote color from grabagun.com, although it looks more like dark mustard to me. I'll post pictures when it arrives.

Ajackz
08-18-15, 21:15
Posting to follow this thread. I have an ACR and it has proven itself to be my go to rifle. The bolt release is a bit tough to actuate, but I just rip on the charging handle. An interesting point, I never hear AK guys complaining about charging the AK but Ive heard several critique the ACR for that very similar action. The gun is a bit front heavy but not near as much as I hear most people complain ..Well when compared to other piston operated guns. I almost let the internet talk me out of buying this gun, Im glad I didnt fall into the BASH A GUN before you have ever even touched it category. Paid 1545 out the door for it, I used their credit card machine being down, and a wad of cash in my pocket as a bargaining chip.

dwhitehorne
08-19-15, 16:26
I picked up a coyote one this weekend also. I have been looking at them since the Masada. At $1500 it is something I wanted to try that was different from my AR's. I don't feel it is very different in weight/balance from the LWRC's we have at work. I put a VX-R fireadot circle on it and have run right a 600 rounds through it so far this week. It really is a well thought out weapon design. The quick change barrel is something I have no use for but it is an interesting idea. The recoil is definately different than an AR. On the bench zeroing the scope it does jump around. The strange thing is when standing running it hard up close there is almost no muzzle rise. The rifle moves more side to side. Something I have not experience before. It is fun to try something different than the AR and AK. About the only thing I would really like to change is the ambi safety. The right side lever digs into the index finger after a few hundred rounds. And it won't run with the clear HK mags. Reloads with the bolt to the rear alway pop the first round. Lancers old and new, Pmags and GI mags work great so far. David

S1dewinder
08-19-15, 22:27
Is Robarms still in business. I looked a few days ago and couldn't find any of their rifles for sale. To be clear, I don't want unreliable.

I believe they still are. Last I read about it, they were doing keymod and (possibly?) a short stroke gas system. The XCR Forums are the best place for current information. Distribution and customer service at Rob Arms are an entirely different subject though. My XCR in 7.62 has been reliable but it's no lightweight.

Mrshmitty
08-20-15, 03:45
Robinson Arms is still in business. They just released their 308 version or recently I should say. They were shut down for a time because of some unexpected issues, but I can not speculate on what they really were as I havent talked to Alex for some time. Great gun, but their newer stocks are too thin in my opinion and could benefit from a wider recoil pad.

Ajackz
08-20-15, 20:56
. About the only thing I would really like to change is the ambi safety. The right side lever digs into the index finger after a few hundred rounds.

On the ACR forum there is someone selling 45 degree saftey switches to help negate that.

dwhitehorne
08-21-15, 20:56
Thanks

On the ACR forum there is someone selling 45 degree saftey switches to help negate that.

Jippo
08-23-15, 00:58
The strange thing is when standing running it hard up close there is almost no muzzle rise. The rifle moves more side to side. Something I have not experience before. It is fun to try something different than the AR and AK.

The key to managing ACR recoil is forward grip with a support hand. Plastic handguard works better in this aspect.

HK51Fan
08-26-15, 19:35
Shit....I love mine.

how do you post pics here? i used to use imageshack , but now they want me to pay a monthly membership. F that!

Bret
08-26-15, 20:15
how do you post pics here? i used to use imageshack , but now they want me to pay a monthly membership.
Same thing happened to me. Now I use www.postimage.org.

BUBBAGUNS
08-27-15, 10:25
I use photobucket. It is free.

HK51Fan
08-27-15, 13:57
thanks man!

HK51Fan
08-27-15, 13:58
http://s22.postimg.org/szuabaxw1/ACR.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/urn967h8t/full/)
image upload no limit (http://postimage.org/)

HK51Fan
08-27-15, 14:02
i picked up a bunch of KAC rail panels from local mil surp store....i have them on my SIG, SCAR, ARs, ACR, even my Tavor......they're rugged and they were cheap. like 15 bucks for the multisize roll that was issued to troops....heck I picked up 4 or 5 KAV VFGs just because they were like 5 bucks each..i remember when KAC wanted to charge 50 or more for a single VFG.