PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get into 3 gun

gishooter
05-28-08, 18:47
Gents,
Ok I will revise this as I have found most of what I need. The only question is a 13.7 inch barrel (Novekse Infidel) to short for these competitions? How long are the longest shot. I have read 300yds. Seems doable.

glockshooter
05-28-08, 21:44
The best answer is it depends. I a relatively short range match you would be fine, but unless you are one hell of a shot you will be out back at a long range match. Anything is possible, but you would really have to your zero and holds for long targets.

Matt

gishooter
05-29-08, 15:45
Thanks for the info, that is what I was thinking. I would like to find someone shooting a 13.7 and see what kind of accuracy they are getting..hint..hint to someone owning one, help a brother out.

Charles
05-30-08, 10:00
The length of the barrel has no bearing on practical accuracy. If anything shorter barrels "should" be more accurate, all else being equal, because they are stiffer. The only problem you'll have is lower muzzle velocity, which just means a bit more drop at longer ranges that you will have to compensate for.

Not a problem...

gishooter
05-30-08, 15:41
Thanks for the info, kinda what I was hoping

The Archangel
06-25-08, 10:08
The length of the barrel has no bearing on practical accuracy. If anything shorter barrels "should" be more accurate, all else being equal, because they are stiffer. The only problem you'll have is lower muzzle velocity, which just means a bit more drop at longer ranges that you will have to compensate for.

Not a problem...

+1

98% of the people in this world don't have the ability to shoot as accurately and consistantly as what your Noveske 13.7" barrel is capable of.

If you can hit targets at 300 yards with a 20" barrel, you'll be able to do that just as well with your 13.7.