PDA

View Full Version : Mag pouch/med kit combo

JCast265
04-10-14, 17:27
Does anyone have experience with the Extreme Gear Labs "HAMR" pouch? It's an AR mag pouch that also holds a BOK and Tq, I'm just not sure how comprehensive a kit it carries as I aven't found pictures or reviews of it anywhere on-line other than their website but I know they primarily do specialty stuff.

I'm interested because I have the Raven subload moduloader and would like to have an IFAK/BOK of some sort on it without losing the ability to carry 2 AR magazines and this caught my eye. The other option is the HSGI Bleeder and the X2R/P Taco but that seemed like a lot of weight on 2 arms of the moduloader and a bit bulky.

You can see the pouch a ways down on this page (sorry for the cold link, I'm on a tablet): http://www.extremegearlabs.com/accessories.html

Or do you have any other suggestions of something that might fit my needs?

eggroll
04-10-14, 18:26
Does anyone have experience with the Extreme Gear Labs "HAMR" pouch? It's an AR mag pouch that also holds a BOK and Tq, I'm just not sure how comprehensive a kit it carries as I aven't found pictures or reviews of it anywhere on-line other than their website but I know they primarily do specialty stuff.

I'm interested because I have the Raven subload moduloader and would like to have an IFAK/BOK of some sort on it without losing the ability to carry 2 AR magazines and this caught my eye. The other option is the HSGI Bleeder and the X2R/P Taco but that seemed like a lot of weight on 2 arms of the moduloader and a bit bulky.

You can see the pouch a ways down on this page (sorry for the cold link, I'm on a tablet): http://www.extremegearlabs.com/accessories.html

Or do you have any other suggestions of something that might fit my needs?

The HAMR (HoldAMedkitandReload) was an outgrowth of the 1st gen DARK pouch that EGL designed. It is meant to carry the DARK kit or similar form factor unit. It is sewn onto a magazine speedload pouch so as to not impact a users magazine count.

what is is not meant to do in its current form factor is carry supplies at full volume.... by trying to save space and real estate with a combination pouch such as this, a user is really counting cube displacement

I will be the first to tell you that it is a specialized piece of kit and designwiise will go counter with some folks' idea of loading. But bear in mind, this kit is meant solely as a BEUO (By Exception USE Only)

Insert kit, seal and do not deploy until needed or to check expirations

it is attached via 2 x LONG malice clips and is 3" wide so it should fit your loader from a physical perspective... its size though may or may not impact your utility

JCast265
04-10-14, 21:01
Hey eggroll, thanks for the quick reply. I responded to your post on the other site too, do you have the dimensions on what it would be, just so I could get an idea?

Also, I know the colors are custom and everything, but do you have a close match to HSGI's Urban Grey?

Thanks