PDA

View Full Version : Surefire G2X tactical now has dual springs

Slippers
04-11-14, 21:41
My wife gave me a Surefire G2X tactical that she snagged from B&H for $49. I did a search around m4c and found a few older posts where everyone recommended against using it as a weapon light, mainly because the batteries rested directly against the circuit board.

I don't know when Surefire changed the design, but the unit I received has springs in both the tailcap and the light module. I went through the packaging and documentation thoroughly and did not find anything about the light not being rated for weapons use, either.

At the budget pricing, and with the inclusion of the second spring, is there any reason not to give it a try on a rifle?

Zane1844
04-11-14, 21:56
I have the G2X on my rifle, I thought these were good to go?

The one time I used it at night it worked. It still works.

Kain
04-11-14, 22:07
Just checked one I bought about a year ago and I think it has dual springs as well. At least when rear cap is removed I can push down on the batteries and they spring back up. Have another G2X Tactical that I have mounted to one of my ARs and it has run without issue.

Of note, both G2X tacticals are 320 lumen models. Not sure if that makes any differences but figured it was worth noting. Since they have dropped to about $50 in some locales am thinking of buying another as back up to my back ups.

Slippers
04-11-14, 22:13
I didn't specify in the OP, but mine is a 320 lumen model, as well.

jpeezy
04-12-14, 15:30
Apologies, not trying to take over but has anyone fielded the G2X on an 870 with a magpul forend? I'm ditching the gigantic surefire forend for a magpul and IWC mount.

Tequila45
04-14-14, 20:05
I've had a gtx on my AR for a few hundred rounds. I know that's not a high round count but it functions fine