PDA

View Full Version : Major difference between Aimpont Pro & Aimpoint Comp M3 ?

jh225
04-06-14, 18:21
I have a couple of Aimpoint Pro and like them just fine.

Possibly looking at a deal on a Aimpoint Comp M3 (4moa) and would like to know if there are any major differences (other than 2 vs 4 moa) or is one preferred over the other and why?

Use is strictly home/SD/range out to 250yds

gliitch
04-06-14, 19:16
-m3 has 50k hour life vs 30k hour for the pro.
-m3 has 2moa and 4moa options, pro is 2moa only.
-m3 body is extruded high strength aluminum, pro listed just as high strength aluminum.
-pro comes with a mount, m3 does not.
-both have acet technology but the m3 maybe a higher version which is why the better battery life? both of the batteries are the same so not sure why the difference in battery life.

Edit: the price is a huge difference, and enough of one to make the pro the easy choice.

jh225
04-06-14, 19:29
-m3 has 50k hour life vs 30k hour for the pro.
-m3 has 2moa and 4moa options, pro is 2moa only.
-m3 body is extruded high strength aluminum, pro listed just as high strength aluminum.
-pro comes with a mount, m3 does not.
-both have acet technology but the m3 maybe a higher version which is why the better battery life? both of the batteries are the same so not sure why the difference in battery life.

Edit: the price is a huge difference, and enough of one to make the pro the easy choice.

Thanks for the line by line comparison.

The price point is what I dont get.

Being that the Pro comes with the QD mount, and being that it costs $200 less, why does the end user choose the M3? There just has to be more of the picture that I'm not seeing.

gliitch
04-06-14, 19:33
id venture to say between the better made body and the longer battery life the creators found that enough for the premium price.

Jmanwit
05-01-14, 22:15
I'd consider getting an M3, but my M2 just works. Can't beat the Aimpoint.

Caeser25
05-02-14, 03:56
M3 came before the pro. Frankly I have no idea why the pro ever came about. The C3 was in the price range of the pro with battery life of the m3.