PDA

View Full Version : How Much Tension American Defense Mount

702Warfighter
04-08-14, 01:14
I recently got a AD QD mount for my Aimpoint T1 and I was wondering what the right amount of tension should I use? I know that it varies from personal preference to the spec of the uppers rail. I tried two different amounts of tension that were a flats turn in difference. One was tight enough for me to push down hard and extremely hard to remove. The other was one flat turn looser and it feels like it's not enough. It's easy to close as well as open. Any suggestions?

Zane1844
04-08-14, 01:32
With the two ADM mounts I had, it was either tight and very hard to get off, or not tight enough.

Just make its tight enough not to move during recoil.

black22rifle
04-08-14, 01:55
I have one and it fits very snugly on the upper. It is a bit hard to take off but nothing too bad. ADM suggests not tightening it too much since it has a large bearing surface it does not need to be very tight. If you are having problems with finding the correct tension try to adjust the screw itself a little bit , maybe loosen or tighten the screw and then set the octagonal nut.

702Warfighter
04-08-14, 01:56
I have one and it fits very snugly on the upper. It is a bit hard to take off but nothing too bad. ADM suggests not tightening it too much since it has a large bearing surface it does not need to be very tight. If you are having problems with finding the correct tension try to adjust the screw itself a little bit , maybe loosen or tighten the screw and then set the octagonal nut.

Thanks I hadn't thought of doing that.