PDA

View Full Version : Glock trigger not engaging

Cphogan88
04-11-14, 20:55
Before I explain the issue, let me say that this is my 4th Glock. I never had issues with my 23, 22, or my 21.

The other day I bought a brand new Gen. 3 Glock 19. While sitting at the house fondling my new blaster, I noticed that occasionally when I would let the slide forward, the striker would not engage the trigger system, and the trigger would stay in the rearward position. If this were just a range gun, I wouldn't think much of it. But being as this is intended to be my new carry gun, this is obviously a problem.

Any thoughts on what the problem may be? And what the solution is?

decodeddiesel
04-11-14, 21:36
Contact Glock Customer Service. /thread

punkey71
04-11-14, 21:40
Does your connector have the correct outboard angle to it when you look at it in the trigger housing, but removed from the frame?

Either way, try swapping connectors with one from your 22 or 23 (provided they function properly) and see if the problem persists.

Harold

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cphogan88
04-11-14, 21:44
I don't have the 23 or 22 anymore, but I compared the connector angle to the connector in my 21 and it all looks kosher. Since it is brand new, a couple hundred rounds through it may be the answer, idk.

punkey71
04-11-14, 21:52
Inspect the trigger spring as well and try swapping the connectors and see if the problem follows the connector or stays with the 19.

Cphogan88
04-11-14, 22:05
Perhaps the issue did lie with the connector. After swapping connectors, I haven't been able to recreate the issue I was having. Only time and rounds will tell.

punkey71
04-11-14, 22:09
Does the connector that was in the 19 reproduce the problem in your 21?

Cphogan88
04-11-14, 23:47
Yes. Perhaps after they made how ever many connectors they did that day, I got the one that wasn't quite up to spec.

Scrubber3
04-12-14, 00:03
Check where the trigger bar rubs against the trigger mechanism housing. Sometimes grooves can get cut into the polymer housing and cause this issue. Especially if it was ever at a gun show and had the trigger zip tied. If so, all you have to do is remove the grooves with a light bit of filing, or get a new housing. Whichever you feel most comfortable doing. If it's too deep, you'll need a new housing.

I had the exact same issue with my newly purchased Gen 4 17. Took it apart, and with the process of elimination, discovered the issue. Filed it back smooth.... Problem solved. It still had the zip tie on it from the gun show it was at.

Street Survival
04-13-14, 15:36
Sounds like your trigger spring is not in the "S" configuration.

Scrubber3
04-14-14, 17:00
Sounds like your trigger spring is not in the "S" configuration.

Unlikely.....

Frntsyt
04-15-14, 00:40
Make sure the connector, when installed into the trigger mechanism housing, still has the "bend" away from the housing. If the connector is flat against the plastic of the housing, it can cause problems...

Scrubber3
04-18-14, 19:10
Any progress on this?

birdkiller
04-19-14, 00:18
Not sure if you've checked or not, but I had a Gen 4 19 have the exact problem because the trigger return spring was slightly off from being properly installed (my fault). I popped it back into place and the problem went away. I shot through two days of classes with the trigger spring improperly installed, and the only two times I had a problem was doing a single hand malfunction clearance, but I noticed it again when I was dry firing lair that week.
Like I said, it's all good now. So check that, and like Scrubber said let us know how it goes.