PDA

View Full Version : HSGI taco pouches who runs them opinions ??

moses in maine
04-13-14, 10:25
Hello .
Just wanted to hear some opinions from those who run the taco series pouches ??? I have just got some of the double tacos with pistol taco (X2P) . So whatsoever the general consensus? Does any body run bungee cords on the rifle tacos for extra retention ??? I noticed you have the tabs but hsgi does not include them .

And last what about the shot gun cards are they ment to fit inside the tacos and if yes does the cards fit one or two cards per taco rifle pouch ??

thanks for the help !

Korgs130
04-13-14, 10:52
The Tacos are awesome and I haven't found the need to any extra bungee cords for retention. I run them on both a HSGI battle belt and on RCS Modular attachments. No experience with the shotgun cards.

bowietx
04-13-14, 11:43
I have not used the shotgun cards so no data from that standpoint. As far as retention is concerned they have worked very well when moving on foot. If you are sitting in helos or vehicles and have cords any other impediments that can reach out and grab them you may want to use an extra retention device. Overall they have worked very well and aside from the retention problems noted above I have experienced no issues.

3is
04-13-14, 11:46
I thought they were the bees knees. But some of my ak magazines catch up on them. So that was a small dissapointment. M1A and ar15 magazines are freaking fantastic for these things. I even ran my Steyr AUG mags pretty well with the tacos.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

moses in maine
04-13-14, 11:54
I thought they were the bees knees. But some of my ak magazines catch up on them. So that was a small dissapointment. M1A and ar15 magazines are freaking fantastic for these things. I even ran my Steyr AUG mags pretty well with the tacos.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

since I sold all my AKs I run only 5,56 AR MAGS but I hope soon to run a 308 ar set up as soon as I figure out what make I want to go with .

I had an idea that ak mags might catch up with these tacos but for the ar mags I so far like what I am seeing . Regardless I would like to add bungee retention and since I see hsgi sells the bungee kits for cheap I figure if I need more retention
I can use them or not at my need .

TheWaker43
04-13-14, 19:55
Like 3is said AR and M1A mags work great. And I've never felt the need for bungee but I might pick up a kit since it is so cheap. As far as the shotgun cards, I have a couple Esstac ones. Not to crazy about them with the Taco's. The cards themselves are fine but the velcro on cards and the velcro inside the Taco's make it hard to get them in and out.

Ryo
04-16-14, 22:26
Tacos are very good in its versatility. Takes a bit of practice to reinsert the mags single handed.
I don't run extra bungee cords on them.

Zambowhite
04-17-14, 11:57
I'm with Ryo, they are versatile and have good retention, but reinserting mags can be hit or miss sometimes.

bighawk
04-21-14, 04:08
I've used them on the Costa leg rig for AR and AK mags in the rifle pouches as well as Glock and M&P mags, folding knives, multi tools and Surefire 1" lights in the pistol pouches. They all fit really well and have great retention. However as noted above sometimes the AK mags do catch up on the pouches. I tried some shotgun cards and they are a bit loose fitting however I did not try it with two cards only one. If that was your intended use for them you could tighten the bungee cord up to fit those specifically. I found no need for any additional bungee retention over the top of the mags however I am only using them during shooting drills with a little running from point to point.

themonk
04-21-14, 07:02
I use them on both a BROKOS belt and the RCS Modular frame. They are awesome and have not a had a ton of issues with AK 5.45 mags, I am just a bit more aggressive both pulling and reinsertion.

I am really loving the RCS Modular frame, such a great light weight option especially with the new clips.

Failure2Stop
04-21-14, 08:35
I have used them a few times since they came out.
Went away from them initially during a deployment due to wear to the bungee when used in abrasive/snaggy environments and I did not have a requirement to accommodate non-AR pattern magazines.
I tried them again when I wanted a multi-purpose baseline, however, single-hand reinsertion of 7.62x51 magazines was significantly inferior to dedicated pouches to a degree that I found unsuitable for that purpose.

bighawk
04-21-14, 13:56
I use them on both a BROKOS belt and the RCS Modular frame. They are awesome and have not a had a ton of issues with AK 5.45 mags, I am just a bit more aggressive both pulling and reinsertion.

I am really loving the RCS Modular frame, such a great light weight option especially with the new clips.

This ^^^^ ... I have realized a more aggressive pull helps with the problem of AK mags snagging

Hmac
04-21-14, 14:12

Me too...Tacos on a Brokos + RCS Modular. The tacos are ok. I think I prefer the ITW FastMags, both pistol and rifle. Good retention, easier it reinsert.

Glock30
11-14-15, 10:26
I ran the Tacos (x2r,x2rp) on my TecTacPlateCarrier 5.11 and found it to be very flimsy, especially while running. Great idea, but I need more security for my mags for I what I do. The retention for your pistol mags is little to non in my opinion.

Caeser25
11-14-15, 19:16
This ^^^^ ... I have realized a more aggressive pull helps with the problem of AK mags snagging

A little bit of cant helps too.

Tzook
11-14-15, 21:18
I have some HSGI tacos, just recently started using them.

Also, this is a total shameless plug for a product I love, but you should look into the Aridus Industries Q-DC. Basically the same idea as the shotgun card, with actual "magazines" that go on the side of the gun. I was a beta tester for them, and absolutely loved it.

henschman
11-14-15, 22:18
I have a lot of miles logged over the past couple years running with a full loadout with my Tacos (X2RP and pistol), on my HSGI Suregrip belt. They work great. I love how they are compatible with different mags. The only time I had trouble was when I put 33 round happy sticks in my pistol Tacos. They did not retain well, and I lost both mags while on my belly in the sand. I should have known better. I understand they now make a SMG Taco that should work better with that sort of mag. Anyway, Tacos are highly recommended.

gibsonsg05
12-05-15, 22:47
I run pistol tacos on my duty belt. They've been great and fit a wide array of gear.