PDA

View Full Version : No barrel markings

g3driver
05-29-08, 01:26
I bought a 16" fluted M4 barrel at a gun show and when I came home and looked I could not find any markings on it. I have had it for about a year and it shoots great but I was just wondering who manufactured it? Any ideas?

Thanks.

OldNavyGuy
05-29-08, 10:06
i am certain no one can answer your question, as many barrels are unmarked, i own several AR-15s that have no identifier markings at all, one of them Eagle Arms EA-15 E2 factory original has no markings.

AMMOTECH
05-29-08, 13:04
If it works keep it. As long as it is accurate enough for your intended use of the rifle then you should not have any problems. I would just stick to good factory ammo and skip any unknown maker reloads to avoid over pressure issues.

As for the maker it could be anyone. Sometimes a larger company that makes barrels may do a run for another company and omit any markings.

Does it at least have a chamber size ? (.223/5.56)

Did you buy a complete upper or just the barrel?

g3driver
05-29-08, 13:36
I purchased a complete upper on the carry handle it is marked HK on the rear sight. Also there are no chamber size markings on teh barrel but it loves XM193 and M855 ammo.

Thanks guys.

If it works keep it. As long as it is accurate enough for your intended use of the rifle then you should not have any problems. I would just stick to good factory ammo and skip any unknown maker reloads to avoid over pressure issues.

As for the maker it could be anyone. Sometimes a larger company that makes barrels may do a run for another company and omit any markings.

Does it at least have a chamber size ? (.223/5.56)

Did you buy a complete upper or just the barrel?

jsta5.56shooter
05-30-08, 11:19
i got one from M1sales all is has on it is M1S 1-9. No cal mark at all. when it was ordered 5.56 chamber was stated to the sales rep as well as M4 feed ramps. its a shaw bbl tho.