PDA

View Full Version : Army Tactical Assault Panel TAP

Fasstasheck
04-11-14, 08:51
I'm a combat medic in a FA BN in the ARNG. Being guard we're still issued IBAs instead of IOTVs.

I'm interested in the Tactical Assault Panel that the Army is currently fielding as an option for me.

Any time we're live-firing we're required to wear armor, but I like the fact that the TAP allows you to remove pouches and go slick as needed. I'm 6' , 210 lbs so getting some extra real estate behind the wheel of a HMMWV is appealing. Between a basic combat load and med pouches ( I keep enough trauma supplies on my person to treat at least 1-2 casualties without my aid bag) space gets a little tight.

I've only seen it used with the SPC and IOTV, but not an IBA. It looks like it would work because the clips just use the PALS webbing, but I'm looking to see if anyone has experience?

GTF425
04-12-14, 06:27
The TAPS is hot garbage.

If you absolutely have to have a chest rig, look into the Tac Tailor MAP. It uses a similar attachment method and doesn't have the added bulk of the built in mag pouches the TAPS does. The TAPS is overly bulky and poorly stitched.

I bought one of these and gave it to my SAW gunner. He loves it.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/mapmodularassaultpanel-2.aspx

You can also pick up the stand alone straps, but personally, just rock the issued FLC and load up the MAP if you plan to do a live fire. In my personal opinion, if your live fires require you to wear your IBA, then just wear the IBA all the time and adjust your pouches to meet your needs. Train like you fight and all that.